Warcry - Spire Tyrants Discussion

Groomy

So it begins! I want 12 Frenzied Ragers (the mean-looking duardin) :D

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/21/warband-focus-spire-tyrantsgw-homepage-post-2/ 

Also, am I confused but the second revealed ability (Triple: Champion of the Warpits) is only usable by Leaders but the text describes it as being usable by at least 3 types of fighters? 

11 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Perhaps Spire Tyrants, like some of the "other" non-Chaos warbands, have multiple leader options? Or maybe GW just made a mistake on that one.

Can’t be the former, I don’t think, as then 3 of the figures that come in the box can’t be used together. I suspect it shouldn’t be the leader runemark, but rather the elites runemark or some such. They are unnecessarily similar!

Many of the non-Chaos warbands have leader and non-leader versions of a profile, so the models can still be used together. Still, it would be odd, as none of the Chaos warbands currently have that option.

If it's the elite runemark (they are too similar), the Bestigor Destroyer doesn't have it, yet the article text says he's capable of using the ability.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:13 AM, Groomy said:

So who got the cards by now? How are they?

I got the box (together with an Ogroid Myrmidon), and while I've never played before, the abilities seemed pretty 'pedestrian' - at least to my very untrained eyes. I can post some pictures (if allowed?) or write a summary later today if there's interest. 

EDIT: 

Love most of the models though. Easy to assemble, and some of the designs are great/hilarious - e.g. the duardin rager or the clueless-looking beastman with helmet on 😂

Edited by Smenk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 9:14 AM, Fellman said:

Hi i just painted the spier tyrents haw do they play? any ideas for hammer sword sheald?
thanks in advance

I've played them a bit this weekend.

Their are quite pleasant to play, the are quite tanky for the most part, and can hit very hard.

Board control is good too, since you have a good number of fighters.

My only grief is their abilities. Their are too expensive and too conditional. I mean, for using some of them (including the ultimate one), you have to rule a dice an have a 3+ or 4+, or to kill someone before. Whereas similar abilites exist in other warbands but without any condition, I find it very underwelming.

But the base one is good, giving you for a double, the ability to move or attack for free if you kill someone.

That's it for me, but I may be terribly mistaken, I've only played them 4 times :)

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Clanger said:

934068838_SpireTyrantsImage.jpeg.00e77489f24a5a7fd12277ba367e7fb8.jpeg

Not had the chance to play the game at all yet but have really enjoyed painting these guys up. Also added the Ogroid Myrmadon because its a beautiful model.

They look really good! I like that you were able to make them look unified despite the varied skin tones. The painting quality is top-notch

• Like 1