Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

Of the rules revealed, this is the one that I find the most interesting.

kGREZkYmMnUEz7gi.jpg

I agree @michu that we haven't seen the faction specific rules outside of a single hint.  I imagine it is a balancing act with these guys since any faction can take one, so the base stats need to be decent, but not great.  I suspect there is a command trait or artifact that makes one Mega-G a wizard in a Sons list.  The trait that gives a unit of Mancrushers a shooting attack is decent.  

i6a3QQxfO3T8w43o.jpg

• Like 1

Considering that they are Heroes, I'm sure the customization options will be where they really shine. These are just base stats. I bet there's a trait that grants +1 damage on the club etc.

Something to note, when fighting blocks of infantry, the Warstomper will always be making 10 attacks.

6 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Considering that they are Heroes, I'm sure the customization options will be where they really shine. These are just base stats. I bet there's a trait that grants +1 damage on the club etc.

Something to note, when fighting blocks of infantry, the Warstomper will always be making 10 attacks.

This is a nice, and the additional attacks will really force opponents to only send hordes after him. as I dont see many characters or monsters that would want to face him on his own.

12 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Well, all of them will outlive a FloSh in direct confrontation. For only 80-90 p more.

True, but 80-90 points isn't a trivial amount. being on a 4+ save certainly isn't doing anything for their bulk.

14 minutes ago, michu said:

Dissapointing, but because it's "we did it before knowing allegiance abilities, artefacts, command and battle traits for this army" mathammer.

Comparing warscrolls is relevant, especially with their ability to be allied into other armies. The biggest issue with these guys is the amount of d3 and d6 damage attacks, making them very inconsistent.

3 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Yeah, Monsters count as +4 for the Warstomper too, so he's probably the toughest to bracket. Hopefully the allegiance abilities and customization options can turn it up a notch (and they probably will) but the probable lack of battalions may limit our ability to kit them out.

Hopefully the krakeneater gets something to help him out, as his damage is noticeably lower.

2 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Comparing warscrolls is relevant, especially with their ability to be allied into other armies. The biggest issue with these guys is the amount of d3 and d6 damage attacks, making them very inconsistent.

The issue is that we have only seen statline and one warscroll ability for each - such units always have much more special rules. For now mathammering SoB is like watching elephant through keyhole, seeing only its trunk and saying "elephants are snake-like creatures".

• Haha 3

Just now, a74xhx said:

What other units in AoS have -3 rend?  Struggling to remember of any right now.

Rend -3 is fairly crazy - wipes out the saves for anything 4+ or worse. That's a large chunk of AoS units that have no save against us.

As someone who uses Rockguts with Moonface Mommet for -3 rend, denying the enemy the chance to save any of your big damage attacks is really good.

Like the Stonehorns, we may find they get +1 damage on the charge.

Just now, a74xhx said:

What other units in AoS have -3 rend?  Struggling to remember of any right now.

Rend -3 is fairly crazy - wipes out the saves for anything 4+ or worse. That's a large chunk of AoS units that have no save against us.

I think one of the KO ship guns can have rend 3, and there's an ironjawz artifact that gives it for one turn I think, as well as the aleguzzler 'eadbutt, but in general its pretty rare, and very limited.

Won't help us vs HGB though 😅

All I can say is WOW! These warscrolls are even better than I predicted.....35 wounds! 

The damage on the clubs is awesome I think....yeah its only damage 2 but its obviously focused on a more unique and fun way to play (and giants have always been about having a laugh). I'd rather have loads of interesting rules to go through then come to the conclusion you've done 15 wounds to a stonehorn than have 3 attacks at damage 5 go through

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

D3 are not that inconsistent, D6 however are, but those gargants have only 1 such attack. With lot of (mostly 3+ to hit) attacks they are actually pretty consistent. This consistency is increased by high rend, though as noted earlier their damage is unimpressive (achievable by 250-300 point units)

1 hour ago, michu said:

The issue is that we have only seen statline and one warscroll ability for each - such units always have much more special rules. For now mathammering SoB is like watching elephant through keyhole, seeing only its trunk and saying "elephants are snake-like creatures".

I have to disagree, how much more can you have beside warscrolls? It`s base upon which other rules are than added, maybe SoB are some sort of exception that gains additional 75-100% efficiency but I highly doubt it. I usually dislike early doom-saying, but that is because in my experience people don`t even do math, and sorta eyeball warscrolls as beyond any hope, not too mention that there are many unrealeased warscrolls at such stage. Here however we have quite possibly all warscroll rules, and math adds up. It`s not that people expect Megas too smash Seraphon, KO, OBR whoever, it just looks like they will have problems with even weak units and armies.

Right now f.ex you can throw cheap infantry, hold each one for 1-2 turns (or just sacrifice chaff), and with other half of your army take objectives. GW decision to put lot of 2 dmg attacks on them wrecks them vs. Coalesced Seraphon to such degree that this may be actually almost impossible matchup.

Maybe their capability to still deliver damage when wounded vs other armies will help them, full army would be 140 wounds that`s not small

Was looking on Kraken Eater ability since he does less damage, than wrote 250 words about possibly sometimes breaking coherency of enemy. Than I realised that you do ability after pile-in so enemy, even if halved will remove casaulties from normal attacks from one of halves reducing impact of this ability.

Anyway table of results of Stuff`em:

Kraken Eater (STUFF EM)

NO KILLS

1 KILL

2 KILLS

3 KILLS

1 WOUND

7%

39%

35%

19%

2 WOUND

29%

46%

21%

4%

3 WOUND

70%

26%

3%

0%

'Thunderstomp: At the end of the combat phase, roll a dice for each enemy model within 3" of a Mega-Gargant. On a 5+ that model's unit suffers 1 mortal wound.'

'Immense Bulk: Add 2 to save rolls against attacks with a damage characteristic of 1.'

'Goaded Rage: Add 1 to the attacks characteristic of a Mega-Gargant's melee weapons if it suffered damage in the same turn.'

Off-the-top examples of how even a simple ability on a warscroll could have a gargantuan impact on performance. It is fun to speculate based on what we have, but any judgement should really be held until we get the full picture.

• Like 1

i can see them having abilities to reroll on hits and wound to offset some of the attack with low volume  (especially the death grip)

playing troggoth list, you be surprise how often you can whiff attack with 3s and 3s so having the ability to reroll really help

Rules look interesting but damage feels a little bit underwhelming. At the very least, they should have similar rules as ogres: MW on the charge and counting as more models for objectives. 

I feel like Destruction usually has the most balanced armies, but compare to the monstrosities you can release with other armies they end up slightly below. 

The little giants seems ok,not top level but good.

The gargants are a joke,that damage output is from 350 points models and not 450\480 as these cost.

They are cool looking but the rules are underpower and 150€ is way way too much overpriced(120 was the limit) i dont know who gonna buy them if they arent rich.  I can buy 3 black dragons for that price lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jackroks981 said:

Are we looking at the same stat line?

Compare it to  a Stardrake. It is way better. The amount of 2 damage attacks is roughly 3 times that of the stardrake. Not counting the other attacks. Stuff em in the bag is similar to cavernous jaws. And these guys have more than double the wounds.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Compare it to  a Stardrake. It is way better. The amount of 2 damage attacks is roughly 3 times that of the stardrake. Not counting the other attacks. Stuff em in the bag is similar to cavernous jaws. And these guys have more than double the wounds.

On top of that, the Ironclad costs 500 and the only thing it ups them on is transport, more than made up for by twice the wounds. Seems pretty reasonable, and we haven't seen all their abilities or command traits or anything.

Edited by Sttufe