Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

Hmmm, prices is a major issue. I get it, and was expecting in the Imperial Knight range because of the army style, but how did they rocket THAT much.

Conversion from pound to dollar puts it at $155ish. (From £120). If it's $195....why is there a $40 jump!? I don't pay attention to pound to dollar conversions, is this normal? I know the conversion rate isn't an exact measure of GW's price, but why off by this much? 

Either way, I am excited for the army. I technically have 3 giants, one from my Fantasy days and 2 other DnD minis. The official DnD giants are the right size against GW's Mancrusher. Makes the group VERY hodgepodge, but I can work with that.

I have some ideas for how this goes, but definitely want to see how the book/faction feels.

For those that don't know, GW used to make a 2 Aleguzzler/Mancrusher box. I wrestled my boxes from my pile of shame, still in shrinkwrap even because my pile runs shamefully deep. Price tag is with 20% discount, putting this box at USD $75 retail. With a reported USD $125 pricetag, that is a frankly sickening 66% price increase, same as the pound increase reported a few posts back. Who knew the pile of shame would save me some big dollars in the end?

1735059528_IMG_00221.JPG.364a62848a9500273079bb50982a2ea1.JPG356621982_IMG_00231.JPG.4c66d5d5999de44190a0667dcb345d04.JPG

• Like 3

Yeah, thought i had found one of these online for £36 but stock level was wrong!

Anyways, back to the models-

Current plan is to make obnoxious themed bases for all big bois based in the same city as my Cities of Sigmar army- Hysia. The gatecrusher will be smashinng through a stone wall, the Kraken will be on the docks with resin water etc. I believe they're archaon sized bases- 150mm?

26 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

Yeah, thought i had found one of these online for £36 but stock level was wrong!

Current plan is to make obnoxious themed bases for all big bois based in the same city as my Cities of Sigmar army- Hysia. The gatecrusher will be smashinng through a stone wall, the Kraken will be on the docks with resin water etc. I believe they're archaon sized bases- 150mm?

My guess is that they will be on the 160mm pie plate that Archaon, Alarielle, etc. are on.  

4 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Conversion from pound to dollar puts it at $155ish. (From £120). If it's $195....why is there a $40 jump!? I don't pay attention to pound to dollar conversions, is this normal? I know the conversion rate isn't an exact measure of GW's price, but why off by this much? 

Yes, an arbitrary "not in the UK tax" is normal for GW products, just ask Australians. 

Simple fact is they've been doing it for a long time and people keep paying it.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

5 hours ago, PC Veteran said:

Looking at the spur. It looks like the Gatebreaker’s hood could be left off. So maybe you could get 4 somewhat distinct heads.

They have talked so much about "customization" but I am really not seeing where? It can build 3 specific variants, but it does not appear to favor mixing these parts and there is only a single leg pose possible, GW just always show them from different angles to attempt to hide this a bit. I am not saying they are not cool, but it does really seem the whole customization part of the PR is overblown. 

The small gargant actually seems to have more parts to mix and match than the big ones does, which is more a multi kit than a customizable kit. In that case the flesh eaters crypt horrors kit is the most brilliant kit in all of warhammer ;)

Too bad about the pricing. Was on the fence about a full sons army or realizing the dream of archaon and varanguards, but after seeing I could get archaon, varanguards and basically another entire new army for the same price, I went with everchosen and will probably have a single warstomper join him around christmas time as a present to myself ;)

11 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

Judging by the size comparison i guess they will be on 130 mm bases. The base is roughly the same width as old gargant height. 

3 hours ago, a74xhx said:

Take with large amounts of salt, but, 2nd hand rumor.... Latest Honest Wargamer video says the Megas are 35 wounds each.  (Not watched video myself to confirm as it's almost 2 hours). 

I watched the video, at around 28min in, he says it multiple times. Here's hoping he is correct

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

As excited as I am to get the new kit, I can't but help think about the future. Especially the potential for FW to produce some upgrade kits.

The Siege Giant from FW (sadly OOP) is a good example of something they could do, either theming kits based on armies or even realms. Other examples are the Imperial Knights or Lord of Skulls upgrade kits.

Look at how how the original Imperial Knight kickstarted a whole host of upgrades, variants and even new designs. 

Hmmm not liking the low volume of attacks with D6 to D3 damage, never goes well when playing games. Looks like majority of there damage comes from either their club or special instant kill ability.  So basically there a lot of unreliability and swingle-ness in them like in Gloomspite

at least they can’t be ones shoted by Archeon or Nagash 

Time for disappointing mathhammer.

Krakeneater
5.93 with club
1.4 with stomp
1.94 with grab
total dams=9.27
grabs d3 models, need to roll double the wounds

1.33 with rocks

Warstomper
1.94 with grab
2.96 with stomps
.74 * number of attacks +4 maxes at 10.
2.96-7.4
total dams=  (max)12.3
Grabs a model, need to roll double wounds but get +2

Gatebreaker
1.4 with stomp
1.94 with grab
10 with flail
total dams=13.34
2.22 with rocks

Mancrusher
eadbutt 1.33
club 2.96
0.74 damage
total dams=5.03

rocks ability .83 *3=2.4

FLOSH
3.56 frostspear
.67 punches and kicks
6 rock hard horns
2.59 hooves
total dams=12.82

This is all against a 4+ save, and with the highest profile. The winner seems to be Mancrushers, as their charge ability can do 3d3 mortal wounds. The frostlord will do noticeably more damage if it gets a charge off, probably closer to 14-15, since the mount's damage increases by a flat 1.

It looks like we can expect around 13 damage from each, but the Gatebreaker and Mancrushers are looking to be the most consistent damage dealers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Time for disappointing mathhammer.

Krakeneater
5.93 with club
1.4 with stomp
1.94 with grab
total dams=9.27
grabs d3 models, need to roll double the wounds

1.33 with rocks

Warstomper
1.94 with grab
2.96 with stomps
.74 * number of attacks +4 maxes at 10.
2.96-7.4
total dams=  (max)12.3
Grabs a model, need to roll double wounds but get +2

Gatebreaker
1.4 with stomp
1.94 with grab
10 with flail
total dams=13.34
2.22 with rocks

Mancrusher
eadbutt 1.33
club 2.96
0.74 damage
total dams=5.03

rocks ability .83 *3=2.4

FLOSH
3.56 frostspear
.67 punches and kicks
6 rock hard horns
2.59 hooves
total dams=12.82

This is all against a 4+ save, and with the highest profile. The winner seems to be Mancrushers, as their charge ability can do 3d3 mortal wounds. The frostlord will do noticeably more damage if it gets a charge off, probably closer to 14-15, since the mount's damage increases by a flat 1.

It looks like we can expect around 13 damage from each, but the Gatebreaker and Mancrushers are looking to be the most consistent damage dealers. 

Well, all of them will outlive a FloSh in direct confrontation. For only 80-90 p more.

• Like 1