Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

On 10/8/2020 at 4:00 PM, PlasticCraic said:

I've done an article on 3rd Party Giants that you might be interested in:

https://plasticcraic.blog/2020/10/07/third-party-giants-spectacular/

I've already had a lot of great suggestions for other Giants to include, so I'll be doing a follow up article too.

And a follow-up, with some cool minis that other people have suggested too!

https://plasticcraic.blog/2020/10/09/third-party-giants-biggerer-and-betterer/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I am very very interested to face off my 5 Stonehorn/1 Thundertusk army against a gargant army!  And then perhaps....buying a gargant army?  Can't think of a more exciting and shortest possible game than that :D

The counting as more models for objectives is sooooo key; I'm worried and happy that those SoBs got that rule.

1vs1 I think a FloSH with Ethereal Amulet and metal cruncher could have maybe won. Right now, with all their rend, I think a gargant will win.

Rest of the Ogor monsters won't stand a chance.

Personally I'm super curious what will happen to the Bonegrinder. Is there any info regarding him floating around?

11 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

Personally I'm super curious what will happen to the Bonegrinder. Is there any info regarding him floating around?

I'll be surprised if he does get moved across. If he does, I doubt he'll be worth it:

* Assuming he's going to stay at 400 (due to GHB2020) which makes him an odd fit points wise.

* All the allegiance rules we've seen explicitly effect only MEGA-GARGANT or MANCRUSHER keywords. So he's not going to benefit any of that, unless they all get added to his warscroll (which I doubt) or he gets MEGA-GARGANT keyword (which I also doubt). Crucial is the counts as multiple models for objectives.

However, if he does get a rewritten/boosted warscroll and he keeps GLOOMSPITE GITZ keyword (without splitting into two totally different warscolls like Aleguzzler and Mancrusher) then that could really boost the Gloomspite options - one boosted bonegrinder, one new mega garagant mercenary and a big horde.

I could be totally wrong though. It'd be nice to have more options.

Forgeworld models needs a total rethink and moving into the main battletomes or just be discontinued. The current method is just weird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pitloze said:

1vs1 I think a FloSH with Ethereal Amulet and metal cruncher could have maybe won. Right now, with all their rend, I think a gargant will win.

Rest of the Ogor monsters won't stand a chance.

Well since etheral amulet was let go in GHB 2020, that Frostlord better watch out.

5 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I'm seeing a single Gotrek can lay low an entire sons army : /

All the gargants need is a special rule that lets them punt DUARDIN unit's 18 inch in opposite direction when within 3 inch of a Mega-Gargant.

Edited by Pitloze
  • Haha 2

Just now, Gutlord said:

Check out some of the artifacts on warhammer community......i knew the kraken eater could be turned into a wizard with an artifact

And it is the only one good artifact.

I had great expectation with this army... I'm a bit down with all the rules, I hope at least in game I would found them better and funnier than the army looks now.

Just now, Ganigumo said:

Or Palisade, to block shooting and be an actual screen.

Aye, looking through the sub 50 point spells, that wont be hard to achieve (As seemingly he has no + to cast) Palisade seems solid also. 

BUT for artefacts, I took a step back into the GHB2020. 
Aqshy's relic gives hit rolls of 6 score 2 hits, with some gargants able to put out 10 attacks on some profiles. This MAY be a good damage boost, if nothing else is better.

13 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

I think the Ironweld Caestus is really good, rerollable saves is great. The mortal wounds are forgettable, but you're normally making a rerollable 4+ or 5+ which is a big deal, especially on someone with 35 wounds.

I agree mate, that's gonna be so hard for anything that's -1 rend or worse to take down......I can honestly see SoB being a very powerful army and that's just with the information given to us so far

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

Possibly may be worth using Emerald Lifeswarm with a caster giant to have some ok recovery added, or burning head for rerolls of 1 to hit?

Both of those were what I thought of immediately as well; I think I'd like to try to pull of some shenanigans with the Suffocating Gravetide, since with 3" range you'd be able to attack over it while keeping your giants from being hit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gutlord said:

That would be awesome if he could but I doubt it....i rekon these are just what you equip your general with

yeah, that's what I fear. and yet the article on the mercenaries specifically mentions the magic thingy hanging from his ear

12 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

The only one that's junk is the Gatebreaker one imo

They're all junk save for the cestus.

Cowl - Rerolling 1s to wound against heroes and all wounds against the general...this is nothing. Too specific. Why isn't this just flat rerolling wounds??? You know, like almost every other artifact in the game will do for you. When the enemy knows you have this he's just going to keep heroes away from the dude. You don't have many models, so it won't be hard to do.
MogJaws - Rerolling 1 hit, wound, or save die per phase isn't going to affect anything enough to be significant. Almost nothing gained.
Lantern - So you can make a giant a level 1 wizard with no unique spells. Okay? To what end? So you can maybe mystic shield or arcane bolt something? Half of the other wizards in the game are going to easily unbind you---some automatically. It's a good premise for an artifact, but unless it's giving him multiple casts, bonuses to cast, etc...it's effectively useless.

7 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

yeah, that's what I fear. and yet the article on the mercenaries specifically mentions the magic thingy hanging from his ear

yeah, it was also an aelven artifact but it gives him some other ability which means he attacks last but he re rolls I believe