Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

2 hours ago, Eevika said:

Its a destruction army so most likely fluffy and bad. Allegiance ability "drunk" in your hero phase roll a dice for each friendly unit and on a 1 they cant move as they are too drunk. 

I’m honestly a little baffled by this.  All the destruction battletomes are comfortably in the 40-60% win rate range.  Mawtribes are the lowest, but they have had some success lately that should ratchet up the numbers (plus the latest numbers are from shortly after the tome came out).  Heck, Big Waagh! Is at 60%, behind only OBR, Slaanesh and Daughters.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

I’m honestly a little baffled by this.  All the destruction battletomes are comfortably in the 40-60% win rate range.  Mawtribes are the lowest, but they have had some success lately that should ratchet up the numbers (plus the latest numbers are from shortly after the tome came out).  Heck, Big Waagh! Is at 60%, behind only OBR, Slaanesh and Daughters.

66% of books in a grand allegiance being weaker than 50% winrate is a trend I would say. Gitz is a competitive book when you play 160 Stabbas and 600 points of endless spells. The book has no sub allegiances, mount traits, extremely restrictive terrain, and an incredibly rng allegiance ability. It has one of the if not the best model range is AoS and great fluff but is it a great competitive book? No. 90% of units are not a competitively viable choice. 

4 minutes ago, Eevika said:

66% of books in a grand allegiance being weaker than 50% winrate is a trend I would say. Gitz is a competitive book when you play 160 Stabbas and 600 points of endless spells. The book has no sub allegiances, mount traits, extremely restrictive terrain, and an incredibly rng allegiance ability. It has one of the if not the best model range is AoS and great fluff but is it a great competitive book? No. 90% of units are not a competitively viable choice. 

I’m not going to belabor the point, but an army doesn’t have to be at or above 50% to be good or competitive.  Gitz in particular also have high representation in the present meta, which has a tendency to skew win rates lower (look at stormcast).  By your metric Cities are a bad and uncompetitive army.

I can’t speak for the other Gitz specific stuff, since my only experience with them was briefly playing a troggoth army that was fun but absolutely not competitive.  I do say that I actually kind of liked the lack of sub factions.  Not being locked into traits and artifacts means you have the glorious Mangler Loonboss with the trait that lets you bounce out of combat after you attack.  Man that thing is hilariously frustrating.

I will say that ultimately I think that Gitz are probably a little less competitive than Mawtribes or Warclans, especially because they seem to suffer against the glass cannon bogeymen like Slaanesh pretty badly, and I’ve seen Skaven armies blast whole swathes of grots off the board.  

I guess all I’m trying to say is try and have some hope, and at the very least we will (probably) get something fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eevika said:

66% of books in a grand allegiance being weaker than 50% winrate is a trend I would say.

I feel like using statistics this way I could make literally any argument I wanted and it would still count as 'evidence'. 

I'm not even sure by this metric Destruction ends up as the 'worst' GA lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

Possible battalions would be an interesting thought. It couldn't be possible to just go "there you go, one battalion for a one drop army, go have fun"

Battalion for characters.

Battalion for little/normal giants.

Battalion for big/new giants.

Mega battalion with all 3.

Shaman giants, artillery that’s just rifles to the big uns, giant chariots would be a hilariously large centrepiece, and giant heroes could be the most devastating on foot heroes ever!

oh boy as soon as I heard this on a podcast I needed to take a look! I’m glad the leak is real!

what does everyone want as allegiance abilities? If it’s pure giants I want the ogor rule for objectives, maybe something with these lines: a drunken giant is a loud and terrifying foe to take from, models in this army count as “blank” models for seeing who controls objectives

I’d want drunken stagggering to be buffed to a weaker penalty, and the ability to drink in battle for buffs! Maybe our battle line giants get a brew that make sense them count as more models for objectives do to their constant drunken acts discouraging other units to control the objective. We could have Berzerker giants who have a special brew to attack twice once per game! 

Or instead of different kinds of brew, have a table that you roll on to see what kind of grog they stole!

dwarven ale: increase in bravery and fnp 

elven spirits: become faster! Run and charge? Seems weak compared to the other kinds of brew I made up... maybe this one could instead be “sober” plus 1 to hit and you aren’t effected by drunken staggerness, also you can run and charge (to represent a group of sober giants desperately trying to steal more grog!)

human beer: count as double the amount of models or maybe objective secured to make it more powerful

fungoid ale: makes you crazy... maybe always strikes first? The imagery of a a bunch of giants making ale from the same mushrooms fanatics eat sounds HILARIOUS

trollbrain grog: I’m unsure if any alcohol is made with meat... but a regen beer sounds like a cool option!

ogor ale: makes your attacks better and mortals on the charge maybe? 

We could have command traits that effect the table!

one lets you choose instead of roll!

one let’s you change mid battle!

one let’s you ignore drunken staggerness!

Maybe a shaman giant could have an ability that allows a unit to ignore the drunken staggerness!

we could even get a way to make our damage when we fall over become massive to the point where it’s better to fall over then to fight! Could be a hilarious army! 

Id also expect a command ability on the leader to ignore a drunken stagger, or maybe to auto win the roll to decide where the giant falls

i also want rules for breaking terrain! And throwing rocks when near terrain etc... would also be cool if we got different maneuvers akin to the old rules where giants did random things during a fight. 

One could be : jumps up and down, minus 1 to hit in combat. I’m sure the other results could be made into more maneuvers to represent the wacky way giants fight! I’ll look at my old orks and goblins fantasy battles rule book for ideas

i also want a super eater leader! Like make the leader able to gobble up whole heroes no issue. Could be a trait that makes him auto eat a 6 wound model every combat. That way only big heroes could face him! 

• Like 1

With the new aelves finally revealed and Seraphon confirmed to still exist, will Sons of Behemat be our next army of which we speculate about until the reveal which will cause an outcry because the new army doesn't match the extreme hype and overblown expectations?

(The new aelves were great, btw, and so will the gargants undoubtedly be too)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

With the new aelves finally revealed and Seraphon confirmed to still exist, will Sons of Behemat be our next army of which we speculate about until the reveal which will cause an outcry because the new army doesn't match the extreme hype and overblown expectations?

(The new aelves were great, btw, and so will the gargants undoubtedly be too)

Probably... Though I'm kinda glad in a way we didn't get the Sons revealed at LVO since that means they may be a bigger release and GW didn't want to showcase two large AoS releases together. Gives me more time to get caught up on other projects regardless.

44 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Probably... Though I'm kinda glad in a way we didn't get the Sons revealed at LVO since that means they may be a bigger release and GW didn't want to showcase two large AoS releases together. Gives me more time to get caught up on other projects regardless.

True, but now I have to choose whether to get some Lumineth or wait for gargants! I hope we get a proper teaser of them before the full release of Lumineth Realm-lords, just so I can budget properly.

9 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

From the Godbeasts book:

83868632_2232800923690072_8453813940084801536_o.jpg.5e989416bfa84a6fde32e0a477fea25f.jpg

"Wherever he goes, Brodd carries a huge granite pillar - both his symbol of rulership and his weapon in times of war"

Could this rumour engine pic be from a King Brodd miniature?

rumor-engine-11-19-2019.jpg.50aef89521516edb55f4d14c2f0b8cff.jpg

I've been of the opinion that this rumour engine looks like a modified temple pillar because it reminds of  Greco-Roman Columns.

This makes me sure of it. I guess we can start debating which column 'order' Games Workshop will use as inspiration for Behematian temples, hahah!

• Thanks 1