Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Fantastic, just had to check as the cover art is the same as the Fantasy boxed set. I'll definitely be grabbing the 3 for £80, thanks for the heads up mate!!

Dunno why they don't update the picture ^^ But all giants are packaged like this now unless you find a historic left over big boy from fantasy days.
It's a cracking deal, at buy 2 get one free :P 

giants.png

• LOVE IT! 1

This may have been discussed earlier, but I was wondering what you knowledgeable people think. From the short blurb about King Brodd:

"The stony artefact was a part of the old Behematian Temple that once crested Tor Crania, a monolithic structure toppled by cyclopean mutants long ago. Once his swamp-dwelling gargants have gathered in numbers enough to take revenge, Brodd intends to see the temple to his titanic father rebuilt, its mortar the ground bones of the same beastmen that dared tear it down."

I'm not sure if this is necessarily canon moving forward, but it seems as if the cyclopean cygors are being positioned lore wise as a natural enemies to gargants. Considering this, does it seem inaccurate to sculpt a gargant with a cyclops eye from a lore perspective? What do you fine people think?

Edited by EasyArmy

28 minutes ago, EasyArmy said:

This may have been discussed earlier, but I was wondering what you knowledgeable people think. From the short blurb about King Brodd:

"The stony artefact was a part of the old Behematian Temple that once crested Tor Crania, a monolithic structure toppled by cyclopean mutants long ago. Once his swamp-dwelling gargants have gathered in numbers enough to take revenge, Brodd intends to see the temple to his titanic father rebuilt, its mortar the ground bones of the same beastmen that dared tear it down."

I'm not sure if this is necessarily canon moving forward, but it seems as if the cyclopean cygors are being positioned lore wise as a natural enemies to gargants. Considering this, does it seem inaccurate to sculpt a gargant with a cyclops eye from a lore perspective? What do you fine people think?

We will have to see what the new Battletome states but otherwise yes I would say that he Sons do have a bone to pick with the Beasts of Chaos and Cygors in particular. Though a Cyclopean Gargant wouldnt be out of the question at all, a Mega Gargant is still fundamentally different from a Cygor.

• Like 1

Hi,

Do we know if Bonegrinder Gargant is part of "Sons of Behemat" army? I only find in article "The Sons of Behemat are a brand-new army for Warhammer Age of Sigmar, made up entirely of gargants. The classic Aleguzzler Gargant and three Mega-gargant variants[...]" and nothing about this giant :/ Did they said anything on stream regarding this model? 

3 hours ago, Frodos said:

Hi,

Do we know if Bonegrinder Gargant is part of "Sons of Behemat" army? I only find in article "The Sons of Behemat are a brand-new army for Warhammer Age of Sigmar, made up entirely of gargants. The classic Aleguzzler Gargant and three Mega-gargant variants[...]" and nothing about this giant :/ Did they said anything on stream regarding this model? 

They havent mentioned it yet but honestly I would be shocked if he wasnt. Seeing as their is only 2 kits for the Sons, a 3rd from Forgeworld that is already in production is a very safe bet.

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

They havent mentioned it yet but honestly I would be shocked if he wasnt. Seeing as their is only 2 kits for the Sons, a 3rd from Forgeworld that is already in production is a very safe bet.

Indeed, no mention yet. But it did get taken out of the Gloomspite gitz category on FW and moved to "Monsters" so maybe a keyword change eventually when it drops ^^' If not i'd just use him as a variant mega-gargant anyway.

6 hours ago, Frodos said:

Hi,

I'm sure that the Bonegrinder is part of Sons of Behemath. 

54 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

Indeed, no mention yet. But it did get taken out of the Gloomspite gitz category on FW and moved to "Monsters" so maybe a keyword change eventually when it drops ^^' If not i'd just use him as a variant mega-gargant anyway.

Exactly a perfect proxy if need be.

So obviously we have no idea yet about stats for the mega gargant, but seeing as speculation is fun what are people thinking wounds/save/points wise? Personally I'm hoping for 24 ish wounds on a 4+ at around the 520 point mark as that way youd get three gargant at current point level and one mega gargant in 1000 points. 

Maybe even see gargants go to 140

52 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

So obviously we have no idea yet about stats for the mega gargant, but seeing as speculation is fun what are people thinking wounds/save/points wise? Personally I'm hoping for 24 ish wounds on a 4+ at around the 520 point mark as that way youd get three gargant at current point level and one mega gargant in 1000 points. 

I think 24 wounds would be the greatest number for a model other than unique characters. What do you imagine the attack profile looking like?

1 hour ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

Bonegrinder has 20 wounds and the Aleguzzler 12, so maybe 18? Though 24 would make sense as he is far more solid than a Bonegrinder. 4+ save would definitely make sense.

I'm guessing 24 as the top bracket as he looks easily twice the size (and more thank twice the bulk) of the normal gargant. 

The bonegrinder will be in a strange space I feel as hes a different animal entirely in terms of game design. Hes insanely tall but very gangly, doesn't need to charge as he simply steps 6" as a pile in etc 

I do see him getting the key word sons of behemat but not being in the same role of the new mega gargants who I see being slower and tougher.

