Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Where were you able to pick one up!? I'm still waiting for my shipment from Element Games from June!!

There's been one in my local store for 3 weeks i've been umming and aaa'ing about, do I need another. Todays trip i bit the bullet and said, yes, yes I do.

Cyberpunk theme went out the window already, making a mini kraken eater instead.20200930_185513.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

54 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

There's been one in my local store for 3 weeks i've been umming and aaa'ing about, do I need another. Todays trip i bit the bullet and said, yes, yes I do.

Cyberpunk theme went out the window already, making a mini kraken eater instead.20200930_185513.jpg

That looks amazing, man. I wish I had your skills.

Beautiful work!

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

A Squid Muncher!! Awesome work mate.

20200930_201208.jpg

Now with cannon reinforced pole (thank goodness I have these ship bits and cannons lying around!), just like his big brother :) He's An Eel Eater, he's got half a munched idoneth eel tied to his waist out of view.

Now I feel like I have to do a minigargant of the other two types ^^'

Whilst fitting bits I also found my beastgrave terrain skull (which looks exactly like brodds!) was crazy big for an aleguzzler hoping it fits a mega so that I could make a proper big king brodd in time :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gutlord said:

Well I imagine we're going to be seeing a mega gargant  warscroll pretty soon.....ive been looking at the bone grinder warscroll and for 400 pts you get quite a powerful unit......cant wait to see what these 590 pt monsters bring to the party. I mean we gotta be talking at least 20 wounds each with some serious hitting power.....I'm saying damage 6 on club attacks when taken 0-4 wounds 💪

I thought they were 490 or 480?  I recall seeing those points somewhere, and it allows for 3 single little gargants and one of each mega version at 2000 points.  

The bracketing will be key for the success of the army.  I can't imagine them having better than a 4+ armor, but I bet they'll have at least a 6++ with tough skin or something.  I also would be they'll count as at least 10 models for objective purposes.

I think GW went the right way in very limited use of them as mercenaries for the other Grand Alliances.  Also kinda makes lore sense that at least Chaos and Order can't go willy nilly with them since Archaon set Behemat's demise in motion, which Stormcasts carried out.  Still I see myself magnetizing some various helmets and weapons to make one versatile to go with either my Beasts of Chaos or my Mawtribes.  Guess I won't be buying any Fellwater Troggoths for a while then....

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I thought they were 490 or 480?  I recall seeing those points somewhere, and it allows for 3 single little gargants and one of each mega version at 2000 points.  

Yeah your right mate.....dont know where I got 590 from (maybe a preminition of king brodd from the 2021 GHB 😄)

Still 90 points more than a bone grinder..... will be interesting to see those stats

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moogypies said:

That looks mint mate....great sculpting with the green stuff 👏

6 hours ago, Gutlord said:

Yeah your right mate.....dont know where I got 590 from (maybe a preminition of king brodd from the 2021 GHB 😄)

Still 90 points more than a bone grinder..... will be interesting to see those stats

I wonder if they'll jack up the points of the Bonegrinder then, or maybe make his warscroll better.....if that's even possible.

I've played with a Bonegrinder in Ogors and Gitz for a while, and his performance is pretty terrible for his points. I'd like to see a warscroll re-write or a points drop for him, but judging from their history with Forgeworld models that's a pretty slim chance.

1 hour ago, Eulailah said:

I've been thinking about this for a while, but is it confirmed that the Sons of Behemat will only have giants as unit? Would be cool if you could take any behemoth of any other army, since they should also be "sons of Behemat".

Only Gargants are children of Behemat. Behemoths are a different unit/thing.

48 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The Kraken Eater photo from Facebook for those interested.

Only 3 more days till the hopeful announcement for pre-orders in 9 more days for a massive 16 days till release (I hope!) 😧
Count down the days like it's christmas boys and girls.

Edited by Moogypies
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

Only 3 more days till the hopeful announcement for pre-orders in 9 more days for a massive 16 days till release (I hope!) 😧
Count down the days like it's christmas boys and girls.

Mate I've been counting since that Old World tease in November!! Haha but seriously only 16 days away is insane to think about!!

Latest Art piece, with the comment yesterday about kit possibilities am I hoping too much for a rock thrower 😮I know they can only do art for 3 mega gargants so much so variety in art will be needed, but the left hand one has no similarities with any current gargant, whereas the right still has the features of a Warstompa with the armoured loincloth, with the flail of the Gate.

On that note has anyone thought about mixing the armour types on their big boys? I.E Kraken eaters armour with the head/weapon loadout of the Gate? Surely it's the weapons that make the gargant in terms of WYSIWYG (Unless rules for the armour of the Stomper gets a rule or something) 

gargants.jpg

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

4 hours ago, Moogypies said:

On that note has anyone thought about mixing the armour types on their big boys? I.E Kraken eaters armour with the head/weapon loadout of the Gate? Surely it's the weapons that make the gargant in terms of WYSIWYG (Unless rules for the armour of the Stomper gets a rule or something) 

I think mixing is 100% fine, particularly as we now have multiple cases of art showing different heads and accoutrements, e.g. dude without a beard but with the warstomper's big tusks on his back. This is no different to, like, Blood Warrior heads on regular khornate chaos warriors.

Pragmatically with only 2-4 of these guys on the table at any one time, it really shouldn't be hard for anyone playing in good faith to remember that this dude's X, this dude's Y once it's been pointed out.