Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

On 1/28/2020 at 11:37 AM, DestructionFranz said:

New Destruction army automatically means new investement for me πŸ™‚

Just want to throw it out there, as proof of my incredible ability to guess the future πŸ˜‰, that I expect them to be ORDER.Β 

So far they often kind of write ahead with the narrative and all those mentions of an intelligent race of giants that worked with the pantheon. I’m just so convinced that this year will by all about Hysh.Β 

the only way I feel it’s going to destruction is if they do a storyline where the descendants of the intelligent giants resent the pantheon and their ancestors that sacrificed themselves. So in their resentment of the pantheon found GorkaMorka.

#NostradamusOfHysh

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Just want to throw it out there, as proof of my incredible ability to guess the future πŸ˜‰, that I expect them to be ORDER.Β 

So far they often kind of write ahead with the narrative and all those mentions of an intelligent race of giants that worked with the pantheon. I’m just so convinced that this year will by all about Hysh.Β 

the only way I feel it’s going to destruction is if they do a storyline where the descendants of the intelligent giants resent the pantheon and their ancestors that sacrificed themselves. So in their resentment of the pantheon found GorkaMorka.

#NostradamusOfHysh

To be fair they can spoof this to be destruction, chaos, or order

what if chaos got some kind of foothold on behemats sons before the sigmarines were able to destroy behemat him/herself (I don’t remember if they gave behemat a gender? The giants seem to all be male so idk) this could open the possibility of chaotic sons. And as for why chaos would be fighting chaos (they hate beastmen) I think we all know that infighting is kind of chaos’s thing lol

destruction giants seem the best fit. It makes sense to point out that the original sons of behemat battalion was made up of Aleguzzlers right? So maybe this isn’t intelligent giants, more so ogor or Orruk levels of intelligence for their leaders (or perhaps they always were as intelligent as orruks, I don’t remember them being any more stupid then their Orruk and ogor overlords. I’m pretty sure with ogors it’s cuz they get beaten into submission. And with orruks they kinda join waaaghs sometimes)

It’s also possible that we get factions that are different alliances! What if some sons took refuge in cities of sigmar or something (they could help build and such, very useful and we’ve seen destruction work with order so all we need is a long term commitment and bam order giants) some of them were corrupted to chaos, and some are pure destruction (brogg or whatever the namedΒ giant was called seems to me like a destruction aesthetic, so my bets are on this being a destruction tome)

Β 

• Like 2

I could see SoB go any way, really. A multi-alliance army would be something new but at the same time it makes me feel a deep worry that instead of a full army comparable to Knights in 40K, it'll be some minor mercenary force requiring you to field another army to use. I want an army of Gargants!

However, if GW is their traditionalist selves I could see @Kramer being correct. That would undoubtedly lead to much groaning by those who feel (rightly so!) Destruction is the odd allegiance out and I am unsure whether "intelligence" and "destruction" can be reconciled, even if I'd love tragic intelligent Gargants reduced to alcoholism.

Β 

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Β 

However, if GW is their traditionalist selves I could see @Kramer being correct. That would undoubtedly lead to much groaning by those who feel (rightly so!) Destruction is the odd allegiance out and I am unsure whether "intelligence" and "destruction" can be reconciled, even if I'd love tragic intelligent Gargants reduced to alcoholism.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I’ll have you know that destruction also includes goblins and orks.Β 

These very factions once included Gorbad ironclaw. A massive ork known not for his strength (which he had plenty of) but for his tactics and ability to lead orks and goblins as a functional army (that’s right, an army, not a horde)Β that would put the empires old generals to shame.

they included Skarsnik, a goblin who would outwit dwarves and skaven many many times during his time. His old rules reflected his intelligence and use of tricks and traps to win over brawn.

we also have gitilla the hunter, who outwitted the order of the hammer by making them underestimate his goblins

Β 

destruction is notΒ team stupid.Β they have many legendary characters from the world that was that were able to outdo the other races in guile and cunning. I know destruction is definitely the most relaxed and comedic of the alliances, and many dumb brutes are counted among their number, but they do have intelligent leaders at least in fantasy battles, and I hope they give us more like the above heroes of legend. Β 

This rantΒ is fueled by my pent up aggression from losing my ork and goblins armies when archaon decided to split open the planet, I’ll go back to painting my chaos now Β :(Β 

Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

destruction is notΒ team stupid.Β they have many legendary characters from the world that was that were able to outdo the other races in guile and cunning. I know destruction is definitely the most relaxed and comedic of the alliances, and many dumb brutes are counted among their number, but they do have intelligent leaders at least in fantasy battles, and I hope they give us more like the above heroes of legend. Β 

This rantΒ is fueled by my pent up aggression from losing my ork and goblins armies when archaon decided to split open the planet, I’ll go back to painting my chaos now Β :(

It's okay, I understand - I lost my Bretonnians and my brother had a huge collection of Tomb Kings. GW giveth ad GW taketh etc etc etc.

It's true there has been a lot of cunning in Destruction - and still is! But I was maybe thinking more on wisdom. Not that I expect any Aleguzzler to start quoting philosophy, but I took both Kramer's mention of intelligent giants and my own hopes and dreams to be about a wise race fallen into obscurity (such as the old WHFB lore was!). That would make our current Aleguzzlers tragic creatures - instead of being just 'kunnin' and capable to use intelligence to kill better, they would be descendants of a proud race and now drown their sorrows in the nearest bottle barrel silo of ale. Feeling intense shame and regret while they try to chase that new high to distract themselves from the unquestionable truth that the Good Old Times will never return.

