Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

2 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Β 

Quick question; what is the advantage of running a gatebreaker over another kraken eater?

Β 

The grot dies in the audio drama so it has a happy endingΒ πŸ˜†

Cool i was wondering if it was the same duo

23 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

@vinnytΒ How do you think escalating a game to 3k points would affect your Taker Tribe tactics, and what would you add?Β  Another Gatebreaker and Warstomper?Β  Kragnos and a mancrusher or 2?Β  Or Kragnos, a Warstomper, and take out a Mancrusher?Β Β 

I'm almost off the waitlist for the 3K in Milwaukee, WI, USA and want to get ready.Β Β 

oof I've never played a 3K game but at that point I'd consider kragnos to be almost mandatory since you'll for sure be seeing monsters.Β 

Β 

Otherwise, just whatever tickles your fancy!Β 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

Still looking for an answer on this one, as I am very curious to hear from experienced SoB on this.

If you're going Taker Tribe, I'd still run the Gatebreaker over 2 Kraken Eaters.Β  Their damage dealing is unparalleled and they can still get +1 to hit with All Out Attack or Titanic Duel, and coupled with the Heroic Finest Hour almost everything they touch will die.Β  The Kraken Eater could kick another objective, but hard to say how often that actually helps, especially with a bad 2D6 roll.Β  It's taken me at least 2 kicks to shift them out of my own zone in games where opponents can score higher on those.Β  And when the combat comes they just don't cut the mustard for me, just the cheese.

If going Breaker Tribe, Gatebreaker of course can get the Fierce Loathing.Β  But as mentioned, seems like Taker Tribe is stronger now with the extra ways to get +1s to hit.Β Β 

Also Gatebreakers can end up smashing 2 pieces of terrain per turn if they want to.Β  Perfect for weeding those Living Wyldwoods or whatever they're called.

I better brush up on my FAQs; just gave them a cursory glance.Β  And make a reminder sheet for each phase.Β  That was helpful with my Legion of Azgorh at tournaments.

Speaking of tournaments, I got off the waitlist for the big 3000 point one!Β  I'm very excited, should be ridiculously full of absurd army builds.Β Β 

I'm pretty settled on Taker Tribe, Kraken Eater with -1 to hit, Gatebreaker w Amulet of Destiny, 2 more Gatebreakers, 1 Mancrusher, and Kragnos.Β 

I was considering taking a Warstomper instead of the 3rd Gatebreaker but not really sure if that's wise.Β  The Warstomper just seems meh to me, though his jump up and down is decent, the hurled body possibly useful.Β  I plan to magnetize the club so it could be a giant flail.

Or should I just go Gatebreaker with that many?Β  Or go Taker with the 1 Warstomper?Β  Or ****** Kragnos and take 5 megas and a 2nd mancrusher?Β  Definitely gonna be the hardest meanest event possibleΒ πŸ’ͺ

Β 

Β 

Been a minute but finally had our goodbye to 2.0 tournament a couple weekends ago. Β My Sons list went 2-1. Β Went with Gatebreaker General, Kraken-Eater, 3x Mancrushers, 3 units of 1x Mancrushers.
Β 

Lost my first match (Shifting Objectives)Β to an IDK Domhain which gave them a lot of bonuses against Monsters. Β Could’ve done a little better with my target selection but this one was gonna be uphill battle for me regardless.

Won Battle for the Pass against a Squig list. Β Took more tries than I would’ve liked but eventually got the objective out of my territory. Β Bigger gain was when I was able to push onto objective in their territory.

Snuck out a win against Archaon Slaanesh in Blades Edge. Β They made a mistake in over committing to β€œEast” edge with all their heroes and the Fane. Β I sacrificed my Gatebreaker and 3x block to hold them up there long enough and made hay in the middle and West. Β By final round when I won initiative I could choose to go second and not leave enough VP available to my opponent to win. Β Think I got really lucky here with an opponent off their game a little at tournament’s end.

