Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

8 minutes ago, PlayerJ said:

Wait a tick what's the mancruncher?

Total speculation: it might be a rebranding of the Aleguzzler.

If what we see in the GHB is what we have, and there are no unlisted warscrolls or battalions, I think it's safe to say Sons will be pretty straightforward to build: at 1k run 1x3 Gargants and your choice of Mega gargant, at 2k run 1x3, 2x3, or 3x3 Gargants with 3, 2, or 1 Mega, respectively.

My hope is that either the standard 3-man unit of gargants follow 40k vehicle squadron rules (deploy together as 1 unit, act separately), or there's some way to fill points. I think it'll be a bit rough at 1k with 2 units totalling to 4 models (1x3+mega), or 3 units/models (2 individuals+mega) down 150 points. At 2k it'll look a bit better, but what looks to be the template really lends itself to a 4-unit list.

Obviously we don't have any real info on how the book gets around this, just spitballing with what we know now.

Edited by TheToastman
  • Like 2

On the maths it looks like you could run one unit of 3 gargants, 2 mega gargants and 3 individual gargants. That way you have the potential to leave models behind on objectives and still have a brutal spearhead to ram into your opponent. 

But lets be honest we all want three mega gargants right?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Pic or not this is odd and suspect...when has a GH ever posted points for a faction what was even released yet? GW even said all post CoS books are getting a free pdf for their updated points as well.  Something isnt right here...

The Sons were 100% supposed to be released by June this year, with Covid and everything being delayed they definitely wanted the GHB out in timely fashion and it's very likely its release date was unchanged, it just so happens that the Sons are now releasing after the GHB unfortunately.

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

The Sons were 100% supposed to be released by June this year, with Covid and everything being delayed they definitely wanted the GHB out in timely fashion and it's very likely its release date was unchanged, it just so happens that the Sons are now releasing after the GHB unfortunately.

Hmm...I can roll with that. Releases are all over the place im sure. And there is also a ****** ton of stuff for 40k

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Hmm...I can roll with that. Releases are all over the place im sure. And there is also a ****** ton of stuff for 40k

Yeah exactly, I wouldnt be suprised to see July be exclusively 40K and a good chunk of August as well. I'm hoping for a late August release for the Sons but it may end up being September.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Yeah exactly, I wouldnt be suprised to see July be exclusively 40K and a good chunk of August as well. I'm hoping for a late August release for the Sons but it may end up being September.

Gosh no! I don't want to wait any longer 😧

We can still pray for a super unlikely but sneaky preorder preview tomorrow of sons to be released alongside the Indom box right?

With initial points given i'm wondering (Albeit uselessly cause no rules) If 3 big boys 3 small is the way forward, or 6 Small boys 2 big. Will the Megagargants be worth taking multiples of the same type. Too many questions!
No battalions is a little unfortunate so we won't ever be a 1-3 drop army, to go first against strong all in one battalions, but what can we expect with so few units anyway. Hoping for subfactions still.

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1

Indomitus will go on preorder for two weeks. So there needs to be something along side it to be released on the 18th. Odds are it will likely be something small so as not to detract from the big release of 9th edition. 

As desperate as we all are for the sons, I think @KingBrodd is right and we will be in for a lengthy wait.

So in the meantime I'm gonna go watch jack the giant slayer for some conversion inspiration.

No battalions! No allies!

Looks like this is GWs expected SoB list:

• Gatebreaker 490
  • Krakeneater 490
  • Warstomper 480
  • Mancrusher Gargant (180)
  • Total: 2000

And it'll be Grand alliance destruction then if I want to do this(?)

• Gatebreaker 490
  • Krakeneater 490
  • Warstomper 480
  • 40 x Stabbas (260)
  • 20 x Stabbas (130)
  • 20 x Shootas (120)
  • Total:  1970

Edit: And the big guys are too big to ally into another army? Sounds like there might be some special Behemat ally rules coming.

Edited by a74xhx

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

Gosh no! I don't want to wait any longer 😧

We can still pray for a super unlikely but sneaky preorder preview tomorrow of sons to be released alongside the Indom box right?

