Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

Nobody seems to be talking about the gargant toes, it is all over the place, the Whale Biter has 3 toes, while the others got 4? bizarre!

Also not many talking about the Stomper tribes throw rocks and getting stuck in rule, as it says nothing about melee attacks only. Hitting 20+ size units with d3+2 dmg rocks is pretty alright.

The Dankhold has odd numbered toes as well, it's intentional.

3 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Nobody seems to be talking about the gargant toes, it is all over the place, the Whale Biter has 3 toes, while the others got 4? bizarre!

Also not many talking about the Stomper tribes throw rocks and getting stuck in rule, as it says nothing about melee attacks only. Hitting 20+ size units with d3+2 dmg rocks is pretty alright.

That is a great find honestly! 

Probably FAQed soon but still.

Just watched a 2k battlereport of SoB vs BCR. Not going to spoil anything but I was most surprised by SoB shooting and how much 35 wounds on a 4+ model really matters. Way more than you think. They also don't degrade as hard as I thought. The combat damage was lackluster as expected. But they can grind.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

Warscroll builder now has Sons on it :) 

Also have my first game with the big boys tonight vs OBR, can't wait still not decided which tribe to try though ^^' 

Nice one.....let us know how it goes....I used to always get battered off bonereapers so give them a good kickin 😁

27 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Nice one.....let us know how it goes....I used to always get battered off bonereapers so give them a good kickin 😁

Allegiance: Sons of Behemat
- Tribe: Breaker Tribe (Fierce Loathing: Shiny 'Uns)

Leaders
Gatebreaker Mega-Gargant (490)
- General
- Command Trait: Extremely Bitter - Bossy Pants and Clever Clogs
- Artefact: Enchanted Portcullis
Kraken-eater Mega-Gargant (490)

Battleline
3 x Mancrusher Gargants (480)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1

This is what i'll be running. Cant resist the urge to field 3 megas for their first outing, even if it may not be the right choice ^^' 

Unless anyone has a list they really want to see how it plays, if you do drop it in and I can test it out instead.

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Moogypies said:

Leaders
- General

Battleline

Extra Command Point (50)

This is what i'll be running. Cant resist the urge to field 3 megas for their first outing, even if it may not be the right choice ^^' 

Have you considered not buying the CP to get a Triumph?

5 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Have you considered not buying the CP to get a Triumph?

Not knowing the list I'm against i'm hesitant, I can at least guarantee a 6" run for the Kraken T1 to try get to middle objectives to kick back, as well as keeping a CP stashed in case the Mancrushers have -bravery around them to stop a run if one dies, or to reroll a charge.

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1

Playing against OBR should be ok as Sons, it is a very straightforward army with few surprises and the high rend on mega gargants will do a number on them. You can also grab out Hekatos models to prevent them using their commands and 6++ saves at all. They will also very rarely be able to outscore you anywhere, as few lists will have more than 1 unit of 30 or more morteks. If no Katakros they will not even get armor saves at all against Gatebreakers, so I think the matchup is good for the Gargants actually.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

Leaders
- General

Battleline

Extra Command Point (50)

Unless anyone has a list they really want to see how it plays, if you do drop it in and I can test it out instead.

Personally I think you'll get more mileage out of +2 attacks than the extra Loathing (less situational), and 12 attacks on the flail is just gross. 

1 hour ago, Izotzuhure said:

Almost done building my first Mega Gargant. Not the meatiest of them all, but I quite like the concept of Mechanical Nightmares for this army. I hope I'm not kicked out of the 'family' haha 

IMG_20201020_135042_303.jpg.994094c28d579dfb7dbcbba47d3fe8fe.jpg

EkxfWXiWAAANSPv?format=jpg

EkxfXjYW0AESEP7?format=jpg

Congrats!

It´s a good model. I´m waiting in order to see the full army.

Also I made this video for the channel. I hope you like it!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

In the old world, Giants were super inbred after they devolved from the Sky Titan, and this inbreeding (as well as the effects of chaos) made them prone to mutation. Because of this the giants had some pretty mutated bits to them. If you look at the Mancrusha Gargant models, some have 3 toes, 4 toes, normal hands, hands with 3 fingers (and a thumb), hands with 2 fingers (and a thumb), hooves, horns, and more. I guess the Mega-Gargants may be similarly inclined towards mutation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Moogypies said:

Not knowing the list I'm against i'm hesitant, I can at least guarantee a 6" run for the Kraken T1 to try get to middle objectives to kick back, as well as keeping a CP stashed in case the Mancrushers have -bravery around them to stop a run if one dies, or to reroll a charge.

Keep in mind its done in the hero phase, so really only useful to do that if you get the double turn. Certainly strong to kick it backwards and way out of reach of your opponent. I do like the triumph tbh. Reroll hits and wounds is meaty with all those high damage attacks. Reroll saves is also alright.

Just for a bit of fun i did a 1 on 1 against Gotrek with all  3 Megas (seperatly of course, and i let Gotrek fight first every time) the results.......