All in was very happy with the list but… of course that list is now 15 points too expensive to run in 3.0 where I have a tournament in September. Β Trying to get motivated to paint after all the fun kitbashing the Mancrushers but struggling to switch gears to a new list. Β 

Thinking I’ll drop the Mancrusher Mob for a Warstomper as I like having extra bodies but despite better than expected outcome in my first run with Sons and their only getting better in 3.0 feeling a bit lost in what should be a simple list recalibration…

4809722A-283B-4CB1-8645-6774BE15FA0E.jpeg.ecb7b6c275f6acb061f849189e26db06.jpeg

D8FC1CA2-7AAE-4FA2-BD7A-53245F2EF228.jpeg.c8cdfdbb8e12381295f7c482785ccaa2.jpeg929D7EA5-3B51-4AEB-81D2-72B819AE9CFD.jpeg.1b16ed6a935d41ab8beb63d0a6ff0cfa.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sharks!Β  I lost my last 2.0 game vs IDK too.Β  That's a tough matchup because of their speed/flight, but also they have those eels that ignore rend, plus the turn 3 strike first thing.Β  Gonna have to think about how to cope with all that for my September 3K event.Β  Positioning for favorable turn 3 combats could help but not easy to out position most Aelves.Β  Seems like the best tactic is to bumrush everything forward on them for turn 2 combat.

I haven't played vs any other Aelves ever.Β  Not DoK or Lumineth, or even the Cities versions.Β  Or the Duardin for that matter.

Could someone confirm the Big Shouts with me. As my understanting of the rule is as follows.

Unless stated to otherwise, the big shout command abilities are used on the WARSTOMPER not the mancrushers. Meaning that another character could use a different command ability (all out defence) on the mancrusher unit as their buff for the phase.

Basically, use big shout (command ability used on Wastomper) followed by using AoD on the mancrushers (ability used on mancrushers) in order to give them +1 to save rolls, rerolling 1s.

Would someone be able to either confirm or deny this interaction.

4 hours ago, Guui said:

Could someone confirm the Big Shouts with me. As my understanting of the rule is as follows.

Unless stated to otherwise, the big shout command abilities are used on the WARSTOMPER not the mancrushers. Meaning that another character could use a different command ability (all out defence) on the mancrusher unit as their buff for the phase.

Basically, use big shout (command ability used on Wastomper) followed by using AoD on the mancrushers (ability used on mancrushers) in order to give them +1 to save rolls, rerolling 1s.

Would someone be able to either confirm or deny this interaction.

Yup, that's m understanding of how it works.Β 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Injuryprone said:

How can I best play SoB in PTG or 1k without being "that guy"

I think the 'friendliest' version might be Warstomper and 3 separate Mancrushers.Β  Or a Kraken-Eater would work nicely as well.Β  Both of those megas, while plenty of wounds, don't do the heart-breaking damage that a Gatebreaker can do.

Or 1 Kraken-Eater and 1 Warstomper would also be tame enough.Β  Go Stomper Tribe to not be OP on objective holding.

Here's my custom Chaosified stomp on the bench, next phase is highlighting.Β  I did a zenithal priming, then contrast paints for the basecoat colors and shading.Β  They got pretty darn dark.Β  But the highlighting on Kragnos is showing nicely so I think they'll come out good after a few more sessions.Β  They looked pretty cool all black and white actually, like an old movie.

DSCF1033.JPG

• Like 2

New SoB rules incoming!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/12/the-sons-of-behemat-receive-a-gargantuan-battletome-update-in-this-months-white-dwarf/?fbclid=IwAR09nF_ZjZaVQ7CTGn-vRUa3pStwgPTsFtGJFWvbwqmWHKgIx7ckrnlbyH4

TheΒ new battle tactics and grand strategies areΒ unnecessary, but new core battalions will be great.

Also more path to glory rules, happy days!

Edited by Magnus The Blue
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

New SoB rules incoming!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/12/the-sons-of-behemat-receive-a-gargantuan-battletome-update-in-this-months-white-dwarf/?fbclid=IwAR09nF_ZjZaVQ7CTGn-vRUa3pStwgPTsFtGJFWvbwqmWHKgIx7ckrnlbyH4

TheΒ new battle tactics and grand strategies and unnecessaryΒ but new core battalions will be great.

All very welcome. It just fleshes the Sons out for 3rd edition. Also Sons don’t have a great amount of choice when it comes to core battalions, i find them definitely a welcome addition.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Magnus The Blue said:

New SoB rules incoming!

TheΒ new battle tactics and grand strategies areΒ unnecessary, but new core battalions will be great.

Aww and I got a tournament with them this weekend, too bad they are not out yet ;)Β Next time!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 2:11 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

Here's my custom Chaosified stomp on the bench, next phase is highlighting.Β  I did a zenithal priming, then contrast paints for the basecoat colors and shading.Β  They got pretty darn dark.Β  But the highlighting on Kragnos is showing nicely so I think they'll come out good after a few more sessions.Β  They looked pretty cool all black and white actually, like an old movie.

DSCF1033.JPG

How did you do the centaur one