The Constructive AoS Feedback Thread

On 2/8/2020 at 6:44 AM, Overread said:

If the battalion offers no special rules what's the purpose of taking it? You get a command point with a battalion, but at 120points you'd get 2 if you just didn't take the battalion and left those 120 points empty. Bonuses are one of the core reasons you take a battalion and whilst generic might work, there's also a risk that a generic ability could stack really well with some armies over others. 

I would argue that lowering the drop count is the primary benefit of a battalion.

1 hour ago, Phasteon said:

Please dont go the 40k route and make battalions basically detachments with no further purpose than ressource management. 

The thing I like about Battalions is that they add to the narrative of a list and give a nice bonus in addition. 

Oh I would agree with that.  The Detachment system of 40k is the single worst army creation mechanic I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.  It's about 75 percent of the reason I've stopped playing the game for now.

• Like 2