Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

1 hour ago, Superking said:

In one of the previous posts someone mentioned sons lists are going defensive.

58 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I guess it will be Taker tribe with the -1 to hit Commandtrait and the plate of perfect protection on another Mega

I haven't seen any army lists, but when I was listening to the numerous reviewers, they spoke poorly of SoB's damage and declared them to be a defensive army. Fighting like beastmen where you just try to die slowly. I think they're wrong, but a couple big wig tournament folk have talked about them  as such.  The -1 command trait and the perfect protection armor would likely be best for protection on the objective grabbing style. I'd still go for the sandals, but that's a personal choice.

I'd  quote Drazhoath but I didn't want to make 2 posts.

Stomper tribes are very focused and thus not terribly all rounder friendly.  To the point of all rounderness, I'd say breaker and taker tribes are more universal. For breakers you take a hatred that roughly fits the most things. Probably either idiots with flags or the 4+ save one (depending on your local meta). Takers don't really get any benefits beyond objective taking, so they don't care too much who they're fighting. The biggest choice for the army is how many megas you take.  I only have 6 mancrushers and 2  megas so I only have like 2-3 lists to use. (I know someone on here had great success with 3 megas) Perhaps some of our other stomp leaders could tell us of their experiences with varying numbers of megas?

The army is much more vulnerable to your opponent's list selection than many others. I believe it's been said before, if your opponent can take out a mega in one phase, then you are likely to lose. At that point it's a race to see who can hit the other hammer first. Our shooting can help out there and if they only have 1-2 hammers you might be able to pull it off and save yourself. (my battle report with Tzeentch is an example of this ... even though I lost the tournament match)

Good luck fellow sons, For Behemat!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:27 AM, Drazhoath said:

Sry but with only 4 Warscrolls Theres no real divesion for talking about tournament lists 😂

Also I think the chances to loose or win depends on the Opponents armie very strong. If you want to be very good at killing hordes, you need many Mancrusher in a Stomper Tribe. But that’s a bad list against many elite MSU armies. It’s very hard for SoB to build an Allrounder List.

I guess taker could be seen as more the all rounder as it doesn’t care so much about the opponents army and wants to play objectives and quite probably is the most flexible in build.   Rarely see lists with duplicate megas in taker and split between 2 big 6 small or 3 big 3 small and then also splits as to if people want to run 3 solo small gargants to try to really leverage the counts as 15 rule. 

stomper tribe has most potential damage output but will face armies where the damage buff never triggers and due to its rules the warstomper and 9 small build feels the best to me. IMHO though there are a couple of valid trait artifact combos though for some variety

then breaker my fav I see a few different builds for. I personally like the triple gatebreaker and unit of 3 with +1 vs heroes / wizards as it’s the list with the most sniping potential and I’ve always found killing key buff heroes is great for objective play armies as it tends to heavily drop the enemies damage output and lower the chances they can table you. Also can give some counter play vs the top lists which focus on shooting. 

• Like 1

I like the triple Gatebreaker list with an unit of 3 Mancrusher too BUT we need Screens. So I like the idea of double Gatebreaker, one Warstomper and three units of one Mancrusher for screening our megas.

Because without screens we get in trouble against alpha strikes (yes, I look at you Mawcrusher). An double Mawcrusher list has no problem to put out one or thanks to smashing and bashing, two megas in turn one. I saw this, believe me.

20 hours ago, Drazhoath said:

I like the triple Gatebreaker list with an unit of 3 Mancrusher too BUT we need Screens. So I like the idea of double Gatebreaker, one Warstomper and three units of one Mancrusher for screening our megas.

Because without screens we get in trouble against alpha strikes (yes, I look at you Mawcrusher). An double Mawcrusher list has no problem to put out one or thanks to smashing and bashing, two megas in turn one. I saw this, believe me.

I just have to play three Gatebreakers because I bought the army to play mega’s in the first place. I know that individual Mancrushers are better for cover but points won’t allow. 

• Like 1

Alright, I had a game against bone reapers Sunday. We did starstrike on a desert board. He's been just trying stuff out. This wasn't the current "must take Katakros" build. Not exactly the hardest fight, but it was a nice break up from the -1 to be hit stuff.

My list:

Spoiler

2,000pts - breaker tribe, idiots with flags (+1 vs units with command models or the TOTEM keyword)

Gatebreaker Mega gargant - general, extremely bitter - (+1 vs heroes), The gate artifact (6++)

Gatebreaker Mega Gargant 

3x1 Mancrushers

1x3 Mancrushers

My opponent's list: Mortis Praetorians 

Spoiler

Arch Kavalos Zandtos

Mortisan Boneshaper - empower nadrite weapons

Mortisan Soulmasons - general - +d3 command, Artificer's blade, arcane command

10 kavalos deathriders - spears

2x20 mortek guard - blades

Gothizzar harvester

2x mortek crawler

the +1 to hit endless spell

Terrain/setup: There was a temple in the center with desert buildings in each corner and one in the middle on each side. His bone tithe nexus was on his side on my left between the 2 other buildings. I set up my megas on either side of my central terrain. I put a mancrusher on either side of the board edge and hid the rest behind the central terrain. My opponent put the cavalry, the kavalos and the crawlers on the left with the rest of his army by the middle,  the tith nexus inbetween them.

