Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

42 minutes ago, JudgeFredd said:

Just one quick question: can the Stomper Tribe use all the Big Shout or must I chose one of them for one battle?

You can use all of the Big Shouts.

I have another question for you guys: What is the current consensus regarding armylist composition? 3 Megas and 3 Mancrushers (3 or 1-1-1) or 2 Megas and 6 Mancrushers (3-1-1-1)? A few pages back someone called out, that he won all games with 3 Megas but often lost with only 2 Megas (if i remerber correctly).

Edited by Archibald

19 hours ago, Archibald said:

You can use all of the Big Shouts.

I have another question for you guys: What is the current consensus regarding armylist composition? 3 Megas and 3 Mancrushers (3 or 1-1-1) or 2 Megas and 6 Mancrushers (3-1-1-1)? A few pages back someone called out, that he won all games with 3 Megas but often lost with only 2 Megas (if i remerber correctly).

I use the “Attack on Titan” list which is the 3 megas and 3 individual baby giants. Most people have discovered that you need a defensive based army which begins with the Krakeneater General with the minus 1 to hit ability and the reduce rend plate from Chamon. I next use a gate breaker and a warstomper for my other two megas. Have a baby giant to accompany each mega to help protect his flank or frontage. They also can pile in if the mega is attacked which essentially increases the damage output of your “tag team.” Movement is very important so always keep your 3 tag teams synergetic. As for shooting and magic based armies that you’ll face, shrug it off. There’s nothing you can do. You’re playing a highly tactical based combat army that relies on cat and mouse maneuvers to win the objectives game. Get those practice games in and play a wide variety of opponents. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hi, everyone.

I've been busy with work lately but I have had some time to start working on painting this 3d printed giant designed by Duncan Shadow. I think it seems quite nice and would recommend checking it out - the man is a wonderful digital sculptor.

20210129_140534.jpg.afb644045c7feeb69ccdbd58ad07ec5c.jpg

Here is an update on the small amount I've added to King Brodd: improving the shape of the biceps, lats, and starting the forearms.
20210129_140659.jpg.4ac95a08070c4632a864f12dc5b834a7.jpg

Hope everyone is done well!

Edited by EasyArmy
  • Like 2

Hi there,

I've searched a lot but I didn't find a precise answer: what is the height of the mega gargant model and the gargant model, from feet to top of the head? (in short, how tall are the models?). I don't have the mean to buy them but I'd like to try the army, at least with some printed models...

9 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Hi there,

I've searched a lot but I didn't find a precise answer: what is the height of the mega gargant model and the gargant model, from feet to top of the head? (in short, how tall are the models?). I don't have the mean to buy them but I'd like to try the army, at least with some printed models...

I believe the mega gargant is 19 cm tall and the regular gargant is about 11 cm tall.

• Thanks 1

I see a lot of love for the taker tribe in tournament lists.

Is there a perticular reason for this?

If making a mega tanky is the point, isn't the stomper tribe cestus a better call?

Apart from that, the breaker tribe seems more dangerous than the others for me.

7 hours ago, kozokus said:

If making a mega tanky is the point, isn't the stomper tribe cestus a better call?

The name of the game is objectives. A single mega counting as 30 models means that the opponent, in almost all situations, has to kill the giant to take the objective. You can build around survivability or damage, but they won't help win objectives.

3 hours ago, Latty said:

The name of the game is objectives. A single mega counting as 30 models means that the opponent, in almost all situations, has to kill the giant to take the objective. You can build around survivability or damage, but they won't help win objectives.

Sure. But how many times the extra 10/5 model matter. In all my games, with or against it mattered only once. Rarely an opponent can put 21 models on an objective where only one big stand. 

Small gargants counting as 15 models instead of 10 is also thing to remember during objective game. Often enemies leave some small size units to protect their objectives. I have often used retreat from combat with another unit with mancrushers to just tag an objective and steal it from 10 man units + heroes sitting on them. This wouldn't be possible with other tribes.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:52 AM, kozokus said:

I agree I think breaker with +1 vs heroes and wizards is best. Horses for courses though if others prefer taker. The other comment above is correct 20-30 isn’t that meaningful but 10-15 can be. However I think breaker ability to snipe key buff heroes swings it. If you kill more and they’re doing you less damage then that aids winning as well. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, Archibald said:

It varies. I personally prefer the 6 and 2, but what tribe you take determines what is best I feel. Stomper tribe doesn't really effect megas so more little ones are probably better. The taker tribe benefits both, so you could go either way with it. So does the breaker tribe, but the gatebreakers are the ones who need the bonus to hit more than the little ones. The breaker tribe also doesn't affect the other types of megas, so keep that in mind. 

On 2/1/2021 at 2:52 AM, kozokus said:

I believe it revolves around the kicking the objective ploy. You can probably do lots of sneaky stuff with that. I've heard people wanting to have SoB as an objective based army with little focus on damage. To that end, the takers are probably best.  I personally don't think that is a correct attitude, but I play(ed) Khorne.

