Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

52 minutes ago, Souleater said:

Yes...yeesss....a dice made of skulls...

Huge...made of skulls...totally unreadable except to the blessed few....

There could not be anything more GW!

I think you're onto a winner. 😄

52 minutes ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

I'd like a pack like the ogor dice but with one massive footprint for the 6 haha

All ideas. Perfection.

35 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Both. There is the Warstomper, Kraken Eater and Gatebreaker.

At the beginning I just thought that those are just "types of gargants". But if that's the case (they are named/unique) - i'm loving it as I don't have to play with magnets :D 

Edited by Frodos

Okey - so for anyone wondering, these are Notes for Mancrushers: "In a SoB army battlefield role is Battleline (not Behemoth) and maximum-sized units count as 3 Battleline units". In addition, all Mega-gargants lack unique tag in Notes - so they are most likely not-named :( 

Spoiler.

Spoiler

107275762_287111149200579_2569548238575693710_n.png.80bc3b86315aa7d08555cec3932d4b6e.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Frodos said:

Okey - so for anyone wondering, these are Notes for Mancrushers: "In a SoB army battlefield role is Battleline (not Behemoth) and maximum-sized units count as 3 Battleline units". In addition, all Mega-gargants lack unique tag in Notes - so they are most likely not-named :( 

Spoiler.

Hide contents

107275762_287111149200579_2569548238575693710_n.png.80bc3b86315aa7d08555cec3932d4b6e.png

As someone not very versed with the competitive side of the hobby, are Mancrushers the name given now for SOB Battleline or is that the Aleguzzler new name?

19 minutes ago, Alfcam said:

Mancrushers and Aleguzzlers seem to be different units. Aleguzzlers only cost 160 and Mancrushers cost 180.

Yeah they are different units for gameplay purposes.  I'd expect the Mancrusher to be a rebadging of the existing Aleguzzler model though.

3 hours ago, Frodos said:

Spoiler.

That's good though!  You don't really want them to be named - this way you can take Command Traits and Artefacts.  This book is going to be wafer-thin already, without  all of the Heroes also being unique!  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alfcam said:

Mancrushers and Aleguzzlers seem to be different units. Aleguzzlers only cost 160 and Mancrushers cost 180.

25ee853d-b487-4026-8beb-b1d7b482cbb6.jpg

Fantastic!! I'll definitely be running Mancrushers purely for the name alone!!

7 minutes ago, PlasticCraic said:

Yeah they are different units for gameplay purposes.  I'd expect the Mancrusher to be a rebadging of the existing Aleguzzler model though.

That's good though!  You don't really want them to be named - this way you can take Command Traits and Artefacts.  This book is going to be wafer-thin already, without  all of the Heroes also being unique!  

I'm hoping they pad the book out with copious amounts of lore!! Maybe even sneak in a passage written as a Childrens book warning them of Gargants.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

At least they could make them not-named but unique... I dont like spamming one type of mega-gargant cuz it will be better than others and I would like avoiding magnetazing their hands (and heads?) to have all the options from three kits. 

4 hours ago, Alfcam said:

Like @PlasticCraic said - I assume that those units will be using existing Aleguzzler kit, but is named differently for the rules purposes. But we still have two roumr engines, one is gutplate (so could be Ogors) and one that look like torso of a Gargant. 

Spoiler

2020-01-14.jpg2020-04-07.jpg

But new Kit would be a little bit weird as it was written in Warhammer Community article that SoB army  will be consisting of Aleguzzler Gargants.

Spoiler

image.png.d4c8378f28585703421201fd2c3af789.png

But hey - Forge World stuff is never either mentioned in articles and in GHB - so could be Forge World miniature or upgrade kit. 

Edited by Frodos

5 hours ago, Frodos said:

Hide contents

image.png.d4c8378f28585703421201fd2c3af789.png

But hey - Forge World stuff is never either mentioned in articles and in GHB - so could be Forge World miniature or upgrade kit. 

Weirdly enough from leaks shown, the big Forge World Khorne Dragon is in their updated points, which is indeed unique as they don't usually get points in the GHB.