Now, will that happen? No. Most likely we'll just get 'Aleguzzlers, but bigger and meaner'. Which I am okay with, mind you, because I just want big models to paint with my poor eyesight. And then, hopefully to field.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kramer said:

#NostradamusOfHysh

Honestly I feel that if Sons of Behemat are Alligned with Order that would be a kick in the teeth to Destruction. An army of Gargants is as destructiony as you can get. Order has the most Factions and Models, give Destruction some love.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly I feel that if Sons of Behemat are Alligned with Order that would be a kick in the teeth to Destruction. An army of Gargants is as destructiony as you can get. Order has the most Factions and Models, give Destruction some love.

I feel the same way 1000%, and that's as someone who actually plays Order. We've already got a new and presumably large army coming this year to add to our already bloated range. Destruction is by far the most maligned GA in terms of releases, and Giants have always been an orc & goblin/ogre thing. It'd be such a travesty for it to get shuffled off to Order.

Not that I think it'll happen, the gargant kit isn't going away and it's got old WHFB monster feel including a human cage and a fleeing Empire dude. Too monstrous for Order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

It's okay, I understand - I lost my Bretonnians and my brother had a huge collection of Tomb Kings. GW giveth ad GW taketh etc etc etc.

It's true there has been a lot of cunning in Destruction - and still is! But I was maybe thinking more on wisdom. Not that I expect any Aleguzzler to start quoting philosophy, but I took both Kramer's mention of intelligent giants and my own hopes and dreams to be about a wise race fallen into obscurity (such as the old WHFB lore was!). That would make our current Aleguzzlers tragic creatures - instead of being just 'kunnin' and capable to use intelligence to kill better, they would be descendants of a proud race and now drown their sorrows in the nearest bottle barrel silo of ale. Feeling intense shame and regret while they try to chase that new high to distract themselves from the unquestionable truth that the Good Old Times will never return.

Now, will that happen? No. Most likely we'll just get 'Aleguzzlers, but bigger and meaner'. Which I am okay with, mind you, because I just want big models to paint with my poor eyesight. And then, hopefully to field.

After hearing your vision of giants I might just need to join team order on this one! However perhaps we can have tragic giants without making them order. I think the coolest way to do giants is as a multi alliance army! Definitely would be a cool thing to introduce, and what better way to start then with the model that’s been part of multiple armies since foreverΒ 

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kramer said:

It would mean a massive retcon if so.Β  The Celestant PrimeΒ murdered Behemat, and Sigmar murdered his father.Β  I don't see it personally.

Β 

• Like 1

I think it will be Destruction. Not just because i love Destruction and have to have everything from that Alliance :)

No i think it will be Destruction, because they brought Ossiarch Bonereapers for DEATH and now the pointy Elves for ORDER, so next in Line would be DESTRUCTION or CHAOS.Β 
And even the Gargant we have today can be buidl and played as Aleguzzler or Chaos Gargant, i don't feel the Vibe of a Chaos Sons of Behemath Army.Β  But i have to give credit to the good Guy "TheadTheOgorSlayer"Β Β for his input of in Faction fighting within Chaos.Β 

Β 

DESTRUCTION FOR LIFE ! ❀️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, DestructionKev said:

I think it will be Destruction. Not just because i love Destruction and have to have everything from that Alliance :)

No i think it will be Destruction, because they brought Ossiarch Bonereapers for DEATH and now the pointy Elves for ORDER, so next in Line would be DESTRUCTION or CHAOS.Β 
And even the Gargant we have today can be buidl and played as Aleguzzler or Chaos Gargant, i don't feel the Vibe of a Chaos Sons of Behemath Army.Β  But i have to give credit to the good Guy "TheadTheOgorSlayer"Β Β for his input of in Faction fighting within Chaos.Β 

Β 

DESTRUCTION FOR LIFE ! ❀️ 

Thank you so much for this!Β 

Frankly, I cannot understand all the "gargants will be order!" stuff. Order already has way more armies than they need, and they just had a big reveal. Plus, Destruction is discriminated against by GW lol. We need more love! ❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️

Β 

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 3:56 PM, Eevika said:

66% of books in a grand allegiance being weaker than 50% winrate is a trend I would say. Gitz is a competitive book when you play 160 Stabbas and 600 points of endless spells. The book has no sub allegiances, mount traits, extremely restrictive terrain, and an incredibly rng allegiance ability. It has one of the if not the best model range is AoS and great fluff but is it a great competitive book? No. 90% of units are not a competitively viable choice.Β 

Yebbut massive huge as tall as archaon giants..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gareth πŸ„ said:

Bonegrinder gargant size or bigger?

Β 

The bone grinder is way taller than arky,- lets leave out the wings to make the model seem taller.

Β I’d imagine these guts as imperial knight size, otherwise what is there to separate them from the regular gargant model- which was fine before everything started to grow in scale.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

The bone grinder is way taller than arky,- lets leave out the wings to make the model seem taller.

Β I’d imagine these guts as imperial knight size, otherwise what is there to separate them from the regular gargant model- which was fine before everything started to grow in scale.

If this isn’t battletome: fantasy imperial knights I’ll be very disappointed.Β 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Similar size as Mantic's giant perhaps:

IMG_0321.JPG

http://thehobbyheroes.blogspot.com/2018/11/mantic-games-giant-review.html

Edited by Gareth πŸ„
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2