Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

3 hours ago, Grimm50 said:

Unless I am mistaken because my English is not great.

He talks about playing the current kit in three versions.

So I think of the Aleguzzler Gargant, Chaos Gargant, ... An idea for the third version?

I think they'll add new versions for the Sons of Behemat army.

Probably the Aleguzzler and two other ones. Where a chaos gargant is any gargant that's aligned with the ruinous forces, and not a specific unit within the Sons of Behemat army.

Edited by Warfiend
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Paladin of Khorne said:

I personally am looking forward to the undead conversions people come up with for this kit. 

Definitely! And there’s a couple of Gargants skulls knocking round in kits to make a head. Could be a partially exposed skull to make it particularly zombie like. The Kraken Eater might work well thematically with this -  a huge rotting hulk rising out of the bay to terrorise the coast! Think the undead seamen in The Fog!

• Like 2

I'm kinda mixed on the reveal overall, I think making them a Gold faction was a pretty smart move. The new kit actually beats my expectations and is a must buy for me. However, I'm iffy on an actual Sons of Behemat army. The different builds are all very good but have the same legs and torsos and you can really tell they're all from the same kit. A complete non-issue if you only get one to ally into an army but if you're building an army out of 4 to 6 of these dudes its going to get noticeable. Its basically the Fyreslayer problem but on a smaller scale.  I know the old kit is in the army but its going to increase your army size due to them almost certainly being cheaper and is then still only 2 kits. 

36 minutes ago, Percivael said:

Definitely! And there’s a couple of Gargants skulls knocking round in kits to make a head. Could be a partially exposed skull to make it particularly zombie like. The Kraken Eater might work well thematically with this -  a huge rotting hulk rising out of the bay to terrorise the coast! Think the undead seamen in The Fog!

Ever since the Ossiarch Bone Mortisan appeared on that skull I knew it had to be in relation to the size of the now announced Mega Gargants. I cannot wait to see what people do with this kit down the line.

• Like 1

All I want next is a revamp of the bonegrinder, unless I’m wrong he is still taller then our three new friends so it’s gonna be super weird if he gets whooped by them. He could be made into a much scarier monster.

i would also not be surprised if instead they simply removed him lmao, forgeworld has done it before to other kits...

but my dream, my impossible wish, would be a newer forgeworld kit that is in line with current sons of behemat aesthetics that is 800 or so points. Now that’s something I could sell my kidney for! 

1 hour ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

All I want next is a revamp of the bonegrinder, unless I’m wrong he is still taller then our three new friends so it’s gonna be super weird if he gets whooped by them. He could be made into a much scarier monster.

i would also not be surprised if instead they simply removed him lmao, forgeworld has done it before to other kits...

but my dream, my impossible wish, would be a newer forgeworld kit that is in line with current sons of behemat aesthetics that is 800 or so points. Now that’s something I could sell my kidney for! 

I think theyll keep the kit and revisit at a later date to perhaps update the range in the next few years as that would be the easiest way to go about doing it.

I also wouldnt be suprised though if in a year or so they release a King Brodd/Leader/Bonegrinder plastic kit. It could easily be done if they implement Warscrolls for a Leader model in the Battletome that you simply designate a model for. 

That way they can introduce a Character model for the Sons who could also be built as a Bonegrinder or standard Leader which would be bring the kits up to 2 with a possible 6 build options.

1 hour ago, Dankboss said:

I did a little eye-balling to see how it compares. Not properly measured, but this seems roughly correct.

vhlDO0p.png

This looks pretty spot on actually.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

The revealed Mega-gargants all seem to me like they'll be heroes. After all what would the generic hero version be of gargants that were specifically named in the trailer, and that are already Archaon sized? And if these are heroes, would that mean Aleguzzlers are the only battleline option? That would be boring as ****** and also really restrict list building, which led me to this hot take: Sons will have no battleline requirements, or their heroes will somehow count as battleline. That way you'll truly have an army of very big bois. 

8 hours ago, Grimm50 said:

The bonegrinder forge world is 400 pts. I can't see the new giants that are smaller than him being more expensive in points. The new giants should be the size of those of Mantic. Finally I can be wrong.

It is super easy for them to change the point values and warscroll of the bonegrinder to make sense.  

I bet 300-400 points is about right for the new model. 

1 hour ago, Alfcam said:

The revealed Mega-gargants all seem to me like they'll be heroes. After all what would the generic hero version be of gargants that were specifically named in the trailer, and that are already Archaon sized? And if these are heroes, would that mean Aleguzzlers are the only battleline option? That would be boring as ****** and also really restrict list building, which led me to this hot take: Sons will have no battleline requirements, or their heroes will somehow count as battleline. That way you'll truly have an army of very big bois. 

It’s not really a hot take when all it does is make them imperial knights AOS tbh

i thought this is just what we assumed would happen? All 3 big bois able to lead with our “armigers” running around for numbers. If aleguzzlers are our only battleline then we only need 3 and could still run around 3 big dudes (depending on pts)  so no biggy or lack of variety, but really I assume we will just be imperial knights fantasy. 

We also have no idea if mega giants have multiple load outs per type (seems not likely but not entirely far fetched either) 

4 hours ago, sorokyl said:

It is super easy for them to change the point values and warscroll of the bonegrinder to make sense.  

I bet 300-400 points is about right for the new model. 

