Sons of Behemat Discussion πŸ‘£

Gareth πŸ„

19 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

That's just what I was thinking mate, not everyone enjoys hacking thier models to bits and chucking green stuff all over them so it would make sense to have additional parts.....or....wait a minute.......ok, what about if the 3 mega gargants we've seen are destruction/order models,Β then last minute they show us a chaos/death box set allowing 3 additional models!Β 

I will never financially recover from this...

Mate if they did that I would lose my ****** mind!!

• Haha 1

I am certainly hoping for more kits but considering the special character is the leftmost variant (pic below)Β  of the gargant already revealed I think the following:

The middle one looks to have some chaos bits (see loincloth)/mutations so would work for a chaos special character gargant.

The right one have an executionerΒ hood, gravestone and skulls, so would work great as a death inspired gargant special character.

That would mean 3 mercenary special characters for order/destruction, chaos and death, totalling 8Β warscrolls in the battletome (if nothing new is revealed or a special character for SoB isn't released). What do you think?

Some close ups availableΒ here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/18/warhammer-preview-3-revenge-of-the-previewgw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

sons of behemat new 3

Edited by KratosvonCarstein

4 minutes ago, KratosvonCarstein said:

I am certainly hoping for more kits but considering the special character is the leftmost variant (pic below)Β  of the gargant already revealed I think the following:

The middle one looks to have some chaos bits (see loincloth)/mutations so would work for a chaos special character gargant.

The right one have an executionerΒ hood, gravestone and skulls, so would work great as a death inspired gargant special character.

That would mean 3 mercenary special characters for order/destruction, chaos and death, totalling 7 warscrolls in the battletome (if nothing new is revealed or a special character for SoB isn't released). What do you think?

Some close ups availableΒ here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/18/warhammer-preview-3-revenge-of-the-previewgw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

sons of behemat new 3

If they do go with 3 named Characters as you said, plus 3 standard Megas, we also have the Aleguzzler and then the Aleguzzler variant the Mancrusher bringing our total to at least 8 Warscrolls.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

If they do go with 3 named Characters as you said, plus 3 standard Megas, we also have the Aleguzzler and then the Aleguzzler variant the Mancrusher bringing our total to at least 8 Warscrolls.

Ah yes, is it confirmed that the Aleguzzler will get an updated warscroll in addition to the mancrusher? That would be amazing!

Edited by KratosvonCarstein

1 hour ago, ThereMightBeGiants said:

Don't forget the Bonegrinder! Hopefully he is included in the book.

Β 

1 hour ago, Moogypies said:

Well he almost certainly won't be in the book, but may get an updated warscroll on forge world.Β 

Yeah, it won't be the case.Β  There was a time (until 5. Edition 40k) where Forgeworld units were included into the codex (or GW added units that didn't have a model) later, only units were included that had models (because of third party model companies).

At least since then GW never included Forgeworld units or equipment into the book. We already see that Gloomspite Gitz didn't include the Squig Gobba, Colossal Squig or Troggoth Hag and Orruk Warclans doesn't include the Rogue Idol.

So I’ve had some inspiration for my army:

Two mercenary mega-gargants, dressed in suits, shades and trilbies, given a quest by their king to raise money to help rebuild the Temple of Behemat.Β 
Β 

Along the way they reform their adventuring band of gargants and proceed to wreak havoc across the mortal realms.Β 
Β 

Β 

AFF01CAC-0202-4E4A-BE4D-7DA0EC91A722.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

image.png.a954df5add7a8a848246bf93af61ff9f.png

Preview video say's we'll be getting news in the coming week! Despite nothing in the article saying it.Β 

Can't wait to see what they reveal!Β 

In the article there is a single sentence at the bottom about the article, saying they will he taking a GIANT look at the Sons. I really hope it's a lore article and Phil Kelly does a community podcast on the Lore as well!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

Maybe they will actually show how the battletome cover looks like since that the one thing they haven’t reveal yet beside possible dice set

I would absolutely love that. I had thought that the Audio Book cover could've also been the BT cover but I dont think there has been a precedent for it before?

I would say if they are different (fingers crossed they are for variety) that the only thing they may have in common are the angles or at least perspective of a Mortal standing against the Sons.

4 hours ago, Moogypies said:

120007360_1507069786156476_5993808465693662519_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=aiIVMHvY8woAX_kyL-Y&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=598e9fd17c13241a50d4b841c96ad818&oe=5F8F9064

Why they got to tease it out so hard :DΒ What if that's our battletome cover πŸ˜›

I'd bloody love if that's the cover for a Black Library novel. A Johann storybook!! The hype trainΒ  has begun people strap yourselves in we have garrisons to smash!! ****** am I one excited King.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

is there a WhatsApp group for SoB? With the imminent release I wouldn't mind jumping on the chat.Β  Have my 2 units of 3 aleguzzler/mancrushers ready and hoping the rules for the megas are going to be fun. Magic resistance please!!!!

2 hours ago, Dev said:

is there a WhatsApp group for SoB? With the imminent release I wouldn't mind jumping on the chat.Β  Have my 2 units of 3 aleguzzler/mancrushers ready and hoping the rules for the megas are going to be fun. Magic resistance please!!!!

4+ Swallowing the spell whole

6+ Spit it back against its caster

πŸ˜„

13 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

4+ Swallowing the spell whole

6+ Spit it back against its caster

πŸ˜„

To avoid stepping on the Dankhold's nasty toes, instead I'd prefer that when a Mega-Gargant moves within an inch of an endless spell, they can immediately move it by blowing it backwards, and have an unbind for regular spells.