Turn 1: I had less drops and decided to go first. My thought was to destroy the nexus before he could give me a -1 to hit. Plus he could hit me with the catapults anyways. After my crushing defeat (in a game against myself) I decided to keep most of my giants together for protection, I ran my whole army towards the left in an attempt to take out the nexus and maybe get the catapults. My normal mega was out front and  wrecked the terrain. I remember someone suggesting using them as meatshields. On my opponent's turn he whiffed all but 1 of his catapult shots into the unit of 3, doing 5 damage. The endless spell hung out by yhe main fight. He charged the mega with the horsemen and a unit of mortek, careful not to draw in anyone else. She got hit by the horses and massacred 14 of the guard. She took 14 damage from the 2 units.

Turn 2: My opponent won the roll off and took the double turn. He moved the other mortek unit at my general and the harvester at my other mega. The wizards gave reroll 1s and more hits on 5+. My general was surrounded as the central fight continued. The catapults killed 2 of the mancrushers and my general took 13 damage from the guard and wiped them out. The other mega was left on 1 wound after she failed to kill the harvester. The last mancrusher from the unit stuck around. On my turn I killed the harvester in shooting and most of the morteks. A lone mancrusher ran and charged at the catapult, making it in. The boss charged the last mortek, obliterating them. A horse was crushed on the charge and the unit was wiped out by the general.  At this point my opponent surrendered. With 2 crawlers and 3 heroes left he didn't have much of an army. 

This was more of a learning game for him than me, but it was very nice having a +1 to hit generally. He didn't have a lot of hitting power with his mortek crawlers missing. Keeping your giants together seems to be the best method of survival. Also offence. Makes taking objectives harder but I like my giants enough to be willing to risk objectives. Worked out this time. The mega was a worthy meat shield too. Hope you guys enjoyed

For Behemat!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Mate incredible!! Those Mancrusher sculpts are pure joy!! What minis are those?

Tnk you very much for ur appreciation :D

I 3d Printed everything on my Photon mono x resin printer ,they are not miniature from some manufacturers.

The mancrusher are files from EmanG and the mega gargant Is from Duncan Shadow.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Arael said:

Tnk you very much for ur appreciation :D

I 3d Printed everything on my Photon mono x resin printer ,they are not miniature from some manufacturers.

The mancrusher are files from EmanG and the mega gargant Is from Duncan Shadow.

Beautiful mate!! In comparison to GW minis how tall are they?

Spoiler

F3EF8AB1-5867-4120-9224-D01EF4314D7C.jpeg85AB4C93-29C2-4FDC-AC63-3AE6CA4C8355.jpegF277DFA0-F50D-494D-BCD4-BAC480BAD76A.jpeg

I made another boy. Don’t have a name for him yet. I do have a question though.

What color scheme would compliment the desert bases I have planned? I was thinking a reddish sand for the canyon they’ll be displayed in.

Hope everyone is having a good week. For Behemat!

Edited by TheArborealWalrus
  • Like 2

Hi, fellow Mega-gargant

I'm new to this awesome army and would have a doubt about the "Get Orf Me Land!" of the Kraken-eater. Having multiple Kraken-eater models on the field controlling different objectives, can I "kick" them one at a time or only one per phase? Thanks in advance for your answers.

On 2/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, Red_Point said:

Hi, fellow Mega-gargant

I'm new to this awesome army and would have a doubt about the "Get Orf Me Land!" of the Kraken-eater. Having multiple Kraken-eater models on the field controlling different objectives, can I "kick" them one at a time or only one per phase? Thanks in advance for your answers.

The wording is a bit funny but I’m pretty positive you can do multiple kicks just have to be separate objectives. Reason being the last sentences clarifies each objective can only be kicked once per phase. If they only wanted one kick in total the wording would have confirmed that. 

Saying that I’ve not really seen multiple Kraken eaters considered. 

Tournament coming up guys. 

Im going with:

3x Gatebreakers and 3x Mancrushers

Magmaforged blade and Extremely bitter. 

My conundrum now is what +1hit thingies to choose. One for the entire army and one personal for the General. 

Any thoughts? 

Edited by Dejnar

On 2/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, Red_Point said:

Hi, fellow Mega-gargant

You can kick multiple objectives but you cannot "chain:" kick an objective between 2 giants as the requirement is that the objective kicked is within 1" of a krakeneater and it cannot land within 1" of another model. But if you have 2 Kraken eaters on 2 different objectives you can kick both of them individually.

1250p taker tribe vs khorn aztecs
my list:
kraken eater sandels and intimidating
1x2 mancrushers
2x1 mankrushers
I pushed the right flank and sneaked som charges en pail in moves to his back objektivs before he killed my little ones and summuond on the bak objektivs butt a vin to the taker trib in the end 22vs21

game1.jpg

game2.jpg

game3.jpg

game4.jpg

Edited by Fellman
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1250p game vs saurus heavy serfons
buffed up saurs hurts!
i pushed up the right and left a singel back to the left. Killed the screens and some knights, saurs counter charge and bastalidon killed my littel ones. Krakeneater retrets over saurs and capture the back objectiv
ended in a draw
my list
krakeneater intimidating + sandels
2x1 mankruchers
1x2 mancruchers

155189713_123431796311761_6770360829220753857_n.jpg

155232475_267029434834098_6890570869021226202_n.jpg

155363577_1332015673849989_4248121287067553134_n.jpg

155276267_852848368894364_8249318989853387872_n.jpg

• Like 5