Im holding out for the rumour engine bits to be a leader figure released later down the line. But I would totally be ok with more bits to play around with in a upgrade kit, although I doubt it would be since the giant kit is already pretty good in terms of customisation (though please give more left handed weapon choices D:)

• Like 1

Looking at the math, an SoB allegiance army 2000 list will always have:

• Exactly 4 choices to make (one for each 500 point "slot")
  • Min 6 models, max 10 models.
  • Min 1920 points, max 2000 points.
    • Adding in a CP for anything <=1950, gives 1970 as the cheapest list
  • Possible lists:
    • 3 Mancrushers, 3 Mega-Gargants
    • 6 Mancrushers, 2 Mega-Gargants
    • 9 Mancrushers, 1 Mega-Gargant
  • Mancrushers: One set of three can be split however you like, the rest must be taken in threes.
  • No allies

1 hour ago, a74xhx said:

Looking at the math, an SoB allegiance army 2000 list will always have:

• Exactly 4 choices to make (one for each 500 point "slot")
  • Min 6 models, max 10 models.
  • Min 1920 points, max 2000 points.
    • Adding in a CP for anything <=1950, gives 1970 as the cheapest list
  • Possible lists:
    • 3 Mancrushers, 3 Mega-Gargants
    • 6 Mancrushers, 2 Mega-Gargants
    • 9 Mancrushers, 1 Mega-Gargant
  • Mancrushers: One set of three can be split however you like, the rest must be taken in threes.
  • No allies

If this is the truth, then I'm definitely  running 3 Mancrushers and 3 Megas.

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

If this is the truth, then I'm definitely  running 3 Mancrushers and 3 Megas.

Im thinking competitively, dependant on rules for objective holding, the middle ground of 6 and 2 is probably going to be the way forward to actually be able to spread out around the board for presence. 

Do we think we could see something similar to sentinels/vehicle squadrons in 40k, where we buy 3, then they all become individual units when placed? 

Also note for 1k/doubles we can only field 
Big Boy
3 mancrushers or 2 mancrushers+ CP

So we'll have to purely see what Mega is best for 1k, and that's our only real choice 😛
Our turns will be super quick with only 4 models in that level. 

In meeting engagements, we may not be able to even play it at 1k? 
Our basic 3 giants and 1 leader to fill out a meeting engagement team will be over 1k, unless we can opt to leave rearguard or spearhead completely empty.

Edited by Moogypies
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

In meeting engagements, we may not be able to even play it at 1k? 
Our basic 3 giants and 1 leader to fill out a meeting engagement team will be over 1k, unless we can opt to leave rearguard or spearhead completely empty.

I wonder if there will be something special added for us.

I forgot before there is the FW Bonegrinder. But assuming he stays at 400 then that leaves at most 160 to fit something else in 2k. Maybe he'll get a total rewrite and go up to roughly 480 to match the others. Or he could go down a little to allow squeezing in another Mancrusher.

2 hours ago, a74xhx said:

I wonder if there will be something special added for us.

I forgot before there is the FW Bonegrinder. But assuming he stays at 400 then that leaves at most 160 to fit something else in 2k. Maybe he'll get a total rewrite and go up to roughly 480 to match the others. Or he could go down a little to allow squeezing in another Mancrusher.

The Bonegrinder is still 400 in the new GHB, so it's safe to assume he's remaining in Gitz and won't be a part of Sons.

• Like 1

Wish they would sell me a gargant. They've been out of stock forever. I know they will be reboxing but meh.

I hope they balance the army well so it is more usable than a 40k knights only list. He seems to struggle balancing low model armies.

Edited by Riavan

18 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Wish they would sell me a gargant. They've been out of stock forever. I know they will be reboxing but meh.

I hope they balance the army well so it is more usable than a 40k knights only list. He seems to struggle balancing low model armies.

I have 3 Aleguzzlers currently on Order.

26 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

The nature of AoS is that anything can hurt anything, unlike 40k, so that's a fundamental difference between Sons and Knights.

I've seen this posted a lot by 40K players saying how unbalanced Knights were at launch and Sons will be the same, which is quite the opposite as we dont need explosives or AP rounds to wound a Gargant, a lucky Clanrat could wound one.

• Like 1