Sons of Behemat Discussion ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

Gareth ๐Ÿ„

3 hours ago, Hannibal said:

ย 

So GW seems to run their usual buisness: reate 1-2 new kits, write a book and here it is: the new ARMY. Iยดm not sold though I immediately looked where I could get an Aleguzzler kit. :D

And then to top it all off, finding out that the ugliest giant variant is the go-to competitive option rules-wise.

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Just have to totally reculpt the legs.ย 

Might be able to use the feet.ย 

Add talons and scales.

Reculpt the head, maybe using theirs for a base.ย 

It'll be a project for sure. โœŠ

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Oh, ๐Ÿค” and add those lovely (ย  โ€ขย  )(ย  โ€ขย  ) !!!

ย 

It looks like one of them even has a troggoth skull hanging from their belt!

5 hours ago, Hannibal said:

So GW seems to run their usual buisness: reate 1-2 new kits, write a book and here it is: the new ARMY. Iยดm not sold though I immediately looked where I could get an Aleguzzler kit. :D

I dunno...they said these three models came in one kit. I don't believe that's the entire army. I see it more than likely that we get 3 -5 kits plus the current Aleguzzler kit.

20 minutes ago, Newtype_Zero said:

I dunno...they said these three models came in one kit. I don't believe that's the entire army. I see it more than likely that we get 3 -5 kits plus the current Aleguzzler kit.

I think itll be the Aleguzzler, the Mega Gargant kit and then perhaps a King Brodd/Leader kit round it to 3. Maybe a Scenery Piece as well.

24 minutes ago, Newtype_Zero said:

I believe it was said somewhere that itย isย in fact the army. These 3 variants, plus the normal Gargant kit which is likely the "troop" option are what was confirmed.

Not to say that you can't allocate one of these to be a named\unique character a-la Imperial Knights.

So, I loved the Giant kit back in Fantasy. It was a must have, and part of the reason I dabbled in both Orcs and Goblins and Ogre Kingdoms. I've been wanting to bust mine out for a while (he just got a shiny, new oval base) and now this is looking SUPER awesome. I would LOVE a big monster only army and this really feels like it fits the bill perfectly!ย 

I want to get started and perhaps repair my giant. But it is probably too far out to even consider that. Not SO worried about rules, more about...schemes and ideas. Will definitely have one pal around with my Cities of Sigmar, but that doesn't narrow down Realm at all. lolย 

Anyone else pondering theme and story to their Sons of Behemat army? Any ideas you'd want to fiddle with or conversions you might want to try?

7 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I believe it was said somewhere that itย isย in fact the army. These 3 variants, plus the normal Gargant kit which is likely the "troop" option are what was confirmed.

Not to say that you can't allocate one of these to be a named\unique character a-la Imperial Knights.

I think one of two things will happen. The first is what you said and just have an allocated Leader and the Aleguzzler as the Battleline and the second is that the King Brodd/Leader kit will be revealed later down the line before release OR the Warscroll and option is their in the Battletome and they do an Imperial Knights and release the model some time next year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

So, I loved the Giant kit back in Fantasy. It was a must have, and part of the reason I dabbled in both Orcs and Goblins and Ogre Kingdoms. I've been wanting to bust mine out for a while (he just got a shiny, new oval base) and now this is looking SUPER awesome. I would LOVE a big monster only army and this really feels like it fits the bill perfectly!ย 

I want to get started and perhaps repair my giant. But it is probably too far out to even consider that. Not SO worried about rules, more about...schemes and ideas. Will definitely have one pal around with my Cities of Sigmar, but that doesn't narrow down Realm at all. lolย 

Anyone else pondering theme and story to their Sons of Behemat army? Any ideas you'd want to fiddle with or conversions you might want to try?

I need to read their Battletome for more inspiration and Lore questions for what the Sons have and are doing in the Mortal Realms. But I'm thinking Gargants from the Mountains of Ghur that have taken over the holdings of the Dispossed Duardin.

Just now, NikitaCrab132 said:

Do you think, this boyz will have some synergy with orruks?ย 

All Factions can take one so perhaps the Orruks will work best with them outside of a pure Sons of Behemat army?

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I need to read their Battletome for more inspiration and Lore questions for what the Sons have and are doing in the Mortal Realms. But I'm thinking Gargants from the Mountains of Ghur that have taken over the holdings of the Dispossed Duardin.

You say this and all Iย picture in my headย is a drunk guy chasing away some ground hogs and trying to live in their burrows! ๐Ÿ˜„

Itty-bitty living space!

So big giants will be most likely 400-320 pts to fit in all the slots and keep sons of behemat armies less repetitive (unless there are more aesthetic options past the base equipment we have yet to see, the giant has lots of little options.)ย 

if they arenโ€™t nearly 400 points I will be extremely disappointed because not only will they be very expensive to collect for 2k but they wonโ€™t ย be as scary as other models that size.

i really hope we get a rules leak sometime soon

@Lord Krungharrย possibly our damage will scale according to the number of models in the target unit.

ย 

Would allow them to chew through hordes without doing too much damage per hit to Heroes.ย  Having said that...maybe we will be able to knock seven shades of snot out of pretty much anything.

I wonder what else they might do to prevent us simply being tied up by chaff.ย  Stepping over enemy models? Retreat and Charge?

• Like 2

Would not be surprised if they work more like Gotrek does. Their base size would be weird if they are lower than 400 points in my opinion. Probably more between 500 and 600 points (like Gotrek).

No news on the Bonegrinder? Did he go with SoB or not?

8 hours ago, Kamose said:

You say this and all Iย picture in my headย is a drunk guy chasing away some ground hogs and trying to live in their burrows! ๐Ÿ˜„

Itty-bitty living space!

Hahaha true but Duardin Holds are enormous I imagine they broke into one of the Main Market Chambers or Forges.

7 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I bet these guys have that rule where they count as multiple models next to objectives like the Mawtribes got.ย  Otherwise, they have pretty much no hope of winning a game.....unless they cause like 2D6 damage per attack or something.ย  Heck, maybe they'll do both?

There have been rumours that the Gargants are able to kick objectives.

5 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

Would not be surprised if they work more like Gotrek does. Their base size would be weird if they are lower than 400 points in my opinion. Probably more between 500 and 600 points (like Gotrek).

No news on the Bonegrinder? Did he go with SoB or not?

If a mawcrusher didnโ€™t have a dude on it it wouldnโ€™t prolly be around 400 points tbf. Does gotrek have different rules for allying? (I donโ€™t play any order factions currently)

lt was the same with the troll hag when gloomspites were made, just periodically check the site once sons drop cuz they will give the bonegrinderย the keyword and nothing else Iโ€™m guessing.ย 

ย 500 pts ย works well if the giants stay st their current cost so that 3 is 480 pts making list building essentially 4 500 pt blocks where you decide on big or small. Fits super neatly at all pts levels, and allows 2k armies to have 3 battle line and one of each giant (which should be the sweetspot to go for in my opinion)