Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

8 hours ago, Death1942 said:

If they update giants for destruction I really hope they update it for chaos as well.Β  A minor tweak to the warscroll could do wonders to see them being taken again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were only for Destruction due to the lore behind Behemat's death and all that.Β 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

If they go full Imperial Knights (a 2k army with 4-6 models), they will need a 3+. Β And a save after the save. Β And a pile of wounds. Β And a lot of attacks.

Sounds like stonehorns. Hopefully they differentiate the two. Keep a lot of the cool grabby stuff that let giants kill unit leaders (good against mortek guard I'd imagine), dial down the drunken falling over to only happening on a double 1 or something.

Honestly, I hope they completely reimagine gargants for this army. Β Keep the β€œf that one guy in particular” attack (will be helpful for a low model count army to clear screens that are spread too far), but ditch the drunken stumbling stuff. Β Say that the solo giants in other armies are the rejects or something. Β 
Β 

Some humor is good (and let’s be honest, if it’s destruction there will be some goofy antics), but I want these guys to be terrifying.

• Like 3

So what do we know of Behemet? I know some have speculated that they are going the imperial knight route and having an army with just a few big models. But.... could there be other spawn of Behemet? A lesser giant race? Firbolgs, firmirs, formorians, or some other mythological race? Or different giant flavors, earth, stone, fire, swamp, etc., with some being perhaps ogor sized.Β An army of just a few models suffers from action economy compared to hordes of lesser models, I can’t imagine the giants going it alone unless they are a mercenary force.

Β 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

Honestly, I hope they completely reimagine gargants for this army. Β Keep the β€œf that one guy in particular” attack (will be helpful for a low model count army to clear screens that are spread too far), but ditch the drunken stumbling stuff. Β Say that the solo giants in other armies are the rejects or something. Β 
Β 

Some humor is good (and let’s be honest, if it’s destruction there will be some goofy antics), but I want these guys to be terrifying.

I'd be happy with that. Aleguzzler Gargants could still be their own drunken thing continuing what solo Giants have been over many editions of Warhammer, but it would be more interesting if the Sons of Behemat Gargants were a bit of a departure from that.

Edited by Gareth πŸ„

22 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

So what do we know of Behemet? I know some have speculated that they are going the imperial knight route and having an army with just a few big models. But.... could there be other spawn of Behemet? A lesser giant race? Firbolgs, firmirs, formorians, or some other mythological race? Or different giant flavors, earth, stone, fire, swamp, etc., with some being perhaps ogor sized.Β An army of just a few models suffers from action economy compared to hordes of lesser models, I can’t imagine the giants going it alone unless they are a mercenary force.

Β 

We basicly know the following. We have the Godbeast Behemat , who was killed in the Scabrous Sprawl. Behemat had a Father called Ymnog who was killed by Sigmar in the Age of Myth.

And we have the article of Aleguzzler Gargants

So basically Behemet and theΒ Β gargants are from Ghyran.Β Behemet was a primal nature god made of living stone.Β Reminds me of Privateer Press Trollbloods or Discworld trolls who were partially made of earth and stone.
Β 

Perhaps we’re going to see an order aligned giant faction from Ghyran?Β 
Β 

Or the sons of Behemet could be entirely different than we expect, like living stone constructs

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

So basically Behemet and theΒ Β gargants are from Ghyran.Β Behemet was a primal nature god made of living stone.Β Reminds me of Privateer Press Trollbloods or Discworld trolls who were partially made of earth and stone.
Β 

Perhaps we’re going to see an order aligned giant faction from Ghyran?Β 
Β 

Or the sons of Behemet could be entirely different than we expect, like living stone constructs

Behemat was basically killed by Sigmar/his dudesΒ to prevent Archaon from corrupting and turning him into a chaos friend.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some kind of hate towards both Order and Chaos, like some warscrolls get to do X depending on faction they are fighting.

• Like 2