Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

On 7/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, Drazhoath said:

Doesnt matter because SoB have no allied unitsΒ 

The AoS app, though still for the previous version of the game, shows that SoB can take the Fungoid Cave Shaman as an Ally. He used to have a rule where any Destruction army could take him but I'm not sure about the status of that now. Maybe someone else knows more?

20 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

No biggie, that means I'll have points to run 4 megas in a SoB army for 2K, and if I make it off the waitlist for a 3K even in September, I'll use 5 megas and a unit of 3 Mancrushers.Β  Probably in a Taker Tribe but maybe Gatebreaker.

Β 

I noticed that Longshanks is Errata'd in the FAQ, now we ignore models less than 4" tall rather than based on wound count.Β  Can't decide if that's better or worse than it was?

There is sth curious:

When this model makes a move, it can ignore models, endless spells, invocations and terrain features that are less than 4" tall at their highest point.’
Β 

Bo wording of a NORMAL move. So we can walk over units in the charge phase or/and When piling in?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drazhoath said:

There is sth curious:

When this model makes a move, it can ignore models, endless spells, invocations and terrain features that are less than 4" tall at their highest point.’
Β 

Bo wording of a NORMAL move. So we can walk over units in the charge phase or/and When piling in?

Good catch!Β  There is definitely a specific Normal Move now.Β  Me thinks that could be a right proper interpretation.Β  Warrants some study.

3 hours ago, Drazhoath said:

There is sth curious:

Β 

Probably just applies to runs and retreats but it might need an errata.

Well got in two games of AoS3 and it’s been going as expected both wins pretty easily on objectives but not against the best lists. Got a small event at the weekend so will see how those games go. SoB seem so good at primary, secondary and tertiary scoring that it almost feels like unless your facing a list that can one shot a mega that SoB have a pretty easy to follow path to victory.Β 

12 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

Well got in two games of AoS3 and it’s been going as expected both wins pretty easily on objectives but not against the best lists. Got a small event at the weekend so will see how those games go. SoB seem so good at primary, secondary and tertiary scoring that it almost feels like unless your facing a list that can one shot a mega that SoB have a pretty easy to follow path to victory.Β 

What list did you play?Β 

4 hours ago, Dejnar said:

What list did you play?Β 

Playing.Β 
Taker

kraken with sandals and 5+ shrug

gatebreakerΒ 

warstomperΒ 

3 solo mancrushersΒ 

I’m thinking about for this weekend running the mancrushers in a single unit. It’s pretty apparent that on the majority of missions you only need to be on two objectives so I’m going to see if the bigger unit advantages I prefer to the negatives.Β 
Β 

in general my impression of the new missions isn’t massively positive playing with SoB and my khorne so far. With most missions being 3 or 4 objectives if you can blob up on two and have easy to score tactics and strategy you don’t really need to do much else. Β To be clear I think theΒ objectives and missions really favour SoB but they make the game a bit stagnant.
Β 

One game I played we diced β€œThe Vice” and I just sat deep on my two home objectives whilst completing tactics until round 3 into round 4 it goes to one objective in the middle and I just moved all the gargants in. Immediately that mission would be more dynamic if they had the central objective from theΒ start and the others still moved and disappear.Β 

Hey all, I'm wanting to get into Sons of Behemat and had a question; how would you buildΒ a 2000 point list with 4 Mega-Gargants, i.e. which Tribe and what mix of the different Megas would you use? The change to letting us run a whole army of Megas has completely sold me on the faction, and I'm super excited to get stuck into them. I was thinking Taker Tribe with 2 Kraken-eaters/1 Gatebreaker/1 Warstomper is probably the way to go and lets me run at least 1 of each type, but I'm curious to see how you would approach a quad-Mega list. Cheers!Β 

On 7/3/2021 at 1:44 PM, Silphid said:

I am contemplating making an AoS 3.0 army with 4 mega gargants. As I am just starting to read about this army, I thought I’d gather thoughts on the viability of such a list. Can it be somewhat competitive in your opinion? What 4 mega garbants would you pick i. 3.0?

Jump right in. This is the edition for Monster Heroes so I would say yes, it'll be competitive. And by competitive, I mean that you'll be a great gatekeeper army in your local meta or friend group, they will all have to beat you to get good. The overcooked armies will beat you, honestly an experienced player with any army might as well, but you will have so much fun, you'll actually stick with the army, learn a lot and ultimately become one of the best players you know.Β 

There's plenty of talk for the future about SOB'sΒ strengths with objective play, but I prefer the motivational take. Go for it.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaskier said:

Hey all, I'm wanting to get into Sons of Behemat and had a question; how would you buildΒ a 2000 point list with 4 Mega-Gargants, i.e. which Tribe and what mix of the different Megas would you use? The change to letting us run a whole army of Megas has completely sold me on the faction, and I'm super excited to get stuck into them. I was thinking Taker Tribe with 2 Kraken-eaters/1 Gatebreaker/1 Warstomper is probably the way to go and lets me run at least 1 of each type, but I'm curious to see how you would approach a quad-Mega list. Cheers!Β 

