Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AoS 2 - Sons of Behemat Discussion


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Emperor of Zhong said:

Update on my extra mega Gargant scenario. My options were buy the extra Gargant at a 20% discount. Ship it back and they will ship me my missing Mancrushers. Or do nothing and keep the incorrect order. Option three saw me get a Mega Gargant for $100.98 US so I went with option three. 

So I ordered my last box of Mancrushers. 

I was sent another Mega Gargant. This is getting out of hand. 

I don’t suppose any of you are in NJ and looking to exchange two Mancrushers for a Mega? Because at this point I’m done trying. 

Edited by Emperor of Zhong
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slowly plodding through to get up to 1k points to try them out.

I've never been the best painter but damn am I proud of this lad.

My tribe is complete! The megas are magnetized and I have a third that I'm planning to convert to be King Brodd once I gather all the bits/motivation. 

Posted Images

Impress of what I can do in one day

F6CB3888-B037-4EC2-A3B0-1F2E3FB8B7C1.jpeg.6748bb0e9851ecf1e1022039dd5a8248.jpeg

got it all assembled and did some basic skin tone on this mad lad 

  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Update. My local GW let me exchange the Mega-Gargant. Finally got my last box of Mancrushers, as well as the added bonus of the warscroll cards, battletome and a new  mold line remover. This has been a journey. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Emperor of Zhong said:

So I ordered my last box of Mancrushers. 

I was sent another Mega Gargant. This is getting out of hand. 

I don’t suppose any of you are in NJ and looking to exchange two Mancrushers for a Mega? Because at this point I’m done trying. 

 

1 hour ago, Emperor of Zhong said:

Final Update. My local GW let me exchange the Mega-Gargant. Finally got my last box of Mancrushers, as well as the added bonus of the warscroll cards, battletome and a new  mold line remover. This has been a journey. 

Mate it's been a wild wild!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

Amazing!! I know the Stomp is central to the Gargants ideals but I think some of those items with the Foot could've been done much better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Amazing!! I know the Stomp is central to the Gargants ideals but I think some of those items with the Foot could've been done much better.

Yup, I might grab a Gatebreaker and Kraken Eater piece they seem okay, tis a shame my phone isn't any models cause the cases look good :)
Gotta rep the gragants at tournies 100%!


Already have a custom Mega-Gargant Hoodie too :D 
20200916_120515.jpg

 

  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

always a good channel. Yes some mistakes on rules and maybe on tactics but still nice to see the giants really putting out the damage. 
 

on the hobby side just working on my bases. One of my favourite parts of big models is using real stones in the basing. Will post pics once done just gluing the stones and sand currently. 
 

also I’m going to adorn my Gargants with pieces of my old Tomb Kings army I guess the real reason they got wiped out was really the rise of the Gargants. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, new SoB player here. Probably this has been discussed but I didn't find it in the thread; The glowy lantern doesn't let you cast endless spells right? You can cast and unbind in the same manner as a WIZARD, so it's not like your kraken-eater  becomes a wizard (and gets that keyword).  While p53 of malign sorcery book says;  If you have an endless spell model and its warscroll, all WIZARDS  in your army know that spell in addition to any other spells they know.

Your thoughts on this (or link to previous discussion)?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bozgum said:

Hi guys, new SoB player here. Probably this has been discussed but I didn't find it in the thread; The glowy lantern doesn't let you cast endless spells right? You can cast and unbind in the same manner as a WIZARD, so it's not like your kraken-eater  becomes a wizard (and gets that keyword).  While p53 of malign sorcery book says;  If you have an endless spell model and its warscroll, all WIZARDS  in your army know that spell in addition to any other spells they know.

Your thoughts on this (or link to previous discussion)?

 

Wait for FAQ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bozgum said:

Hi guys, new SoB player here. Probably this has been discussed but I didn't find it in the thread; The glowy lantern doesn't let you cast endless spells right? You can cast and unbind in the same manner as a WIZARD, so it's not like your kraken-eater  becomes a wizard (and gets that keyword).  While p53 of malign sorcery book says;  If you have an endless spell model and its warscroll, all WIZARDS  in your army know that spell in addition to any other spells they know.

Your thoughts on this (or link to previous discussion)?

 

Been discussed a few times, most people seem to agree RAW it cant. Waiting on FAQ's really, everyone should submit all the questions to the FAQ team to make sure we clear things up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tendeadgods said:

2nd magnetized/slightly converted mega gargant finished i love these models i might get a third😳😁

20201024_053501.jpg

20201024_051652.jpg

20201024_051613.jpg

20201024_050730.jpg

Incredible work mate, love the attacking Eagle!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 7:10 AM, PlasticCraic said:

Yeah for sure. 

My own comments were more in relation to taking "your own" artefacts in someone else's Tribe, which is what I think @Ganigumo was asking about (e.g. can a Warstomper in Takers Tribe use a Warstomper artefact) .  But what you're saying is correct too.

