Sons of Behemat Discussion 👣

Gareth 🍄

On 4/12/2020 at 6:11 AM, KingBrodd said:

I really do hope we get a plastic Bonegrinder or perhaps shorter version of one. A Village Crusher.

I do as well.  Although I like the existing rules for the Bonegrinder and I am happy to use that warscroll I have simply never liked the current forgeworld Bonegrinder model.  I wasn’t too exited for the previous forgeworld one either - but i did like that more.

I mainly find the pose extremely boring and dull.  For a model that large it could also use some extra details.  I hope GW makes a plastic one mainly because I know what sorts of stuff they can now make from plastic and I think it would be a pretty amazing model.

If they don’t remake the Forgeworld kit then I will likely use a 3rd party stand-in such as Mucklegeet the Heresy Giant (who I am now buying anyways).

And on the topic of 3rd party giant models -  when I get a chance I’ll make a post that links a number of them that I am aware of.  I figure a few others of you might be interested in fun giant models.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

I do as well.  Although I like the existing rules for the Bonegrinder and I am happy to use that warscroll I have simply never liked the current forgeworld Bonegrinder model.  I wasn’t too exited for the previous forgeworld one either - but i did like that more.

I mainly find the pose extremely boring and dull.  For a lot that large it could also use some extra details.  I hope GW makes a plastic one mainly because I know what sorts of stuff they can now make from plastic and I think it would be a pretty amazing model.

If they don’t remake the Forgeworld kit then I will likely use a 3rd party stand-in such as Mucklegeet the Heresy Giant (who I am now buying anyways.

And on the topic of 3rd party giant models -  when I get a chance I’ll make a post that links a number of them that I am aware of.  I figure a few others of you might be interested in fun giant models.

I agree on the Bonegrinder. Its posing is not that good and the model could have a lot more added to it rather than just patchwork trousers.

I'd love a proper possible Gargant kit of its size in plastic, something to inspire dread in other players when it appears on the tabletop. A Gargant version of Gotrek or Archaon if you will.

Mate I'd love to see the 3rd party list.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

looks like later this week they (warhammer community) are going to explore a bit more on Sons of Behamat. maybe the Preview show will have some stuff for us,

I cannot wait for that, just watched the coming this week vid. Hopefully they drop some lore for the Sons!!

Looks like I was correct - the preview suggests gargants will closely follow the thematic and visual cues of the existing giant model.

Makes perfect sense for making the faction feel cohesive and honestly I'm VERY glad. I like WHFB giants, if they were super 'sigmary' or had a totally distinct design I'd be a lot less enthusiastic than I am!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NauticalSoup said:

Looks like I was correct - the preview suggests gargants will closely follow the thematic and visual cues of the existing giant model.

Makes perfect sense for making the faction feel cohesive and honestly I'm VERY glad. I like WHFB giants, if they were super 'sigmary' or had a totally distinct design I'd be a lot less enthusiastic than I am!

Honestly I wouldve loved them either way but the Classic Giant look is iconic as is. I love the fairy tale aesthetic they're going with and cannot wait to see the models themselves.

This week there should be an article on the Sons on Warhammer Community and I cannot wait for it.

• Like 1

"One such godbeast was Ymnog, an enormous creature known as the Grandfather of Gargants. Ymnog was slain in one of Sigmar’s greatest battles of the Age of Myth – but the death of one monster made way for another…"

Ymnog sound a little bit like Ymer the father of gigants in slayed by Odin to bild the world North mythology i really really hope for Scandinavian gigants

Edited by Fellman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fellman said:

"One such godbeast was Ymnog, an enormous creature known as the Grandfather of Gargants. Ymnog was slain in one of Sigmar’s greatest battles of the Age of Myth – but the death of one monster made way for another…"

Ymnog sound a little bit like Ymer the father of gigants in slayed by Odin to bild the world North mythology i really really hope for Scandinavian gigants

The Sons seem to be more fairy tale than Scandinavian.

The release is looking very promising, although I will struggle to justify more than 1 to ally with my ogres 🙄 As with many on this thread I like the aesthetic so far. In the very high fantasy world of AoS it's a nice change of pace to get giants you can imagine saying 'fee fi fo fum....'

I'm also wondering if Johan 2.0 is hiding in plain sight.... 

IMG_20200415_211823.jpg

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dr Ben said:

The release is looking very promising, although I will struggle to justify more than 1 to ally with my ogres 🙄 As with many on this thread I like the aesthetic so far. In the very high fantasy world of AoS it's a nice change of pace to get giants you can imagine saying 'fee fi fo fum....'

I'm also wondering if Johan 2.0 is hiding in plain sight.... 

IMG_20200415_211823.jpg

GW confirmed on Facebook that there would be more human models coming with the Sons!! Maybe Johanns' extended family in the Mortal Realms? Maybe theyll be and 'Endless Spell' Mortals running from the Gargants into the enemy.