37 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

I'm guessing 24 as the top bracket as he looks easily twice the size (and more thank twice the bulk) of the normal gargant. 

The bonegrinder will be in a strange space I feel as hes a different animal entirely in terms of game design. Hes insanely tall but very gangly, doesn't need to charge as he simply steps 6" as a pile in etc 

I do see him getting the key word sons of behemat but not being in the same role of the new mega gargants who I see being slower and tougher.

Yeah hell definitely get the keyword but I feel that the focus will be on the Megas and Aleguzzlers and the Bonegrinder will probably have very little to do with the Sons core lore as perhaps theyll be referred to as a distant cousin or simply a wanderer.

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah hell definitely get the keyword but I feel that the focus will be on the Megas and Aleguzzlers and the Bonegrinder will probably have very little to do with the Sons core lore as perhaps theyll be referred to as a distant cousin or simply a wanderer.

I agree. The book will focus massively on the two base gagarnt types. Also if you've read court of the blind king then you get some chaos gargant action (limited but there) and hopefully it will flesh that side out too with how they might fall to the powers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

I agree. The book will focus massively on the two base gagarnt types. Also if you've read court of the blind king then you get some chaos gargant action (limited but there) and hopefully it will flesh that side out too with how they might fall to the powers

I have a feeling that GW will do what they did with the Imperial Knights in 40K for the Sons of Behemat in AOS. Meaning in a year or so we may get a Chaos Mega Gargant kit like they did with the Chaos Knight.

12 minutes ago, Dejnar said:

Im very sure Bonegrinder will be part. 

The post I attached hopefully "confirms" that. The link posted leads to The Bonegrinder on FW. Obviously I bought one. 😀

Screenshot_20200628-120807_Facebook.jpg

Oh yes he will definitely be a part of the Sons of Behemat.

I'm not quite sure what to put the giants at stat wise, especially with the different variants. 
Aleguzzlers, possibly to go down maybe 10-20 points if unchanged? They aint great at the moment, but may get an overhaul and addition of rules may make them worth their current points.
I think we'll look at 22-28 wounds depending on variant with a 3/4+ and looking at 450-550points 
IF we get a certain named boy, i'm thinking 800+ points with 30+ wounds, with a special rule to make mega's battleline.

Things I believe/hope will be our faction wide rules (Not sub-faction, if we have any at all!)

Aleguzzlers count as 5 models for the purpose of objective scoring. 
Mega-gargant variants/Bone-grinder count as 10

When a giant dies, inflict d3 mortal wounds to all enemy units within 3" for Aleguzzlers or 1d6 within 6" for Megagargants

Thick flesh- reduce the rend of all weapons targeting Sons of Behemat by 1 also reduce damage of attacks by 1 (To a minimum of 1) 

We can hope! :D 

Edited by Moogypies

First official bit of Sons news any is better then none!

Although we really already knew it, we can ally with everyone but have better alleigance benefits with Destruction Factions. (This is 3 player mode/doubles rule, not standard matched play, but may give clues as to our allies anyway ;) )

image.png

Edited by Moogypies
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

First official bit of Sons news any is better then none!

Although we really already knew it, we can ally with everyone but have better alleigance benefits with Destruction Factions. (This is 3 player mode/doubles rule, not standard matched play, but may give clues as to our allies anyway ;) )

image.png

Look at my boys in an official book!!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

My next two Aleguzzlers themed after armies/realms.

Here we have a old beardy wizard giant (Just in case we get wizards!) Sylan Dawnbreaker from the realm of light.

The Giant from the realm of metal- Kurden Cloudstomper
And the silliest idea yet, it started off completely different, ended up in the bin once in stubborness, then made its way back out to see him through, the more it went on the more I loved the stupidity of it.

This takes me to 10 aleguzzlers fully painted/converted and with only 1 more to go till all the realms are done 1f642.png

20200630_122046.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 6/30/2020 at 11:21 AM, Moogypies said:

Does this theoretically mean they would have been out by now?

If so, we may get to see our "updated" point costs in the relevant section at the end if we're lucky :P 

I firmly believe that the Sons were supposed to come out beginning of June.

On 6/30/2020 at 12:33 PM, Moogypies said:

My next two Aleguzzlers themed after armies/realms.

Here we have a old beardy wizard giant (Just in case we get wizards!) Sylan Dawnbreaker from the realm of light.

The Giant from the realm of metal- Kurden Cloudstomper
And the silliest idea yet, it started off completely different, ended up in the bin once in stubborness, then made its way back out to see him through, the more it went on the more I loved the stupidity of it.

This takes me to 10 aleguzzlers fully painted/converted and with only 1 more to go till all the realms are done 1f642.png

20200630_122046.jpg

These just get more incredible mate. The Chamon Gargant is giving me massive Dr Robotnik vibes!!

I agree with @KingBrodd that they were most likely to released in june ahead of new 40k.  And as others have said as it's such a small (chuckle) release it could well be slotted in between 40k releases so we dont have to wait too long. 

On that note however, am I the only one being looked at funny in thier local gaming sphere for not wanting the new 40k box and instead saving for more gargants?