Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

It will be great if the fireball is the objective. Think about it, if a gargant move to 1' or less of an objective, he can grab it. A gargant only can have one objective at the same time.

It will be a cool and unique rule.

actually that could be cool, in order to score points you have to kill the gargant and get the objective back.

• Like 1

You know what I'd like to see?  I'm not sure if we've talked about this before, but I'd like to see the model-removing ability "Stuff 'em in me bag" combined with a kind of ranged attack.  Like, if it hits and kills the model, the giant can throw the hapless victim at something else.  It'd be pretty cool, but I'm not sure if we'd actually see it.  I kinda think that the Gatecrusher will have it, or something similar, if the Gatecrusher is a living War Engine.  I'm also of the opinion that the Kraken-chewer is going to be more of a straight-up monster, and that net of stuff is a weapon with a large number of attacks.  And, just to round things off, I'd guess that the Warstomper is the closest to a hero option in the list, if not out-right a hero option with a command ability and everything.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HiddenElephant said:

You know what I'd like to see?  I'm not sure if we've talked about this before, but I'd like to see the model-removing ability "Stuff 'em in me bag" combined with a kind of ranged attack.  Like, if it hits and kills the model, the giant can throw the hapless victim at something else.  It'd be pretty cool, but I'm not sure if we'd actually see it. 

You mean like the "Pick up and throw" ability the Giant had back in the old Fantasy days.

14 minutes ago, HiddenElephant said:

Well, I haven't been around for all that long, but yes.

Well, they,ve used it before so there's a chance they'll use it again.  Plenty of abilities have made the transition in slightly altered form.  I just hope it won't be a long wait to find out.

17 hours ago, HiddenElephant said:

You know what I'd like to see?  I'm not sure if we've talked about this before, but I'd like to see the model-removing ability "Stuff 'em in me bag" combined with a kind of ranged attack.  Like, if it hits and kills the model, the giant can throw the hapless victim at something else.  It'd be pretty cool, but I'm not sure if we'd actually see it.  I kinda think that the Gatecrusher will have it, or something similar, if the Gatecrusher is a living War Engine.  

I think it might have been 30k that had some sort of rule about hurling things where the strength of the hurled model was somehow linked to their toughness... Can't remember what exactly it was but it'd be a nice touch if this attack's power was tied to the model's wounds or armour save or something. Launching a stormcast like a shot putt should be a scarier notion than hurling a gobbo.

And agreed about the Warstomper, particularly as they have less of an obvious shtick than the other two. I can see something being said about them being "the most warlike of their kind and natural leaders, as evinced by the tusks or horns worn on their back like a crown". 

On 4/28/2020 at 3:00 PM, HiddenElephant said:

You know what I'd like to see?  I'm not sure if we've talked about this before, but I'd like to see the model-removing ability "Stuff 'em in me bag" combined with a kind of ranged attack.  Like, if it hits and kills the model, the giant can throw the hapless victim at something else.  It'd be pretty cool, but I'm not sure if we'd actually see it.  I kinda think that the Gatecrusher will have it, or something similar, if the Gatecrusher is a living War Engine.  I'm also of the opinion that the Kraken-chewer is going to be more of a straight-up monster, and that net of stuff is a weapon with a large number of attacks.  And, just to round things off, I'd guess that the Warstomper is the closest to a hero option in the list, if not out-right a hero option with a command ability and everything.

My initial guess is there will probably be a hero version, or a way to give the hero keyword, to any of the Mega-Gargant types.  As for roles, my initial suspicion is that the Gate-Crusher will be geared for high damage vs single targets, the War-Stomper will have rules for fighting horde units (stomps and jump up & down attacks), and the Kraken-Eater will be the "weird" one that has more utility type abilities. 

I think they will probably have a base-line shared weapon profile and then each gets specific additional attacks.  Most likely there will be a shared "swing with club" style attack - since every one of these models is wielding some sort of club/flail.  When the Giants had randomized attacks in Warhammer Fantasy the "Swing with Club" attack was the most common result and it was one of the few attacks that was shared across both the small & big target attack tables.  I also still predict that we will see a number of the old giant random attacks return on the various Mega Gargants as either weapons on the profile or special abilities.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 2:36 AM, PlasticCraic said:

Yeah I was thinking that.  A Siege of Excelsis got a cheeky mention in the Orruk Warclans Batteltome too.

But mainly because Gordrak is planning to tear it down with that skull he got for his battering ram. So would be quite the plot twist if after all that trouble getting a godbeast head, a Gargant shows up and just knocks it down. Talk about stealing someones thunder 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

But mainly because Gordrak is planning to tear it down with that skull he got for his battering ram. So would be quite the plot twist if after all that trouble getting a godbeast head, a Gargant shows up and just knocks it down. Talk about stealing someones thunder 😂

Haha true, I hope that he does use the Battering Ram and as the Mega Gargants work in any Faction, there is simply a few tied to the Waaagh if not a whole army of them!!

3 hours ago, RonnPhan said:

Ha I was gonna post it but guess I’m too late! There’s nothing special to it except for the awesome Gargants fighting Stormcasts. Although I don’t see the Kraken-eater holding his bag...

I really hope the net can be used as a Ranged weapon or as a literal net and catch enemies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zachlane said:

the new art shows the warstomper without the jacked-up left eye. does this mean the kit comes with more than 3 head options?

I could very well seeing it coming with enough options for 2 heads for each variant.

14 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

The Aleguzzler Gargant was removed from the Gloomspite Gitz sub-section at the Games Workshop Store.

This is very interesting, turns out its removed from all of the Destruction Alliance.

Edited by KingBrodd