Edited by KingBrodd

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

GW confirmed on Facebook that there would be more human models coming with the Sons!! Maybe Johanns' extended family in the Mortal Realms? Maybe theyll be and 'Endless Spell' Mortals running from the Gargants into the enemy.

that kid looks like he doing the Scream face

3 hours ago, Fellman said:

I caught this as well when I read that article this morning.  The initial basis for the Age of Sigmar universe is so heavily based on Norse mythology that it would not surprise me at all if GW borrowed a bit more for Gargants. 

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The Sons seem to be more fairy tale than Scandinavian.

GW often fuses a lot of sources together.  What they have shown so far is very much the fairy-tale giants of the "fee fi fo fum" variety - and I absolutely love that.  But there is no reason that they could not pull other influences together for this army.  The whole Age of Sigmar universe has borrowed extremely heavily from various mythologies so it would not at all be out of the norm.  I hope they do mix some influences together for this army.  The results could be quite interesting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

That does not seem very fitting for a spell to me.

I suspect that if they have standard human models as part of these kits that they will probably mainly be adornments.  So things like people tied up and hanging from a belt, stuck into pouches, in crows cages hanging from their belt, running away (ie: Johan), or stepped on and flattened (like the old flat grot).

I certainly hope this army does not include "little people" unless they are allies.

35 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

GW often fuses a lot of sources together.  What they have shown so far is very much the fairy-tale giants of the "fee fi fo fum" variety - and I absolutely love that.  But there is no reason that they could not pull other influences together for this army.  

Yeah I was thinking that.  Kind of like how BCR have a Mongolian raiders look, with Scandic-style naming.

It's not unusual for them to have element A from the world around us, fused with element B from the world around us, fused with some originality and craziness, so the whole thing has identifiable influences but still is unique and more than the sum of its parts.

And I can echo the thoughts of others that I absolutely love the storybook angle!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

That does not seem very fitting for a spell to me.

I suspect that if they have standard human models as part of these kits that they will probably mainly be adornments.  So things like people tied up and hanging from a belt, stuck into pouches, in crows cages hanging from their belt, running away (ie: Johan), or stepped on and flattened (like the old flat grot).

I certainly hope this army does not include "little people" unless they are allies.

Honestly I was just joking about the "Spell". I hope they're just more extensions of Johann, helpless little creatures. I want a pure Gargant army, no subordinates like the Gnoblars with the Ogors.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly I was just joking about the "Spell". I hope they're just more extensions of Johann, helpless little creatures. I want a pure Gargant army, no subordinates like the Gnoblars with the Ogors.

I personally don't hate the idea of human Cultists who worship the Gargants, but I accept that I'm in the minority here!  

I get that it's the whole point of the army that it's nothing but nothing but Giants, and that's fair enough.  I'm happy to see that being the case, but I'd even just love to see some "Johann" bits on the sprue.  Fleeing humans would make nice objective markers for things like Relocation Orb in particular.

Maybe the Cult of Behemat could be best done by writing a small campaign to play through with my local group, rather than as a formal part of the army.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

I personally don't hate the idea of human Cultists who worship the Gargants, but I accept that I'm in the minority here!  

I get that it's the whole point of the army that it's nothing but nothing but Giants, and that's fair enough.  I'm happy to see that being the case, but I'd even just love to see some "Johann" bits on the sprue.  Fleeing humans would make nice objective markers for things like Relocation Orb in particular.

Maybe the Cult of Behemat could be best done by writing a small campaign to play through with my local group, rather than as a formal part of the army.  

GW did confirm on Facebook that there would be more 'Johann' models coming with the Sons.

• Like 1

At the moment i'm totaly not sure, what route i would go.  First i thought "Giants, of course i will get an Army" then i thought "Maybe one or two to field as an ally for my Ogors" and now i think i wait until we see some Models and the concept of the Army. How many different models there would be, heros, maybe a Wizzard/Priest or something.

I have an Orruk Warclans army and an Ogor Mawtribes army anyway so why not a third Destruction faction. Destrution is awsome and absolutly brutal. I love it ❤️ 

So i'm curious for the Show at the weekend and full of hope, that maybe we see something. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DestructionKev said:

At the moment i'm totaly not sure, what route i would go.  First i thought "Giants, of course i will get an Army" then i thought "Maybe one or two to field as an ally for my Ogors" and now i think i wait until we see some Models and the concept of the Army. How many different models there would be, heros, maybe a Wizzard/Priest or something.

I have an Orruk Warclans army and an Ogor Mawtribes army anyway so why not a third Destruction faction. Destrution is awsome and absolutly brutal. I love it ❤️ 

So i'm curious for the Show at the weekend and full of hope, that maybe we see something. 

I truly hope we get to see a Preview of the Sons. Even a silhouette or Battletome cover would be amazing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pitloze said:

I'm really curious if some of the Gargants (Aleguzzler, Bonegrinder) are going to keep their Gloomspite keywords.

I could see the Aleguzzler keeping his keywords. He could remain a Mercenary able to be taken by all Destruction and Chaos with his variant. As for the Bonegrinder if they make a new plastic kit for him I could see him just remaining with the Sons. Hell actually if he doesnt get one they could change him to being allowed only with the Sons.