Kharadron Overlords garrison rules

Bigjawz

Question

Hey everyone, 

I've just recently played my first games using the new kharadron overlords battletome - it was a good laugh, but I'm still a bit unfamiliar with how some of the rules interact, and was hoping that someone here might have some insight. 

I found that it was still fairly easy for my opponent to snipe my admiral while being garrisoned in a frigate. What I was unsure of is; does a garrisoned hero gain the effect from "look out sir!" as well as the standard garrison rules (since I had a 5man thunderers unit in the same Frigate), and in the case of the admiral, would I also receive the effect from the "protect the admiral" rule while being garrisoned. 

Apologies if this has already been answered and the answer is painfully obvious. 

4 answers to this question

I think they do but needs an FAQ for sure. Garrison units count range to and from the Garrison and we already know that a unit is in range of itself. Additionally they KO rules have to explicitly say that models garrisoned do not count towards objectives. This implies that models count in an garrison do matter.

I don’t play KO but until FAQ’ed I would allow my opponent the LOS modifier.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:13 PM, Bigjawz said:

Hey everyone, 

I've just recently played my first games using the new kharadron overlords battletome - it was a good laugh, but I'm still a bit unfamiliar with how some of the rules interact, and was hoping that someone here might have some insight. 

I found that it was still fairly easy for my opponent to snipe my admiral while being garrisoned in a frigate. What I was unsure of is; does a garrisoned hero gain the effect from "look out sir!" as well as the standard garrison rules (since I had a 5man thunderers unit in the same Frigate), and in the case of the admiral, would I also receive the effect from the "protect the admiral" rule while being garrisoned. 

Apologies if this has already been answered and the answer is painfully obvious. 

It’s a weird one. But yes currently there is nothing saying look out sir is not in effect. 

so yes, your admiral gets look out sir. 
(narratively am arkanaut throws himself and the admiral on the deck while flying, happens in the movies right ;) )

Thanks for the input 👍

I guess there will be a faq at some point. I'd imagine that the intention is to stack the "look out sir!" rule on top of the garrison rule - I'm sure there's a line about being able to use abilities normally while in a garrison, and of course a brave Arkanaut would jump in front of the Admiral to take the bullet! 

I think I'll just discuss it beforehand with my opponent next time I play, and that they'll probably call BS when it's - 2 to hit, +1 to save, and 5+ to deflect a wound to another skyfarers unit (it should be nails to snipe the Admiral).