Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

Any thoughts about how mega-G's can be used in a generic grand alliance destruction?Β  The grand alliances tend to be overlooked because the faction specific stuff is so much better, but I do wonder if there are any gold nuggets with these guys.Β  A few of the generic command traits (Might is Right and Wild Fury) and Artefacts seem like they could be put to good use on a mega-G.Β  You could also use generic battleline units that are cheap to compensate for the loss of the model count rule that is part of the Sons faction rules.Β  Just a thought...

3 hours ago, Equinox said:

Any thoughts about how mega-G's can be used in a generic grand alliance destruction?Β  The grand alliances tend to be overlooked because the faction specific stuff is so much better, but I do wonder if there are any gold nuggets with these guys.Β  A few of the generic command traits (Might is Right and Wild Fury) and Artefacts seem like they could be put to good use on a mega-G.Β  You could also use generic battleline units that are cheap to compensate for the loss of the model count rule that is part of the Sons faction rules.Β  Just a thought...

Hadn’t even thoughtΒ of that but actually quite interesting. Could do a cheap battalion as well like a Skal for screening and objectives capping. Then have two mega with items and either the +1 wound or +1 hit traits for the general are both very nice.Β 

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Having never Pre Ordered from GW before will my order arrive ON the 17th or be POSTED that day?

Having pre-ordered from GW anything from a day earlier to a week late πŸ˜…

but I’m from the Netherlands, so Shipping would be different.Β 

Edited by Kramer
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

Complaints about Longshanks not working: I might have missed this, but have people considered that it might be designed to be of use when taking as a mercenary? Allows you to walk over your own chaff screens.

Is that how it ends up working out? Yes. Was it intentional? This is GW we're talking about, so absolutely not, but they'll claim it was.

• Like 1

That's actually a really good use for them.Β  I was thinking Chaos Warriors heavy Slaves to Darkness would be a good army to have a One-Eyed Grunnock with, as they are tanky but not deadly, and the Mega can strike from behind them easily if needed, and then after splatting a horde of whatever, move onto new meals/targets.

Β 

One of the most significant problems for SoB is the fact that a single -1 hit ability will utterly cripple a mega gargant...which is 1/4 your army. Not to mention the rampant -1 hit spells out there. They should have been given a rule that allows them to ignore negative modifiers to hit or wound.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mutton said:

One of the most significant problems for SoB is the fact that a single -1 hit ability will utterly cripple a mega gargant...which is 1/4 your army. Not to mention the rampant -1 hit spells out there. They should have been given a rule that allows them to ignore negative modifiers to hit or wound.

Not so sure about that.Β 
Β 

impact hits and pickup attacks aren’t bothered. Then the only mega who hits on 4+ and thus gets the largest % damage loss is the gatebreaker who has a tribe that allows him to get +1 to hit vs certain units.Β 
Β 

for mega attacks on 3+ your losing 25% output but you still have 75% conventional damage and then impact and pickups so quite easily still going to get around 13 -Β 15 damage through a 4+ on the charge.Β 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Equinox said:

I've thought about it and mulled it over, I'd find it hard to justify two big boys in generic, as then I feel we lose a fair chunk of rules in tribesΒ that would make them better I still find 1 hard to fit in with the battleline or other units you'd want ideally.

We would have 4Β battleline options:-
Ogor Gluttons (120/400) (3/12)
Gloomspite Shootaz (120/360)Β  (20/60)
Bonesplitterz Savage Orks (120/300) (10/30)Β 
Gloomspite Stabberz (130/360) (20/60)

Gluttons fulfil the exact same role as mancrushers at that point, and give less objective coverage since they also would not have their ogor = more models rule.Β 

Savage Orks could work well, they have a decent output if support by Dokks and Bosses, but again I Feel without the bonesplitterz traits, or artefacts and spells they're not durable enough, hurty enough or fast enough.Β 

Stabberz and Shootaz I think if you where to do it, are the best option, with a Loonboss a group of 60 archers could give out a fair few mortal wounds, but then again I'd rather plop them in Gloomspite and Merc in a gargant with bonus rules sinceΒ gloomspite have a fairly decent CP generation to offset the negatives. Netters combined with the -1 to hit from the warstompa merc if you can throw them into the same combats gives him a bit more survivability.Β 
Β 

Edited by Moogypies

5 hours ago, Mutton said:

Nurgle πŸ˜“

• Like 1

I think you guys are forgetting, that in Stomper his shooting attack can be damage 5 or 6, and his club damage 4 or 5 depending on size of target unit. *EDIT: Only affects manchrushers, ignore this excitementΒ πŸ˜‚).

In gatebreaker, with wavey flags, he's basically hitting everything on 2+.Β 

Also, the auto kill a model ability is just roll greater than the wounds, not double, so 4 or 5Β wound models can potentially be killed. and lower wound models are much easier to kill.

Only downside is no mortals on the charge. Not sure why.

I thought I had my list sorted out and now I am not sure if I include my bonegrinder or not.Β πŸ˜‚

Edited by Tropical Ghost General

1 minute ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

I think you guys are forgetting, that in Stomper his shooting attack can be damage 5 or 6, and his club damage 4 or 5 depending on size of target unit.

In gatebreaker, with wavey flags, he's basically hitting everything on 2+.Β 

Also, the auto kill a model ability is just roll greater than the wounds, not double, so 4, 5 or 6 wound models can potentially be killed. and lower wound models are much easier to kill.

Only downside is no mortals on the charge. Not sure why.

I thought I had my list sorted out and now I am not sure if I include my bonegrinder or not.Β πŸ˜‚

No, the Stomper rules are only for Mancrushers and the Braker are only for Mancrushers and Gatebreakers.