I've found that the damage of a breaker tribe can be quite terrifying, as can the mancrushers in a stomper tribe (under the correct circumstances).  Mind you, I haven't played as takers or stompers yet, so I have limited experience with them. SoB can be very deadly, you just have to think harder while doing it. (mostly for tournaments where you won't get turn 4&5 generally) One mistake can sink your battleship in this army.

13 hours ago, MGeffro said:

Small gargants counting as 15 models instead of 10 is also thing to remember during objective game.

This is the reason I think a bunch of smaller giants in a taker tribe might be good. Lots of retreating, the mega tanking and kicking objectives while the mancrushers secure them. Worth a shot when I get more smaller ones. Might be boring to my Khornate brain though.

Hope everyone is staying safe out there, 

For Behemat!

• Like 2

Hello there! 

I have a question for the “Very acquisitive” taker tribe general trait: Can I take with my general 1 artifact from the “trophies taken by force” list and 1 artifact from a realm artifact? Or I am obliged to take them both from the list of "trophies taken by force"?

Ty.

1 hour ago, Red_Point said:

I have a question for the “Very acquisitive” taker tribe general trait: Can I take with my general 1 artifact from the “trophies taken by force” list and 1 artifact from a realm artifact? Or I am obliged to take them both from the list of "trophies taken by force"?

You can take from both, but because of wording, the second must be from the "trophies taken by force." (Not sure when that would matter, but that's the rule)

Edited by TheArborealWalrus

My other issue with Taker tribe is that I think it has anti synergies. 

You want to play objectives and double down on that with solo gargants and probably strong right foot for the 3d6 kick. This can be very powerful on certain battle plans. However it increases the drop count which ups the chance the opponent makes you play first. When the kraken eater really wants to play second so he can control the objective in your opponents turn 1 then kick in your turn 1 hero phase. 

Also not sure about other people but I don’t see running any item except the sandals it’s such a big  damage boost from average 4 potential dmg at -2 on a good profile to 9 potential dmg at -3  

however that’s just a thought in my mind maybe I need to go and look at common meta builds and see if many fit into the 4-6 drop range and if the increase drops really makes a difference in many matchups. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

Also not sure about other people but I don’t see running any item except the sandals it’s such a big  damage boost from average 4 potential dmg at -2 on a good profile to 9 potential dmg at -3  

Sandals are definitely good, but I also quite like Plate of Perfect Protection (Chamon artefact) for ignoring rend -1.  It's a pretty big survivability boost, if you're going all-in on "stand on objectives for enough turns".

The other one worth thinking about is Glowy Lantern.  You can cast Cogs and slow it down, then cast Mystic Shield on a second unit, so you're rerolling all saves on one Mega and saves of 1 on the other.  This is a pretty sweet combo, albeit it will cost you one Mancrusher in the list (covered by Ash on AOS Coach):

4 hours ago, Reuben Parker said:

however that’s just a thought in my mind maybe I need to go and look at common meta builds and see if many fit into the 4-6 drop range and if the increase drops really makes a difference in many matchups. 

I'd be interested to hear your analysis.  Off the top of my head: KO will outdrop you regardless, Seraphon you'll always outdrop, Tzeentch will outdrop you regardless, Fyreslayers will be in that mix, COS I'd have to see what builds are winning but I'd wager you'll outdrop them anyway, Shootcast will outdrop you regardless.  So out of the top meta armies on here, I think it's only FS where it will likely matter where you sit in the 4-6 bracket?:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/22/metawatch-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-1-list-building-with-dan-street/

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

The other one worth thinking about is Glowy Lantern.  You can cast Cogs and slow it down, then cast Mystic Shield on a second unit, so you're rerolling all saves on one Mega and saves of 1 on the other.  This is a pretty sweet combo.

I am a bit on the fence regarding this combo. It is easily disrupted if the ennemy has any form of anti magic and you are relying on a single caster with no bonus.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Superking said:

Could anyone direct to sons of behemat tournament lists? Tried to find some but couldnt. 

My Dread Stomp

Gatebreaker General with Extremely Bitter Shiny Uns (army) and Bossy Pants (Self) with Rageblade (Aqshy)

Gatebreaker

Gatebreaker

1 Unit of 3 Mancrushers 

Command Point

Total: 2k

21 hours ago, Superking said:

Could anyone direct to sons of behemat tournament lists? Tried to find some but couldnt. 

Sry but with only 4 Warscrolls Theres no real divesion for talking about tournament lists 😂

Also I think the chances to loose or win depends on the Opponents armie very strong. If you want to be very good at killing hordes, you need many Mancrusher in a Stomper Tribe. But that’s a bad list against many elite MSU armies. It’s very hard for SoB to build an Allrounder List.

Edited by Drazhoath