Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

On 4/19/2021 at 7:14 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

It does seem tough to fight an army with an everybody strikes first trick like the Khorne Tyrants battalion (or at least one of their subfactions can do that).  Guess it depends on the mission too.  If there were objectives to score without having to move up soon, the Sons could hurl some boulders and get rid of a Thirster maybe (especially if the army had the BossyPants hatred).  Hard to master indeed.

I've seen many comments on a game group about Kairos+Archaon+Tzeentch tome= win win win.  Not sure how the Sons would cope with that much wizardry and stuff, but at least we can't auto die to Archaon's sword!

Don’t fret over what you can’t control. Just do what our army does best and don’t sweat the other stuff. I’m 17-0 against a wide variety of killer armies. Play the three turn objectives game and you’ll do fine. They can’t catch up even after they drop a mega or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What’s nice is that our megas will probably drop to 440 and 450 respectively when the points changes come. Mega’s are not worth the nearly 500 points that they currently cost. Having a merc wizard might help us. Also, we can pretty much assume that Sons will be getting an extra unit or two. I’d like to see a matron or giantess that could serve as a wizard. Possibly a King Brodd for a special character kit. All I know is that Sons of Behemat has a lot more to offer in the years to come. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scythian said:

What’s nice is that our megas will probably drop to 440 and 450 respectively when the points changes come. Mega’s are not worth the nearly 500 points that they currently cost.

And what do you want with these extra 100-120 points? Even if the reduce the points for Mancrusher than we don’t have enough points for anything 😂

8 hours ago, Scythian said:

What’s nice is that our megas will probably drop to 440 and 450 respectively when the points changes come. Mega’s are not worth the nearly 500 points that they currently cost. Having a merc wizard might help us. Also, we can pretty much assume that Sons will be getting an extra unit or two. I’d like to see a matron or giantess that could serve as a wizard. Possibly a King Brodd for a special character kit. All I know is that Sons of Behemat has a lot more to offer in the years to come. 

I hope we get at least 2 more Mega kits. A King Brodd/Leader kit and a Mage/Female kit. 

The King Brodd kit is self explanatory, even though he is supposed to be a Mancrusher simply state he grew and done!! A Mage kit would be fantastic as well as it being a female Gargant it could be run as another unit type such as Foe Render!!

Also an updated Mancrusher kit would be amazing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope we get at least 2 more Mega kits. A King Brodd/Leader kit and a Mage/Female kit. 

The King Brodd kit is self explanatory, even though he is supposed to be a Mancrusher simply state he grew and done!! A Mage kit would be fantastic as well as it being a female Gargant it could be run as another unit type such as Foe Render!!

Also an updated Mancrusher kit would be amazing.

If we get an updated mancrusher kit maybe it could be one male and one female. It would be awesome if it had some options for other scrolls as well, like a cannon/ballista(crossbow for these guys) for a ranged variant

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

If we get an updated mancrusher kit maybe it could be one male and one female. It would be awesome if it had some options for other scrolls as well, like a cannon/ballista(crossbow for these guys) for a ranged variant

I'll take one please.

These options would be awesome, I'd love the see the Lumineth Starshard Ballosta being used as a Bow.

Edited by KingBrodd

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

The mancrusher and the manhoodcrusher, with her death by snu snu attacks 

• Like 1

i dont think the army is built for point changes if they decide to change anything, they would need to significantly need to reduce costs of the models for us to even squeeze a mancrusher in and i think at that point you begin to tread into out units being undercosted.

Way more likely that the warscrolls would recieve Errata changes if they feel the need to rebalance things. Which is a strange thing to be sure, but i dont see point changes working with an army that seems designed to be built using 500~ point blocks.

12 minutes ago, Vurtias said:

i dont think the army is built for point changes if they decide to change anything, they would need to significantly need to reduce costs of the models for us to even squeeze a mancrusher in and i think at that point you begin to tread into out units being undercosted.

Way more likely that the warscrolls would recieve Errata changes if they feel the need to rebalance things. Which is a strange thing to be sure, but i dont see point changes working with an army that seems designed to be built using 500~ point blocks.

