Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

On 11/10/2020 at 5:56 PM, Superking said:

Hey guys I'd like to check with people who built the kraken eater - is there supposed to be a gap in the net? Seems like I have it in the right position but the gap seems a bit odd. (Note I still need to glaze the bottom of the net green)

IMG_20201111_015421.jpg

That seems odd. That said, with the black background I think the gap would be almost impossible to notice.

Really nice paint job regardless, bro.

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

My FLGS has still not gotten in my Mega-Gargant after 4 weeks.  Anyone else having trouble getting one locally?  I want to support my local store whenever possible.  I think I still have a week or two of ManCrusher Gargants to paint in the mean time :)

Yeah I’m just painting my 6th then onto the two Megas. 

FAQs UP!!

"Change the first sentence of the rule to: ‘When this model makes a normal move, it can ignore models that have a Wounds characteristic of 10 or less, endless spells, magmic invocations, judgements of Khorne and terrain features that are less than 4" tall at their highest point."

"Q: Some objectives behave differently in different areas of the battlefield (e.g. ‘Battleplan: Scorched Earth 2020’ or ‘Battleplan: Border War’). Does this mean that the value of an objective can change when it’s kicked into different territories? A: Yes."

"Q: The designer’s note on ‘Mightier Makes Rightier’ states that in battleplans that do not follow the normal rules for controlling objectives, you can pick whether to use the battle trait or to follow the rules from the battleplan. Does this mean, for example, in ‘Battleplan: Places of Arcane Power’, I could choose to contest an objective with a friendly Mancrusher unit even though it does not have the Leader battlefield role? A: Yes."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had completely missed the part about the mighter makes rightier so mancrushers could stand in for leaders at objectives requirering them, which is good for a stomper clan especially if going with a 1 Warstomper and 9 mancrushers build, but in general nice to free up the megas more in such plans and being able to leave a lone mancrusher at a low risk objective for example.

42 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I had completely missed the part about the mighter makes rightier so mancrushers could stand in for leaders at objectives requirering them, which is good for a stomper clan especially if going with a 1 Warstomper and 9 mancrushers build, but in general nice to free up the megas more in such plans and being able to leave a lone mancrusher at a low risk objective for example.

also (very) good for megas in Better Part of Valour

1 hour ago, frostfire said:

It looks like the Mightier makes righter allows you to ignore special objective rule. Dose it mean for example in the  Places of Arcane Power you can capture the objective without killing the leader controlling it first?

taking an objective from an opponent is different i believe than determining control

18 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Sons of Behemat Errata.

20201118_131605.jpg

Since AoS has become a game of nitpicking, it seems crazy to me that they changed the indiviual models' abilities instead of just errata the universal "Longshanks" ability itself. So effectively the Bonegrinder is still screwed by endless spells, magmic invocations and judgements, since there is no mention of him in the errata. Maybe Forgeworld will update his warscroll? Im guessing the mercenary Mega Gargants are screwed too since they are their own thing and not specifically the dudes mentioned on page 76, 77 and 78? Seems like a potential silly oversight.  

The answer to Mightier Makes Rightier is so incredible stupid and it just opens up a lot of abuse as it is. I like the idea that you can bring your SoB to a tournament and not autolose either Places of Arcane Power or Better Part of Valor depending of your list, but there the answer given just opens up a lot of implications.

"Mightier Makes Rightier"RAW for the Designer's Note: I wish to explain that this IS abusable such that there are ways for SoB to auto-win in these types of scenarios without doing any work. 

You have free reign, most importantly no timing restrictions on when you have to declare that you choose to contest a point using scenario or SoB rules. So you can change the control rules at both the top and bottom of the same phase. In addition, there is no proximity restriction concerning where your units are or even if you control an objective in the first place. You can make the switch regardless of objective and its location.

So to put this into an example, lets use Places of Arcane Power from the Designer's Note. As a reminder, you immediately gain control of an objective if a "Leader unit from their army finishes a move within 3" of the objective", the key being phrase being "finishes a move". In your opponents first turn, before they move a Leader onto the objective in their movement phase, you can declare "hey 'dat 'un gotta 'av lots of units" and now your opponent can attempt to move any number of models with 6'' of the objective, and they can, so that they'll capture it at end of turn, instead of immediately using a Leader. Before end of turn, at any time, you declare "oy! Me changed me mind. 'Oous got ta 'ave a boss around" switching it back to the scenario's capture rules.  Since no Leader is finishing a move before the turn is over, the objective remains neutral.

Now you may be thinking, "but I thought the large and in charge rule is only how SoB can capture points?" As far as we know contesting a point is scenario wide and both players share it.  Thats gonna take another explanation by the rules committee, possibly concerning the core rules about how contesting an objective works. As of now, we've hit the equivalent of video game tearing where we fall through the environment and into the void.  

PLEASE READ: do be nice. do be fair. nobody in their right mind will like you to use this weird thing I just explained. This will get fixed. As always use common sense. Just like most casual gamers will discover,  you don't know what you don't know and this will just never come up ever. I did feel obligated to attempt an explanation for the purposes of learning, if not for AOS, then for game design in general. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, novakai said:

count less for your opponent 

mainly knife to the heart

Fortuantely in knife at least it doesn't change value as you win if you control both. Tough they could kick it alogn their whole army trampling towards yours.

• Like 1

Spoiler

20201119_141750.jpg

This still counts as Gargant related right? A lovely little plushie gargant I've had made as a tournament companion ❤️ He has functional dice pouches on his belt and a little cage / pouch to put a model in if you stuff it in yer sack 😛 

Edited by Moogypies
  • LOVE IT! 5