Celestial Vindicators 1000 pt

Jamie

A plan to build a small Stormcast force with the Celestial Vindicators scheme, I intend to build a 2000 point list later but to get games out I will start with this 

Leaders

Celestant on foot - 100

Lord Relictor - 80

Battleline 

Retributors x5 -220

Liberators x10 - 200

Liberators x10 - 200

Liberators x10 - 200

Total - 1000

My plan is to create a large shield wall with the 30 Liberators and have my Celestant in the middle to make use of the command ability, the Retributors will act as a small 'hammer' unit and move around the shield wall, the Relictor will simply use healing storm and move forward if anything breaks through

I like the meat shield, but a fast army could really outmanoeuvre you. As for packing a punch at 1000 points, 5 rets will do well, but they will be targeted more than anything. I'd drop 10 liberators for some judicators. At 1000 points judicators can really make the difference. 

My 1000 points list is this:

knight vexilor

5 liberators

5 liberators

5 judicators

5 retributors

3 prosecutors with celestial hammers.

this is a strong list as you can teleport your hammer unit anywhere, especially if a Lord is alone and you can one ****** him.

Jamie, I think your list captures the character of the Celestial Vindictors well:

• The LC on foot fits with Thostos Bladestorm
  • CV have a tendency towards Retributors
  • A horde of angry (+1 to hit from LC) Liberators

If you want to teleport the Retributors, you could drop a squad of Liberators for a Vexillor.

Either way, your list provides a solid starting point, imho.

From my experience my list doesn't suffer. Usually the rets set upon either a strong unit or Lord. By the time his units reach me they are whittled down. With a command trait and artefact on the vexillor he can be useful for sure. 

The benefit from your list is time and damage soaking. 3 units of 10 liberators is one hell of a meat shield and WILL survive I'd say. 

Would love to hear how it performs!

The list looks a bit slow to me. I would try to be a bit more balanced by adding a couple units of judicators and dropping the liberators down to 5 man units. Perhaps 2 units of each with a celestant on foot and a relictor. Then add in a unit of concussors instead of your retributors for your hammer. They have the same synergy with the celestant as the retributors but can react a bit better with 10 movement. 980 points total will buy you a triumph as well.

Archived