With initial points given i'm wondering (Albeit uselessly cause no rules) If 3 big boys 3 small is the way forward, or 6 Small boys 2 big. Will the Megagargants be worth taking multiples of the same type. Too many questions!
No battalions is a little unfortunate so we won't ever be a 1-3 drop army, to go first against strong all in one battalions, but what can we expect with so few units anyway. Hoping for subfactions still.

I've got my fingers crossed for a sneaky release but my Hope's arent high for one unfortunately.

1 hour ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

Indomitus will go on preorder for two weeks. So there needs to be something along side it to be released on the 18th. Odds are it will likely be something small so as not to detract from the big release of 9th edition. 

As desperate as we all are for the sons, I think @KingBrodd is right and we will be in for a lengthy wait.

So in the meantime I'm gonna go watch jack the giant slayer for some conversion inspiration.

I'm preparing myself for a month or so wait, as painful as it is!!

Jack the Giant Slayer is actually such a good film!! The scene in the pond when they first encounter the Gargants (my vernacular of Gargant has taken over every use of Giant) is spectacular.

9 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Didn't GW state that Sons can be used in any army? One Mega Gargant at least.

Yes they can be used in any Faction.

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Jack the Giant Slayer is actually such a good film!! The scene in the pond when they first encounter the Gargants (my vernacular of Gargant has taken over every use of Giant) is spectacular.

Couldn't agree more! And when the first reveal video (the story book) was announced I got such a similar vibe that someone at GW must have watched it and thought..."this is a good shout"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

Couldn't agree more! And when the first reveal video (the story book) was announced I got such a similar vibe that someone at GW must have watched it and thought..."this is a good shout"

100% mate. I love the fairy tale angle the Sons and Gloomspite were treated with.

4 hours ago, Moogypies said:

Fingers crossed. The amount of new kits that Necron and Marines are getting is...bountiful to say the least.  

I don't begrudge the Necron, mind you. Been a while since they got anything new.

The entire Behemat range is three to five items - if we get warscroll cards, and if we count reboxing Aleguzzlers to Mancrunchers as an 'item'.

Given the two week preorder for 40K I think it would be possible to slip  the Behemat stuff in there - even just to stop there being a gap in the schedule.

GW shares are up by 86% over lockdown, but if they have models and books ready to go, I am sure they would love to get as much cash in as possible right now.

I reckon it is possible but I won't hold my wallet...er.. I mean breath. 😇

As to battalions or subfactions - I wonder if the former will be just part of their baked-in Allegiance Abilities. 

Subfactions could be a bonus for taking two or more of a particular MG, perhaps?

Who knows. I never would have expected a horde discount on a unit of three models, let alone giants?!

Edited by Souleater
Typing with cat on lap hard.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Souleater said:

Fingers crossed. The amount of new kits that Necron and Marines are getting is...bountiful to say the least.  

I don't begrudge the Necron, mind you. Been a while since they got anything new.

The entire Behemat range is three to five items - if we get warscroll cards, and if we count reboxing Aleguzzlers to Mancrunchers as an 'item'.

Given the two week preorder for 40K I think it would be possible to slip  the Behemat stuff in there - even just to stop there being a gap in the schedule.

GW shares are up by 86% over lockdown, but if they have models and books ready to go, I am sure they would love to get as much cash in as possible right now.

I reckon it is possible but I won't hold my wallet...er.. I mean breath. 😇

As to battalions or subfactions - I wonder if the former will be just part of their baked-in Allegiance Abilities. 

Subfactions could be a bonus for taking two or more of a particular MG, perhaps?

Who knows. I never would have expected a horde discount on a unit of three models, let alone giants?!

Warscroll cards were leaked on a shipping manifest a few months ago :) So we have the Mega Gargant kit, Warscrolls and Battletome, along with the Aleguzzler or Mancruncher kit so I too have all my fingers and toes crossed for a sneaky release before 9th Edition!!

• Like 1