Plus, if they’re allies, you couldn’t take them in a 2,000 point list if they’re more than 400 points right (unless their specific rules say otherwise that is)?

I’m really hoping there is a little bit more to it than what has been shown. 

if the rules are not really good for the SoB then probably just add one to my gitz! Already quite worried about the rules they will have if every army can get them as that reduces the design space massively...

So these two havent been revealed and both look decently gianty esp the shield made from shields. I'm hoping for a unique character

2019-09-23.jpg2020-01-14.jpg

Have there been any new armies without one unique named character? The last one I can think of is beastmen

I'm a bit disappointed that the Gargants now become "allies for all", but I understand the motives to do it... 

By the way, I'm going to talk about the FW models. We aren't going to receive new FW models for AoS, the studio is dedicated to other things, and they only sell the models designed before the WF/AoS & W40k team was closed.

Other point is that I don't expect they move the Bonegrinder to the battletome, I think that the Bonegrinder will be a ForgeWorld model forever... It's a business vision, if they made a plastic cheaper version, the FW models will be devaluated because "Why will i buy this this model if they will make a better version in plastic in a future?".

The only think I expect is they update the Warscroll of the Bonegrinder and the Aleguzzer, they changed very little when Gloomspite were launched and I hope they update both models to the actual state of the game.

Edited by Nezzhil

im hoping  for a mega gargant wizard and gargant endless spells. that would turn this army into the most hyped release for me. I dont know how you could make a terrain piece work for this army though. maybe like a cage or pen filled with helpless villagers that the gargants could use to heal from. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SaJeel said:

So these two havent been revealed and both look decently gianty esp the shield made from shields. I'm hoping for a unique character

Have there been any new armies without one unique named character? The last one I can think of is beastmen

I think the shield is Ogor related. It has the same design language as the shields you get in the Stonehorn kit and while just big enough to work on Ironjawz as scrap shields, I can't see it being big enough for the new gargants, unless it's part of the armour covering a larger gargant. 

2 hours ago, SaJeel said:

There is a chance they could be from a King Brodd/Leader kit. I think they will either announce this kit just before release or will otherwise have the Warscrolls for King Brodd/Leader in the Battletome and you just designate a model and next year they will release the kit to update the range.

26 minutes ago, clamo said:

im hoping  for a mega gargant wizard and gargant endless spells. that would turn this army into the most hyped release for me. I dont know how you could make a terrain piece work for this army though. maybe like a cage or pen filled with helpless villagers that the gargants could use to heal from. 

The cage with Villagers is a nice touch, I always liked the idea of a Mammoth being the Scenery piece. It moves and provides healing/ammo for the Gargants as well as being able to attack the enemy. It would be a High Wounds low saves model.

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I think that the Bonegrinder will be a ForgeWorld model forever... It's a business vision, if they made a plastic cheaper version, the FW models will be devaluated because "Why will i buy this this model if they will make a better version in plastic in a future?".

I genuinely can't imagine why anyone would buy the Bonegrinder from this point on, Forgeworld or Citadel. It's an awkward, gangly, monkey-faced trash fire that looks like it was sculpted by a child when it's standing next to that amazing mega-gargant kit.

I've no doubt it's someone's aesthetic, but I just can't imagine putting them on the same table.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

I genuinely can't imagine why anyone would buy the Bonegrinder from this point on, Forgeworld or Citadel. It's an awkward, gangly, monkey-faced trash fire that looks like it was sculpted by a child when it's standing next to that amazing mega-gargant kit.

I've no doubt it's someone's aesthetic, but I just can't imagine putting them on the same table.

Uh... yeah.... he’s so ugly lol... 😭

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

In my mind forgeworld is largely irrelevant, be it for AoS or 40k. Don't care what models they do or do not make, whether they have rules, whatever. I don't want overpriced boutique resin with unreliable rules.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kadeton said:

I was definitely thinking of picking one up at some point but after feasting my eyes upon the Mega Gargants, their design quality doesnt compare and I dont think I'll grab one in the end. 

I've still got my fingers crossed for a King Brodd/Leader kit for next year with a 3rd option for a Bonegrinder or whichever name they decide to go for. Village Smasher? Town Crusher? Titan?

2 kits 6 build options seems perfect.

Edited by KingBrodd

2 hours ago, 123lac said:

In my mind forgeworld is largely irrelevant, be it for AoS or 40k. Don't care what models they do or do not make, whether they have rules, whatever. I don't want overpriced boutique resin with unreliable rules.

There’s one AoS model that I see as relevant, the rogue idol, the only thing that’s a big useful threat as it can get buffer by both Bonesplittaz and Ironjawz makes it grossly overpowered 

1 hour ago, SaJeel said:

Random speculation time, how do you think the aleguzzler will change, im thinking that the rules for a horned one will be drastically different

If I were to rewrite the Drunken Stagger rule it would go like this:

If the unmodified charge roll for this model is a double,  this model must charge up to 8". In addition, after this model has moved, select 1 unit within 1" of this model; it suffers d6 mortal wounds. This model can then not attack in the following combat phase.

Now I'd just remove any negative to its charge personally, but if it had to stay I'd like to see something like this where it still retains utility; that being, you can guarantee that it can be used to pin a target, and then also do MWs in exchange for it not attacking. In some circumstance this would actually be preferred. Basically, it starts running and loses its footing, barreling into the enemy and falling over, instead of just dropping on the spot.