Welcome to the stomping grounds!Β  I agree that the Taker Tribe seems to be pretty strong now and that's the one I'll be using now.Β  Breaker Tribe is solid but there are so many ways to get +1 to hit the extra model count for objectives in Taker Tribe becomes gravy.Β Β 

2 Kraken-eaters could be pretty fun for a football match; but I think I might go 2 Warstompers actually.Β  It makes a better bid for a Triumph but also their jump up and down is twice as good as the Kraken-eater's stomp, and their Hurled Body attack is potentially amazing for causing the coherency breaks in feeble tiny model units.Β  If you magnetize a few bits you could make one that could be either version.Β  The Gatebreaker needs the big flail though and that's a great damage dealer to have.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice! I do like the soundΒ of two Warstompers when you frame it that way, and it also frees up points not just to go for the Triumph but also perhaps for a cheeky endless spell if taking the Glowy Lantern.Β 

Speaking of which, I just had a thought; would a Kraken-eater with the Glowy Lantern be able to select a spell from the universal spell lore in the core rules? I'm not sure on the legality of it, but a Kraken-eater with Flaming Weapons would be pretty beastly!

On 7/2/2021 at 12:15 PM, tripchimeras said:

Its seems to just mainly have been intended to correct a wording in the core rulebook that would have made him break allegiance abilities if taken from what I'm seeing now.Β  Since 99% of destro has allegiances locked to specific keywords seems like he's still pretty limited.Β  Someone noted the 6+ ward in bonesplitters isn't, so I guess he would get that now?Β  If the changes to Armor mods didn't already ****** bonesplitters so much, honestly might be a pretty decent combo.Β  But yeah doesn't seem to do anything for us, except what @novakaiΒ just outlined, but think he could already do that, so not really a change I think.

I think this will need an FAQ further. My interpretation was only that Krsgnos being in your army doesn't prevent that army from benefiting from an elegance ability. Not that KragnosΒ himself does.

32 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

Thanks for the advice! I do like the soundΒ of two Warstompers when you frame it that way, and it also frees up points not just to go for the Triumph but also perhaps for a cheeky endless spell if taking the Glowy Lantern.Β 

Speaking of which, I just had a thought; would a Kraken-eater with the Glowy Lantern be able to select a spell from the universal spell lore in the core rules? I'm not sure on the legality of it, but a Kraken-eater with Flaming Weapons would be pretty beastly!

Definitely. The glowy lantern makes them a wizard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gianmh said:

Anyone, can you think of the benefits of running 9 single crushers and a war stomper?

You murder screens without committing too many resources at once would seem to be the main benefit.Β 
Β 

If you want to do that I would probably run the mantle for bravery 10 and re roll charge bubble and then 40 wounds on the stomper as you need him to live. If you are looking at 9 mancrushers which I currently am painting my last 3 so will run it at least once, then I would have at least one unit of 3 as a hammer. Plus gives a nice 20 point triumph bid for the possible +1 to wound.Β 

Hi everybody, I have a question concerning the Stomper Tribes Big Shouts:

afbeelding.png.38ecdbcb14b93362ac2b698ac6c16787.png

So all the good stuff is unavailable for the General?

Shouldn't they have faqed the Big Shouts to match the new generic CA's? +1 to save/hit is far better than re-rolling 1's right? And especially the timing for when you want to give an ability is crucial ("at the start of xxx phase" versus "when you pick a unit to yyy")

Also the Realm CA from the battlepack pitched battles 2021 (Feral Roar) is unavailable to the general?

I ask because I have a 1000pts battle coming up and planned to field 1 WarstomperMG + 3 crushers...

Β 

Β 

On 7/3/2021 at 11:27 PM, Drazhoath said:

There is sth curious:

Β 

Yes they changed it to all moves and 4" everything , but now when you retreat you cannot run anymore (8.3 Core rules sidenote) so taking objectives behind enemy lines will take 1 more turn πŸ™‚, or not, the table size is a tad smaller after all.

10 hours ago, Bozgum said:

Hi everybody, I have a question concerning the Stomper Tribes Big Shouts:

afbeelding.png.38ecdbcb14b93362ac2b698ac6c16787.png

So all the good stuff is unavailable for the General?

Shouldn't they have faqed the Big Shouts to match the new generic CA's? +1 to save/hit is far better than re-rolling 1's right? And especially the timing for when you want to give an ability is crucial ("at the start of xxx phase" versus "when you pick a unit to yyy")

Also the Realm CA from the battlepack pitched battles 2021 (Feral Roar) is unavailable to the general?

I ask because I have a 1000pts battle coming up and planned to field 1 WarstomperMG + 3 crushers...

Β 

Β 

Indeed none of the good stuff at 1k. This is why in a 2k stomper list your most likely going to want to field at least one extra mega. Then you can get say a 3 blob of mancrushers on 2+ rr1s maybe even 2+ to wound with a triumph and do some serious burst damage.Β 

Edited by Reuben Parker

14 hours ago, gianmh said:

Anyone figure out a reason to take or good Kragnos list?

Not a good reason, but he is super killy in combat, counts as 5 models.Β  His 200 more points though, ugh, that just ruins it for me.Β  But for the Orruks,Β the should-be-god-of-Centigors will make them super duper good somehow.