The Constructive AoS Feedback Thread

Since there's been a lot of discussion about balancing, balance as a whole, point values, GW's business practices and the likes I figured we should take this to a more focussed constructive level by posting actual constructive feedback.

Write your factual opinion about what you like and what you would like to see improved and why. Please do not attack other Forum members and be civil and try to be positive while doing so.

Cheers
Jack

Edited by JackStreicher
spelling
  • Like 1

I'll start off with my opinion on AoS:

- The Miniatures design is supberb!
- The Art and Battletome design is really good.
- The increased speed with which points are being adjusted.
- Most rules are doing a good job of representing how a unit or an army should play. - great!

- It appears as if there is a lack of rules review concerning the powerlevel and wording of Rules, I'd love to see that corrected so an FaQ isn't necessary anymore.
- Though the game plays really smoothly and a lot of the times the match-ups are fun there are some factions, which are simply put, too strong or weak so they hardly can beat or win against certain factions. I'd like to see a more normalized powerlevel across all Battletomes, old and new, in order to keep casual gaming fun.
- Point adjustments sometimes can't fix a unit or rule. In order to normalize powerlevels across factions I'd suggest a frequent rewrite of heavily overperforming and underperforming Warscrolls. This step won't be necessary anymore if the Rules Review process catches those rules and warscrolls before they're published. This step might also increase sales for units no one wants to field due to their current state if power.

Edited by JackStreicher
spelling - mobile phones don't support my big fingers :D
  • Like 10

🙂👍

1. The models. They are, as you say, superb. I can't think of any of the last several waves of releases where there hasn't been at least a few models that have made me go 'damn, I need me some of that'. Whether AoS, 40K, Blood Bowl, you name it I have to struggle to think of more than a handful of individual models released over the past 2 years, or so, that I haven't liked and even then it's just a personal preference (I mean of course when isn't it but...).
  2. Warhammer Community. 3 or 4 posts a day, every week day is no small thing. Now sure they're not all equal in content but still whether it's short stories or tidbits of lore, painting tips, interviews with the designers, rules focuses it's nothing to be sniffed at. Especially when you consider the absolute dearth of decent sites covering the hobby. Then throw in all the action on Instagram, Facebook etc and the way they handle some of the most grossly self-entitled whiny man children online and you have to doff your cap to them.
  3. Warhammer TV. Could have added this above but honestly if you weren't into the hobby back in the late 80s/early 90s I honestly don't know if you can fully appreciate just how helpful/game changing this is. Honest to god I rarely saw a model back then that didn't look like it had just been dunked head first in a pot of dulux paint (especially my own), when I got back into the hobby on a whim I was astounded at how good the first model I had painted for around 28 years at that point came out, just by taking my time and following one of their tutorials.
  4. Black Library. Yes we just had another circle ****** of a thread bemoaning that they're not releasing Booker Prize winning stories but you know what I still have access to those kind of books if/when I want to read them and for essentially licensed tie-in novels for toys, nearly all the BL books have exceeded my estimations. Yes I'd love them to be all kinds of things that they aren't but I also understand why they're not, and if I just want to be entertained and rattle through a book in a day they do the job fine. My only real complaint is that they're unlikely to ever employ me but I'd actually have to finish something first so that one's not really on them.
  5. The art. Whilst I'd never have it on my wall, I do love looking at the art in the books and GW are employing some beasts right now from the legendary high weirdness of John Blanche to the likes of Kev Chin, Paul Dainton (especially) and many more. I love the early GW stuff, Ian Miller, Russ Nicholson etc, absolute giants of the genre but the new style is right up there and thankfully, for me at least, far from the cartoony style that seems to predominate whilst I was in the hobby deep-freeze.
  6. Faction support. We can (and will) argue for endless months and years about balance and griping about this or that being underpowered but at any other point in WH history they''d tell you that with 2 years of a new edition not only would several new armies be introduced but every faction would have a usable (or thereabouts) new battletome I think you'd have laughed. Perfect? of course not but I look at say the upcoming big AoS tournament here in Belgium and pretty much every faction is represented in decent numbers.
  7. The non-competitive community. I think this place is possibly one of the only places I go to where the competitive mindset is dominant (not in itself a bad thing mind) but on say Twitter, Instagram etc every day I'm seeing people creating absolutely fantastic mind blowing conversions, crazy paint schemes, their own battle tomes, and everyone's helping each other, sharing tips and generally in most cases being lovely. And what shows it isn't an either/or situation you're seeing these incredibly involved conversions well represented at what appear to be proper tournaments.
  8. The many, many ways to engage with the hobby. 2000pts match play is a nice thing, but whether we use them or not there's so many options now to be involved that don't just involve that. Whether it's the fuzzy lines from matched to narrative to open play, whether it's playing meeting engagements sized games or smaller, or Warcry, or Quest etc etc. I feel like the day when you just bought one thing and kept buying it are gone and thank god, I love that I can have half a dozen different armies on the go, ranging from really thematic Warcry warbands, to small armies that grow as and when to 1 or 2 bigger forces. Much healthier way to collect and play I say and means you're not always waiting for your one brief moment in the sun every couple of years.
  9. Speaking of diversity... Yes run away now if the idea of sharing your hobby space with women or people of colour fills you with horror because, whilst not perfect, it feels like they're really doing their best to make the game accessible to a much wider demographic. GW and indeed the wider fantasy/sci-fi/wargames/RPG community still has a long way to go, and there will be plenty of mistakes and missteps along the way, but I'm a least confident those involved in making decisions are aware of this and trying to make things better.
  10. The community as a whole. Are there a lot of wronguns involved in this hobby, yes. Are they a loud minority, almost certainly. The overwhelming majority of people I've encountered here and in other places and, shock horror, in real life are lovely misfits who time and time again I've seen rally round when someone's been in need, offer support and help and generally be superb humans. We often let ourselves be defined by the most toxic elements out there, but pay yourselves on the back, you're good people.
  11. Bonus point. That we have a new version of WFRP, and we have a brand new AoS RPG out in just a few months. I mean if ever Wordsworth was due a bastardisation then this is it... “Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive. But to be in your 40s with disposable income was very heaven.”

