Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

On 1/23/2020 at 11:43 AM, Pitloze said:

If they have shields then we can expect a 3+ save Gargant maybe. Oof.

The big dwarf ships were not so good in the armor departement. Realism is often secondary in AoS.  To have more pleasant match up vs army with few MW maybe they will give them tons of wound and more average save ? (Except ofc for the faction Petrifex Gargants ;p)

10 hours ago, Intrinsic said:

Very excited for this army! I am hoping the old Aleguzzlers are used for this in some way as I still have 2 unopened Colossal Crushers boxes that I've never gotten around to doing anything with. 

Hopefully they will fulfill battleline and new models for characters?!

On 2/3/2020 at 1:30 AM, Kaleb Daark said:

that mantic giant is a thing of beauty..

The Mantic Giant is quite good.  I am also quite partial to the Heresy Giant - Mucklegeet:

https://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_109&products_id=389

Giants have always been my favorite Warhammer monster and if there is a decent way to build a full giant army then it is a fantastic excuse to buy so many of the great 3rd party giants on the market - in addition to whatever fantastic models GW produces for this force.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RuneBrush changed the title to AoS 2 - Sons of Behemat Discussion
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Bloodgut said:

Fingers crossed there is a Lumineth vs Sons of Behemat set. 

I'd be all about it so long as one of the Gargant kits isnt exclusive. Otherwise I'll have to wait who knows how long to pick it up. At least a Year if they start releasing all the boxed exclusives of the previous year in the next.

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'd be all about it so long as one of the Gargant kits isnt exclusive. Otherwise I'll have to wait who knows how long to pick it up. At least a Year if they start releasing all the boxed exclusives of the previous year in the next.

I forgot about that. If thats the case then no. I can't imagine there being many unit types anyway(here's hoping for plenty of in unit variation though), so there probably won't be a box set.

4 hours ago, Bloodgut said:

I forgot about that. If thats the case then no. I can't imagine there being many unit types anyway(here's hoping for plenty of in unit variation though), so there probably won't be a box set.

I mean there still could be one, just with a unique Lumineth hero and the Sons side is almost like a Start Collecting Box. 

I'm thinking at least 2 new kits much like the Imperial Knights, but I'm hoping for 3. Then a Scenery piece and the Battletome.

12 minutes ago, Nightseer2012 said:

Not going to lie, my favorite rumor/wishlist so far is for a Sons of Behemat vs. Lumineth box.  Since GW seem to be on a battlebox bender lately, i would drop money on one or two of those in a heartbeat.

They've literally just announced a Space Wolves VS Orkz Battle Box. I'd love a Sons/Lumineth box so long as there isnt an exclusive Gargant model.

Hasn't it been fairly consistent that every battle box gets at least one showcase exclusive for each side? That seems to be part of the marketing strategy that underpins the whole idea of those boxes - people will buy the Space Wolves vs Orks box just to get the new Ghazghkull model, for instance.

I guess I'm just saying that hoping for a Behemat v Lumineth box while simultaneously hoping that it doesn't have an exclusive Gargant kit is just setting yourself up for disappointment. The only likely outcomes are either there will be a box with an exclusive Gargant, or there won't be a box at all.