Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

1 minute ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

I think you guys are forgetting, that in Stomper his shooting attack can be damage 5 or 6, and his club damage 4 or 5 depending on size of target unit.

In gatebreaker, with wavey flags, he's basically hitting everything on 2+. 

Also, the auto kill a model ability is just roll greater than the wounds, not double, so 4, 5 or 6 wound models can potentially be killed. and lower wound models are much easier to kill.

Only downside is no mortals on the charge. Not sure why.

I thought I had my list sorted out and now I am not sure if I include my bonegrinder or not. 😂

Each clan only effects their related Megas, the only one he benefits from is Taker tribes 30 model count as rules. 

Just now, Pitloze said:

I expected him to gain the Mega-Gargant keyword. Maybe even gain SoB (not sure if a model can even be from two factions?). But I didn't expect him to lose Gitz.

I expected him to actually have some special interaction with SoB, I guess he had a few of the rules added to his card but nothing special. I'd wait on gitz, but the weird push for orruks is a bit bizarre.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

I think I might need to sit down and cry for a while. I got all excited that my uber big lad was going to be usable and he's been relegated to the pit of obscurity. #ripbonegrinder 

If he had Gitz keyword he would have been worth his 500 points. So many great buffs for him in the army with the right spells. And he could easily step over his Grot screen. -1 to hit against missle weapons. Teleport.... UGH!!!

4 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

If he had Gitz keyword he would have been worth his 500 points. So many great buffs for him in the army with the right spells. And he could easily step over his Grot screen. -1 to hit against missle weapons. Teleport.... UGH!!!

You can still cast Nightshroud because it targets a friendly model. #secretmeta

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/16/forge-world-bommers-and-bonegrinders/

Bonegrinder is updated.

He has an actual club! Other than that, he's bland but okay.

Edit:

No, he's junk. He has no impact hits or Hero keyword.

I think he is a very good addition in a Taker list, when you are holding objectives and you are not very offensive. Besides that he is very good killing small heroes and crushing monsters, two things that the others Big lads are awful.

32 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

Indeed, not much flavours but 3/3/-2/3 is a dang good profile 

He is doing 9 damage on average vs 4+ save. That is pretty pitiful damage for 500 pts. honestly. No impact damage to bracket another monster or add to his damage. He has the "pick a single model" which is realistically 1-2 MWs (killing a 1-2 wound model).

6 minutes ago, Kasper said:

He is doing 9 damage on average vs 4+ save. That is pretty pitiful damage for 500 pts. honestly. No impact damage to bracket another monster or add to his damage. He has the "pick a single model" which is realistically 1-2 MWs (killing a 1-2 wound model).

I think its par for the course with GW's BFG remake. These giants/SoB are utterly immersion breaking in regards to their lack of destructive power.

Edited by C0deb1ue

5 minutes ago, Kasper said:

He has the Dankhold skill, and this skill is awesome. He can slain most of the mages of the game with a 4-5+, most of the cavalry with a 3-4+. He does a job that the others are awful. I think he is a bit overcosted, as all the Mega-Gargants, but he has the skills that any other gargants don't have.

41 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

He has the Dankhold skill, and this skill is awesome. He can slain most of the mages of the game with a 4-5+, most of the cavalry with a 3-4+. He does a job that the others are awful. I think he is a bit overcosted, as all the Mega-Gargants, but he has the skills that any other gargants don't have.

At least the other Mega-Gargants are heroes and can be buffed by artefacts/traits. They also do impact MWs which can be huge against certain models. While the slain effect is great, it will rarely go off against smaller heroes with 4-6 wounds and probably best used against lower wound models to pick out a champion/banner. He doesnt have any unique rules compared to the KE that can kick objectives etc.

1 Mancrusher is doing 5 damage to a 4+ save and 2 MWs on the charge, but only for 180 pts vs 500 pts.

I could see the Bonegrinder being great at defending an objective, but ultimately I think the issue is that you have a serious lack of models on the table, so Mancrushers are IMO more interesting. I think I would rather have 3 Mancrushers than 1 Bonegrinder. The damage is significantly better, you have pretty much the same survivability but your model count is also higher. You can cover more ground with 3x1 Mancrushers too. 

Edit: Both the Mega and the Mancrushers can impact hits a 4-5 wound hero to death anyways, which is just as likely as you rolling their wound on a D6 for the Bonegrinder. Their effect is always useful however.

Edited by Kasper

9 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

I’m glad the Bonegrinder got an update but you’d never take him over Mancrushers or a secondary Mega, shame

I thought they would be angling to make him a real option due to the lack of unit choices in the army but literally no  f@~ks were given.

#willstopbeingsaltysoon

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I still can't get over how the Bonegrinder lost "Jump Up and Down" for a few neat mortal wounds. When Forgeworld made the new rules and they gave him 35 wounds, was is it that ability where they drew the line and thought "Nah, the occasional d6 MW against hordes would make him OP"?

Pic unrelated, but while we're already ranting... 😂

vbePyBt.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C0deb1ue said:

I thought they would be angling to make him a real option due to the lack of unit choices in the army but literally no  f@~ks were given.

#willstopbeingsaltysoon

That generally what happen to most FW units so it’s not surprising, they tend to be iffy at being viable in armies  

29 minutes ago, The_Dudemeister said:

I still can't get over how the Bonegrinder lost "Jump Up and Down" for a few neat mortal wounds. When Forgeworld made the new rules and they gave him 35 wounds, was is it that ability where they drew the line and thought "Nah, the occasional d6 MW against hordes would make him OP"?

Pic unrelated, but while we're already ranting... 😂

vbePyBt.jpg

Grinder has a new warscroll? 😳

I appreciate Games Workshop updating the warscroll for the Bone Grinder and the new gargantuan club attack seems powerful. Cool.

That said, I can't understand why the Bonegrinder Mega-Gargant is not considered a hero? It seems based on the lore that Mega-Gargants are by default considered heroes to their kinfolk. Seems like a very strange and unnecessarily limiting decision.

I tried searching for this, sorry if its been covered already, but is there anything preventing SoB from taking a gargant as a Merc. Obviously you would lose a command point but would you still get all the other bonus rules since the keywords are the same? Most of the merc rules were removed in the new GHB so I'm not sure if would still be considered part of the allegiance since you have the keywords. Might be worth losing a command point for say the jump up and down -1 to hit or strike last and reroll hits rules.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, twrightii said:

I tried searching for this, sorry if its been covered already, but is there anything preventing SoB from taking a gargant as a Merc. Obviously you would lose a command point but would you still get all the other bonus rules since the keywords are the same? Most of the merc rules were removed in the new GHB so I'm not sure if would still be considered part of the allegiance since you have the keywords. Might be worth losing a command point for say the jump up and down -1 to hit or strike last and reroll hits rules.

Unfortunately not allowed mercs in a SoBt army. Love the idea though. 

IMG_20201016_170232.jpg