The trait for the Taker Tribe trait that lets you take two artefacts specifically states the Krakeneater list (trophies taken by force) so it's either one Krakeneater with two or two with one each. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stomper Tribe looks pretty solid against alot of armies - Gonna give it a spin next time with WS + 2x3 MC + 3x1 MC.

I just fear it will do little against none horde armies, where as Breaker is pretty much always great. I wonder if this is a result of me and my mates playing AoS “wrong”. We typically make an all-comer list and dont modify it depending on what we face, but rather make a list as if we were going to an event. If I could switch up the Tribe depending on what I faced, I would probably give Stomper more credit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kasper said:

Stomper Tribe looks pretty solid against alot of armies - Gonna give it a spin next time with WS + 2x3 MC + 3x1 MC.

I just fear it will do little against none horde armies, where as Breaker is pretty much always great. I wonder if this is a result of me and my mates playing AoS “wrong”. We typically make an all-comer list and dont modify it depending on what we face, but rather make a list as if we were going to an event. If I could switch up the Tribe depending on what I faced, I would probably give Stomper more credit. 

I don’t think your playing wrongly. I love going to events so always make all comer lists even if I know my opponent ahead of time. 
 

My analysis is similar. Stomper has the most potential power but the 1 big 9 small loses a lot on hero missions and against certain lists has zero buffs beyond the CAs. Breaker which seemed the least popular on preview always gives buffs and is the best at killing heroes. Taker increasing holding amount in actuality will often have little impact apart from single mancrushers holding vs 10+ models. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

I don’t think your playing wrongly. I love going to events so always make all comer lists even if I know my opponent ahead of time. 
 

My analysis is similar. Stomper has the most potential power but the 1 big 9 small loses a lot on hero missions and against certain lists has zero buffs beyond the CAs. Breaker which seemed the least popular on preview always gives buffs and is the best at killing heroes. Taker increasing holding amount in actuality will often have little impact apart from single mancrushers holding vs 10+ models. 

Aye but maybe thats not how AoS is meant to be played? It just seems weird that Stomper is so insanely strong vs horde armies, but kinda ****** if you play against Ironjawz (pigs/MK), Stonehorns etc. Makes me wonder if they intend for you to switch it up depending on what you are gonna fight. 

Stomper looks insane, unless you are unlucky and face an army that doesnt give you any extra output. Big hit or miss.

I dont see Taker being that great. In my 8 games there havent been a time where I thought “damn if only this mega counted for 30 instead of 20”. Model count 20 is more than enough on the big boys and the little guys being 10 is also just fine. The only reason to ever go Taker is the 3D6 kick imo. I have played like 3 games with the Kraken-Eater and the impact on the game hasnt been big. Kicking the objective sounds great on paper, but getting a stinky 4” kick or whatever is just worthless. I dont see KE being worth it outside of Taker tbh.

Breaker is where the gas is at imo. Running 2 GBs means you have significant damage output and it boosts your Mancrushers. The boulders with -3 and 4 damage is no joke when you throw 2 at a time. The flail is also serious damage output. The +1 vs heroes/Wizards (makes it more viable to throw rocks at support heroes) is great if you want to challenge heroes, or the +1 vs command squads/+1 vs 1-4 save is great if you want to focus on removing units. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

has anyone played around with allies at all? i feel like a 2 MG list could squeeze in some fun toys to supplement the big boyz. particularly magic casters or something to prevent a full surround off on the big 'uns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

has anyone played around with allies at all? i feel like a 2 MG list could squeeze in some fun toys to supplement the big boyz. particularly magic casters or something to prevent a full surround off on the big 'uns. 

How do you mean? SoB can’t take allies and other armies can only take one MG.  The only way for two and other units is to play mixed destruction which was briefly mentioned a few pages back. You lose the holding rules but a cheap Skal battalion for chaff two MG with items and then whatever other destruction holding stuff you wanted to add could make for an interesting list. 
 

something like this perhaps? I would probably still just play pure SoB but it maybe a fun switch up kind of a nod back to old mixed destruction. 

CC78107D-A1C6-43D3-B311-53973F447EEF.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused I play chaos does this mean I cannot take a gate breaker gargant and am restricted to the one eyed warstomper?? I wont bother buying a mega if thats the case as prefer kraken or breaker. Many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

I'm confused I play chaos does this mean I cannot take a gate breaker gargant and am restricted to the one eyed warstomper?? I wont bother buying a mega if thats the case as prefer kraken or breaker. Many thanks

Yup, chaos armies can only take a warstomper.

Death can take gatebreakers. And order the kraken eater.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

Yup, chaos armies can only take a warstomper.

Death can take gatebreakers. And order the kraken eater.

Drat seems odd that each alliance can only take one of each type seems restrictive. 

Mayne the different types would be too powerful in different alliances.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...