Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

120215863_15108340324msjyt.jpg

Jump up and down attacks :D 

1 hour ago, Gutlord said:

So the megas have "jump up and down".....brings back 8th edition memories. Starting to get excited now.

Also love the paint scheme on that warstompa gargant....I'm gonna be giving mine a ginger beard for sure

26 minutes ago, Fellman said:

"if this model made any Jump Up and Down attacks earlier" so he can use a different attacks instead? i hope he has "pick up and..." "swing whit club" and "yell and brwal"120215863_15108340324msjyt.jpg

One Eyed Grunnock!! Absolutely loving these character driven Megas!! I've always loved a red beard (biased to my own) but his paint scheme is incredible and over the Bad Moon that they have Jump up and down!!

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

yep it looks like we have to wait another week (and three weeks for them to actually get our hands on them) but it all good

Unfortunately so, we all had the feeling it was coming as soon as those 40K sheets were leaked I feel. No worries though as we have next weekend and week to look forward to as theyll announce pre orders for the 10th!! Hopefully we get at least 3 articles before the Sons drop on their long awaited 17th release day!! 

27 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

120294710_1513244105539044_6365099378585628087_o.jpg.fd6fcd0e79e55262ad888f67e5670e5d.jpg

And theres the last of the mercenaries....very nice (bet you can get a lot of skaven around that big ****** base)

So when it was announced that mega gargants can ally with all armies in AOS, dose that mean that the only way for, let's say bonereapers for example, to have a mega gargant is to have big drogg fort kicka in thier lists......as in only sons of behemat and possibly other destruction forces can use a default mega gargant in thier lists?

4 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

And theres the last of the mercenaries....very nice (bet you can get a lot of skaven around that big ****** base)

So when it was announced that mega gargants can ally with all armies in AOS, dose that mean that the only way for, let's say bonereapers for example, to have a mega gargant is to have big drogg fort kicka in thier lists......as in only sons of behemat and possibly other destruction forces can use a default mega gargant in thier lists?

All the mercenaries are usables for Destruction armies too.

So Order, Death and Chaos get a max of one behemat (as they are named leaders!).

But Destruction might be able to have all 3!  Unless there is an extra restriction we don't know of.

Looks like 40+40+20 stabbas + 3 gargants might be possible after all!

Edited by a74xhx

21 minutes ago, Pitloze said:

I'm alone in thinking the gate breaker ability is not that good?

We have to remember these are just added little abilities unique to each Alliance. We've yet to see the full lists of the Megas so in conjunction with other parts of the lists they could end up being very useful.

Another thing to remember and I dont mean to sound rude, is that the Megas are a Mercenary unit and they are optional. The Sons of Behemat are their own army and GW could have of chosen not to allow them to ally with anyone but Destruction if they wished.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

We have to remember these are just added little abilities unique to each Alliance. We've yet to see the full lists of the Megas so in conjunction with other parts of the lists they could end up being very useful.

Another thing to remember and I dont mean to sound rude, is that the Megas are a Mercenary unit and they are optional. The Sons of Behemat are their own army and GW could have of chosen not to allow them to ally with anyone but Destruction if they wished.

The jump up and down seems pretty good. A -1 to hit is always nice. And a better chance at getting it even better. Anti horde that works on 6's just falls flat most of the time. Especially if it has to happen with such a small radius.

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

120406682_3293873937366024_6574244016335180580_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=XzcePI7BlIcAX8BJi-h&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=7b32dd5e027265c2a6a5605d8cce932e&oe=5F97E022

Some lovely Art. Look at how big those big boys are ❤️ Those prosecutors in the back just make me think of attack on titan though :D

That's the new Desktop Background.

cool artwork

yeah even the background and town building structure reminds me of the first act of Attack on Titan

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

120406682_3293873937366024_6574244016335180580_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=XzcePI7BlIcAX8BJi-h&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=7b32dd5e027265c2a6a5605d8cce932e&oe=5F97E022

Some lovely Art. Look at how big those big boys are ❤️ Those prosecutors in the back just make me think of attack on titan though :D

God this artwork has me so hyped for the Battletome and its definitely giving me Attack On Titan vibes and I'm living for it!!

Man. I wish I could get behind these guys. I love the idea of few, hyper-elite models just rampaging around the board, but I cannot stand GW's art style when it comes to giants. Making them have such fat stomachs and dopey heads.. I wish they weren't so comical in their look. It's a real shame. I'm happy for those that do enjoy them, though :)

16 hours ago, Moogypies said:

This is just pure fangasm! I love everything about that picture. Look at those dynamicly moving stormcast. Give us these poses for Stormcasts GW so my Gargants can break them.😄

• Like 3

Picked up yet another giant, our group has a 48 hours started collecting challenge this weekend coming with a theme of cyberpunk so, I'll have to bash him up to fit the theme in some way. 1 Gargant counts as a start collecting set right? :P This will be gargant #14 of the collection.

Edited by Moogypies

Well I imagine we're going to be seeing a mega gargant  warscroll pretty soon.....ive been looking at the bone grinder warscroll and for 400 pts you get quite a powerful unit......cant wait to see what these 590 pt monsters bring to the party. I mean we gotta be talking at least 20 wounds each with some serious hitting power.....I'm saying damage 6 on club attacks when taken 0-4 wounds 💪

On 9/29/2020 at 4:33 PM, Moogypies said:

Just wanted to point out, that the body of the gargant on the left looks like a warstomper but his club is packed wirh canons like the krakeneater ones.

2 hours ago, Moogypies said:

Picked up yet another giant, our group has a 48 hours started collecting challenge this weekend coming with a theme of cyberpunk so, I'll have to bash him up to fit the theme in some way. 1 Gargant counts as a start collecting set right? :P This will be gargant #14 of the collection.

Where were you able to pick one up!? I'm still waiting for my shipment from Element Games from June!!

1 hour ago, Gutlord said:

Well I imagine we're going to be seeing a mega gargant  warscroll pretty soon.....ive been looking at the bone grinder warscroll and for 400 pts you get quite a powerful unit......cant wait to see what these 590 pt monsters bring to the party. I mean we gotta be talking at least 20 wounds each with some serious hitting power.....I'm saying damage 6 on club attacks when taken 0-4 wounds 💪

He‘s reeeeeally swingy, same as the Aleguzzler. I wonder if a whole army of swinginess could work. Or how they will make them more reliable.

Another problem is the degrading wounds system. They have to balance it so that the effectiveness of the whole army is not halved after every Gargant has just taken a few wounds.

Edited by Beastmaster