Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

Feels like it's heading that direction with the Kraken-Eaters. Their intelligence is boosted by aelven artifacts, they read books and already employ a magic net.

It'd be very AoS to have the Order-aligned titan tossing spells by being associated with all the nautical & aelven elements that make up the grand allegiance (not only stuff like Deepkin and Kharadron shipping but that the fishing industry is vital to all the free cities in the realms for clean food sources).

Edit: thinking on it that would emulate the magic-user Gargants in the lore like the Azyr storm gargants with Sigmar and Aqshy Khanate guardians.

Edited by Baron Klatz

4 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Feels like it's heading that direction with the Kraken-Eaters. Their intelligence is boosted by aelven artifacts, they read books and already employ a magic net.

It'd be very AoS to have the Order-aligned titan tossing spells by being associated with all the nautical & aelven elements that make up the grand allegiance (not only stuff like Deepkin and Kharadron shipping but that the fishing industry is vital to all the free cities in the realms for clean food sources).

This could explain why he is so much worse than the other lads. Heres hoping that happens

I was so very excited for this release. Unfortunately, I think the approximate $250 Canadian price tag is a bit too much for a Mega Gargant in my books.

Really looking forward to see everyone's pictures from this forum though. Should be lots of fun and motivating.

Edited by EasyArmy
grammar error
  • Like 2

I think i will built my gargant as a mix of all three gargants. So i can field him as i wish.

The gatebreaker hood is set so maybe the krakeneater net in his right and the empty hand of the warstomper as his right? Or just exchange the flayel of the garebreaker withe the gunclub?

hmm, options...

5 minutes ago, Archibald said:

I think i will built my gargant as a mix of all three gargants. So i can field him as i wish.

The gatebreaker hood is set so maybe the krakeneater net in his right and the empty hand of the warstomper as his right? Or just exchange the flayel of the garebreaker withe the gunclub?

hmm, options...

Why stop at that, use some green stuff and make him a 3 headed mega gargant, you could say the heads argue all the time and the head currently in charge dictates the army type ;) Of course that needs to be shown, so the leader will wear a tattered top hat, this top hat you could magnetize to indicate which head is in charge of your army!

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 4

12 minutes ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

LqdJEQ0Jzs679Dqp.jpg

VXX2gJ7bROuK9Rsu.jpg

It seems the mercenaries are specific named gargants and the rules we have seen before on the FB posts are unique for these named variants. Probably a way to make up for the lack of allegiance abilities they get in a pure sons army, but it does take a hit for the "regular" mega gargants if fx the warstomper does not have the Shake the earth ability like the named merc has, which is a rather nice ability. The ability does specifically name him :

Hseo3dzoDQ1fj0Az-500x303.jpg

This one seems to be the most impactful by far too, but there might be more to the warscrolls yet and the non named versions might have similar tricks, like the difference between Gordrakk and a regular Mawkrusha Megaboss for example.

I am curious if you will be able to take any destruction factions as allies in a Sons list.  If I am doing the match correctly, the most expensive Sons (max models) build is 1950, which leaves enough to buy 1 CP.  The cheapest build (max models) is 1920.  It is not difficult to cut a mancrusher to open the list up to adding an allied wizard or a couple of chaff units.  

I do like the mercenary rules, but the limitation on which mega-g a grand alliance can take is a bit annoying.  

9 minutes ago, Equinox said:

I am curious if you will be able to take any destruction factions as allies in a Sons list.  If I am doing the match correctly, the most expensive Sons (max models) build is 1950, which leaves enough to buy 1 CP.  The cheapest build (max models) is 1920.  It is not difficult to cut a mancrusher to open the list up to adding an allied wizard or a couple of chaff units.  

I do like the mercenary rules, but the limitation on which mega-g a grand alliance can take is a bit annoying.  

GHB 2020 showed us that Sons have no allies

39 minutes ago, Scotian Giant said:

GHB 2020 showed us that Sons have no allies

There is still a possibility that not all the information were in the GHB2020. For instance, where are the points for the named version of the Gargants (the mercenaries)? At the end of today's article there this footnote

image.png.607dfaf2e21ed0a0170b5b1623d060a5.png

Now this might as well be them writing "as if" the tome had been released before the GHB2020 (as it should have been?) but who knows

Just now, Marcvs said:

There is still a possibility that not all the information were in the GHB2020. For instance, where are the points for the named version of the Gargants (the mercenaries)? At the end of today's article there this footnote

Now this might as well be them writing "as if" the tome had been released before the GHB2020 (as it should have been?) but who knows

This is correct, but as for now I'm not expecting them to have any allies. Still holding out for battalions and named mega's points though

6 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I really doubt they'll be any increase over the standard ones. But we'll have to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

I really doubt they'll be any increase over the standard ones. But we'll have to wait and see.

It might be counterintuitive but I was actually thinking of the contrary: they might cost less (I know, there's no precedent for a named version to be cheaper than the standard one) since they loose so much without the allegiance abilities -then again, their warscroll might still surprise

5 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

It might be counterintuitive but I was actually thinking of the contrary: they might cost less (I know, there's no precedent for a named version to be cheaper than the standard one) since they loose so much without the allegiance abilities -then again, their warscroll might still surprise

If their warscrolls are the presumably the same, but with the extra rules given to them that have been shown on community over the weeks I'm actually questioning if the -1cp gain turn 1 (As per old merc rules) and possibly not counting as 20 models is a decent tradeoff for the increased offensive/defensive abilities (Rules dependant per gargant)  if we can't take them naturally. 

Edited by Moogypies

3 hours ago, Equinox said:

Max models is 9 mancrushers and one mega. For that:

Min cost is 480*4 = 1920

Max cost is 180*3 + 480 + 480 + 490 = 1990

I am very very interested to face off my 5 Stonehorn/1 Thundertusk army against a gargant army!  And then perhaps....buying a gargant army?  Can't think of a more exciting and shortest possible game than that :D

The counting as more models for objectives is sooooo key; I'm worried and happy that those SoBs got that rule.

• Haha 1