Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

13 minutes ago, Mutton said:

They're all junk save for the cestus.

Cowl - Rerolling 1s to wound against heroes and all wounds against the general...this is nothing. Too specific. Why isn't this just flat rerolling wounds??? You know, like almost every other artifact in the game will do for you. When the enemy knows you have this he's just going to keep heroes away from the dude. You don't have many models, so it won't be hard to do.
MogJaws - Rerolling 1 hit, wound, or save die per phase isn't going to affect anything enough to be significant. Almost nothing gained.
Lantern - So you can make a giant a level 1 wizard with no unique spells. Okay? To what end? So you can maybe mystic shield or arcane bolt something? Half of the other wizards in the game are going to easily unbind you---some automatically.Β It's a good premise for an artifact, but unless it's giving him multiple casts, bonuses to cast, etc...it's effectively useless.
Β 

Well, you can try to cast the Cogs with the Lantern. I think the Lantern is a fine artifact.

Edited by Nezzhil

When Sons ofΒ Behemat was teased, I decided that I wanted to make a giant army. After all, it will certainly be different from the skaven hordes Im used to. I also love spending time painting larger models, so it’s a perfect fit! Thus, behold, my very first gargant!:Β 

FE012DE7-AF3C-4996-A039-31DAEACA25AE.jpeg

9EE12557-0832-4406-872D-DE3D0A709F5C.jpeg

235B77F0-4252-4D79-B335-3AEBE8E2D726.jpeg

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Mutton said:

They're all junk save for the cestus.

Cowl - Rerolling 1s to wound against heroes and all wounds against the general...this is nothing. Too specific. Why isn't this just flat rerolling wounds??? You know, like almost every other artifact in the game will do for you. When the enemy knows you have this he's just going to keep heroes away from the dude. You don't have many models, so it won't be hard to do.
MogJaws - Rerolling 1 hit, wound, or save die per phase isn't going to affect anything enough to be significant. Almost nothing gained.
Lantern - So you can make a giant a level 1 wizard with no unique spells. Okay? To what end? So you can maybe mystic shield or arcane bolt something? Half of the other wizards in the game are going to easily unbind you---some automatically.Β It's a good premise for an artifact, but unless it's giving him multiple casts, bonuses to cast, etc...it's effectively useless.
Β 

I think your underestimating the jaws. The re rolls will be very useful with things like the death grip attack and also makes his shooting a bit more consistent. Then a single save re roll not so much but still at times it may help to shave some damage off.Β 
Β 

lantern I agree isn’t fantastic but I think it’s main use will be actually if you want the opportunity to dispel endless spells in your hero phase rather than using it for casting.Β 
Β 

cestus though as you say is best of the bunch. I hope they have a rule where every mega gargant gets an artifact.Β 

Just now, C0deb1ue said:

What on earth is the point of wasting an artifact on something that bad.Β 

My best guess is the ability to unbind a spell? But with no + to cast its really going to be hit or miss if you even get it off.

6 minutes ago, Guui said:

My best guess is the ability to unbind a spell? But with no + to cast its really going to be hit or miss if you even get it off.

There may be more in the book but that is Β a very disappointing way to represent magic in the army. Like please try a bit harderΒ GW

Indeed a more nuanced approach is generally better. However the re roll saves does seem the best of the bunch we’ve seen. I would also love a shrug even if it’s only a 6+.Β 
Β 

Even if the lantern does allow all a wizards actions it is still going to be on the weaker end once you factor in most armies bringing some form of anti magic. Magic in general is best as an overload stratagey.Β 

Powergaming to defeat Longshanks: for every unit build one extra model with a very long 4 inch weapon pointing upwards or a really tall hat.Β  Worried about line of sight? Ok - RAW, nothing on your army list says you have to use the exact same models against non SoB armies.

Edited by a74xhx
Ignore this. I can't read

2 minutes ago, a74xhx said:

Powergaming to defeat Longshanks: for every unit build one extra model with a very long 4 inch weapon pointing upwards or a really tall hat.Β  Worried about line of sight? Ok - RAW, nothing on your army list says you have to use the exact same models against non SoB armies.

It’s 4” terrain features models can be 20 feet high as long as less than 10 woundsΒ