Even if you don't drop the army to 400 point blocks (~450 point blocks would let us squeeze an extra mancrusher in) theres plenty of benefits for us like: Not forcing us to take 3 model mancrusher units, extra CP, endless spells for taker tribe, opening up allies or the introduction of battalions which might be relevant as theres a rumor aos3 might have "generic universal" battalion options

• Like 1

Done the last for now of the megagargant in my tribe, this Is Just the base, now im printing the weapon and then i will start the bits and sculpt (and some filling) work on this gentleman, he should be the gatebreaker general:

IMG-20210424-WA0029.jpeg.9120b7f29cfb156a2d0aa0e698b2441d.jpeg

• Like 2

Actually points don’t have to come down that much to allow an extra mancrusher. Even a triple expensive mega (490) list plus 3 crusher unit only needs 30 point reductions and an equivalent 10 point reduction in solo mancrushers 

460x3 = 1380 + 450 + 170 = 2k. 

I don’t think we would see warscroll changes outside of a new book it’s just not what GW really does. We once saw KO thunderers get an update in a GHB but that was only as they were a serious problem unit. 

I thought a lot about the weaknesses of our big guys. We have not enough units (I played against SE and he played the objective game in a battleplan with many objectives...very hard for me) and no cheap screens against alpha strikes (Mawcrusher with mighty destroyer killed one mega in one charge).

Our alliance abilities are trash except the body count for scoring. We are very limited in list building and our tribe abilities doesn’t benefit all kind of megas.

What if we play our Gargants in Destruction? So we can give them screens, more units for spreading and scoring.

What do you think?

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Gatebreaker Mega-Gargant (490)
- General
- Command Trait: Might is Right
- Artefact: Rockeye
Kraken-eater Mega-Gargant (490)

Battleline
20 x Shootas (120)
20 x Shootas (120)
20 x Shootas (120)
20 x Shootas (120)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 185

6 hours ago, Drazhoath said:

I thought a lot about the weaknesses of our big guys. We have not enough units (I played against SE and he played the objective game in a battleplan with many objectives...very hard for me) and no cheap screens against alpha strikes (Mawcrusher with mighty destroyer killed one mega in one charge).

Our alliance abilities are trash except the body count for scoring. We are very limited in list building and our tribe abilities doesn’t benefit all kind of megas.

What if we play our Gargants in Destruction? So we can give them screens, more units for spreading and scoring.

What do you think?

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Gatebreaker Mega-Gargant (490)
- General
- Command Trait: Might is Right
- Artefact: Rockeye

Battleline
20 x Shootas (120)
20 x Shootas (120)
20 x Shootas (120)
20 x Shootas (120)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 185

It has been discussed before and is an option. Although why are you running double kraken eater doesn’t feel worth it when they have the lowest damage output. 

I personally like multiple megas in breaker all being gate breakers for hero sniping. Then stomper often only runs the stomper. I find the only tribe that I want to mix megas is taker. My feeling is that every mega should get a trait and artifact from their list as it would give them a buff, feel fluffy and give some customization between lists. 

11 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

My feeling is that every mega should get a trait and artifact from their list as it would give them a buff, feel fluffy and give some customization between lists. 

Totally agree! SoB have the most boring list building.

Krakeneater was just an example. You could chose a Warstomper or 3 Mancrusher too🤔

Hi all, wondering if anyone else has had a crack at the Mantic giant? Made a gatebreaker for a Merc/eventual leader of my own stomp.received_962293297872612.jpeg.f47edf5d1dfa4acb2db637d979675092.jpeg

I have to say the kit is great, needs a little trimming/greenstuff but otherwise piece of cake to make. First time greenstuffing as well so be gentle 😅

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Mincemeat said:

Hi all, wondering if anyone else has had a crack at the Mantic giant? Made a gatebreaker for a Merc/eventual leader of my own stomp.received_962293297872612.jpeg.f47edf5d1dfa4acb2db637d979675092.jpeg

I have to say the kit is great, needs a little trimming/greenstuff but otherwise piece of cake to make. First time greenstuffing as well so be gentle 😅

Looking fantastic mate!!

• Like 1