Kraken Eater....Draw (He fell on Gotrek and killed him at the end of the fight)

Warstompa.....Gotrek won with 2 wounds remaining (obviously his club was useless against a single non monster model)

Gate Breaker.....Absolutly battered Gotrek with 20 wounds remaining ( that flail attack is so powerful, imagine it buffed up with Gordrakks voice of Gork giving him +1 to hit)

I know its the roll of the dice but i do feel like these guys are well worth thier points value....i didnt even have any mercenary or General abilities on them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gutlord said:

I have returned from the game! It was a crushing Victory to the Sons, 41vp to 7vp. 

Will be making a little post up to describe shortly.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Game Plan was randomly rolled and was...Focal Points opposite points score move when held together, Behemoths score +1vp. 
Majorly good plan for us, for obvious reasons.

Set up was as below (We work in a rescue centre, so bowls are terrain...and we forget to bring real stuff :P )
Enemy was Petrifex Elite. 

To TLDR it

Gave up T1 to them They slowly advanced, catapult did 10 wounds to Kraken Eater (They score 3 +1 from Crawler on objective).

I go and held back Aleguzzlers, the Gatebreaker general (Painted) to secure objectives T1, moving the kraken hunter to the middle to secure that and the gatebreaker over the terrain and in position to next turn charge the mortek. Threw rocks, whiffed them all. (Score 7 due to + for behemoths)
Got Double turn

T2
Kicked Objective behind so it would be harder for them to score. Shuffled the General Gatebreaker and Kraken to the Mortek on the upper side whilst Aleguzzlers advanced forward. 

Lower Gatebreaker charges in and wipes the Horsemen out with the flail, and take 4 mortek (after FNp/Harvester revive) out with charge wounds and other attacks. Loses about 11 wounds IIRC from the remaining mortek buffed with -rend and exploding on 5's. Captures the objective.

Higher Gatebreaker charges 10 mortek guard, wipes them with flail. Misses all attacks on the Reaper. but Capture the objective. (Score 10 due to + for behemoths)

OBR responds with moving morghast into combat with the General and takes 20+ wounds off in one round of attacks (-3 rend is very Ouchy) Catapults ping a few more flat 5 damage off, but he still stands to secure points. (+0 enemy Vp)

T3- I retreat the general from morghasts as to still hold objective for this turn. (Score 10 due to + for behemoths)
OBR turn he kills him, but the kraken eater has taken his place on the objective.

From this point on, it's simply me charging remaining gargants in to maximise the enemy time stuck in combat unable to go to back objectives. They did not have the numbers to ever take back the objectives from the megas and had lost due to VP at this point regardless. 

T4- They finished killing the Mega-Gargants,  Aleguzzlers smashed the Bone Tithe Nexus. 
T5- Sons tabled by OBR.

As I say, finished 41 to 7. 

20201020_183856.jpg

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 2

I dont know what happened with the spam post making it appear three times.

But I can use it to evaluate! without making one post too long.

Rend -2 and -3 really hurt, whilst uncommon that they'll be run, those morghast where super dangerous and I couldnt do anything to stop them. 

Catapults are very scary at a flat 5 damage a piece, fortunately it's rend 0, but if you run the catapult spam list, you could be seeing an early removal of giants. 

We are...deceptively fast with decent charge rolls I had no problem covering the map turn 1. 

I was questioned on the use of a second loathing instead of +2 attacks on the flail, and from using the combo of +1 hit rolls 1/2/3/4 saves and +1 to hit rolls of heros and wizards, I felt I could confidently smash anything with the 10 attacks that pretty much always hit going from a 4+ to hit to a 3+ is incredible. Maybe different combos would work better, but I stand by the two +1 to hit for the general (against a good chunk of things) instead of + attacks. 

+1cp vs a triumph? Hands down, that garaunteed 6" run made it possible to get to the middle objective and be positioned well. with a spare CP to reroll in a later phase (Which I needed for a charge) I think the safety of it is too good to not have. 

Added a picture of turn 4 to see what kinda board destruction I managed

20201020_201842.jpg

Edited by Moogypies

43 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Just for a bit of fun i did a 1 on 1 against Gotrek with all  3 Megas (seperatly of course, and i let Gotrek fight first every time) the results.......

Warstompa.....Gotrek won with 2 wounds remaining (obviously his club was useless against a single non monster model)

Gate Breaker.....Absolutly battered Gotrek with 20 wounds remaining ( that flail attack is so powerful, imagine it buffed up with Gordrakks voice of Gork giving him +1 to hit)

I know its the roll of the dice but i do feel like these guys are well worth thier points value....i didnt even have any mercenary or General abilities on them.

And in a breaker tribe your probably going +1 to hit vs heroes & wizards making that flail even more lethal. If you add the +2 attack trait vs a character/ wizard he averages 16 at -3 from the flail never mind other attacks / impacts / ranged. 

it’s very tasty :) 

49 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Are you sure you got the rules right? Gotrek has a 3++ and reduces all damage to him TO 1, which means you'll need to make ~20-24 wounds get past his armor save to kill him

• Thanks 4

Out of interest, has anyone played any missions that isn't focal points? 

Nearly every report on gargant performance I've seen has been using focal points. 

I'm more interested in how we'll do on missions like blades edge or better part of valour or any of the other 11 missions that aren't the 1 that we have heavily skewed in our favour. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1