☹️👎

1. Black Library's continued lack of interest in my unwritten or unfinished and inchoate nonsense. I mean come on, what do I have to do here? Actually write something, finish it and it be good? pfft.
  2. I'm not going to claim to have any great knowledge of what's balanced or not, rules wise. I'm a dumb hick in that sense but if I could suggest one thing in terms of their battletomes it would be to have someone with knowledge of the game but outside the company read through new rules not for 'balance' or whatever but in terms of making sure they're as clear as possible. Jervis has done a couple of interesting articles that touched on how they do the wording of rules and I'm under no illusions both how difficult it can be and also how easy to miss things. Anyone on here that kicks off about the odd typo or weird wording really reveals themselves as someone whose probably never worked to bring a product (especially one involving thousands of words) to market. Trust me no matter how many times you look through something, if you're inside the process you will miss things.
  3. I'd like to see a greater tendency to really fix things that are not working, beyond points. Obviously you want a warscroll to be right first time but circumstances change and they shouldn't be scared of really reworking stuff if/when needed.
  4. The App. It's cool and all that but this isn't so much a complaint just a missed opportunity, they could really make it a much more valuable resource for both us and them. If it allowed you to track your games, create league tables, show off your painted armies etc it would be a great resource that they could mine for the kind of data that really would allow them to monitor how individual units are performing (and indeed showing up in games).
  5. The continued lack of a new version of Mighty Empires/Man'o'War etc etc! Money on the table GW...
  6. The ongoing shift away from a looser hobby towards a more top down, everything must be official approach (though TBF I think this is, a section of, the community more than GW itself).
  7. I'd like to see a slight return to the more random nature of releases. It's great, of course, when you get a big dump of new models for a faction (new or old) but I'd love to see it mixed up a bit more where we do get maybe just 1 totally unexpected new unit, war machine, etc for a faction. They're juggling so, so many factions now that even if you're in on a few different armies you might be waiting years for something new. I get from a marketing (and probably design) POV the current mode makes sense but it would be great to just have more gaps filled in existing ranges without having to wait for a huge trance of new models.
  8. They need to sort out a digital copy of the rules/BTs to go with the physical books. I pretty much expect every RPG I buy, from major companies and small 1 man bedroom operations, to come with a download, that GW aren't in the year of our lord 2020 is nuts. I suspect there's a bigger conversation to be had here also about taking things like battletomes and splitting them like the new GHB with the hardback containing all the 'static' stuff and a slim paperback with the warscrolls, abilities etc. Also they should be looking at some kind of digital subscription service, roll it up with a new app etc.
  9. I'm struggling to think of more here, ok so... I don't know. hmmm, making certain amazing things limited to just Warhammer World sucks a bit.
  10. Did I mention Black Library not hiring me? I think I did.
Edited by JPjr
  • Like 14

You know what. you could possibly scrap all of my long winded blah-blah-blah nonsense and just say...

1. THIS - this game, the background lore, the novels, the art, the community has inspired, and "allowed", someone to create this... That's it. That's the point.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'll probably come back with more later, but for now:

Yes, all the good things mentioned above are indeed good. The hobby as a complete package is in great shape.

My biggest improvement would be three-fold. 

1. Ensure that all rules that are "meant" to work the same way are worded the same way. There's no need to use different words to describe the same effect in different books.

2. Be more thoughtful about word choice to avoid confusion. For example, I think we should not have Wounds and Mortal Wounds. Even the process for determining when and how you 'wound' a model was/is confusing and needed more explanation than it should. The word "Wound" should be akin to a key word. To get a little weird about it, you should be able to understand and follow the process no matter what word is used. Instead of Wound and Mortal Wound, you could have Blarg and Fribbie. They are simply placeholder words to call up the rule and processes. Granted, Wound is more intuitive ... which is why having MORTAL Wound is confusing. We want to say that when a Mortal Wound is caused, rules for Wounds also apply, which they don't (not all of them, anyway, but some, which is more confusing). Anyway, the point is that words matter and I'd like to see more thought given to which ones are chosen.

3. Clarity. I suppose this is just a summary of the whole thing. I know that not all things will be caught, but I think (know) that GW leans too heavily on the "if we made everything clear, the rules would be encyclopediac" but it's just not so. Not to repeat what I've said in other threads, but when we, as playtesters, used to suggest alternate wordings on rules to close loopholes, the suggested solutions were often _shorter_ than the more vague rule.

So, all things said, I think the hobby is in great shape (I don't, btw, buy into power creep, intentional or otherwise), but a little more attention to clarity would be lovely.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

AoS at its core is a fantastic, engaging game with a lore able to be explored to create forces we'd never of concieved in Warhammer Fantasy, its loose definition of the map gives so many areas to explore, develop, enrich and combine in our gaming. At the base the rules are also really great and engaging with the warscroll and double turn system being the ones I enjoy most.

In terms of negatives. 

- The communication in the studio seems to be light in terms of balance, we're often seeing two tomes releasing near simultaneously that must of been on the internal cloud together when being worked on with staggering power differences. This is simply a communication issue, we're getting two "trees" of battletomes, with the engaging, fun and narrative ones on one side, and the overly competitive on the other, if each tree plays against a branch of its own then the game is fine, if the two trees play against each other we see shocking imbalance.

- Points issues, compounded with allegiance and sub allegiance. If mortek guard at their base are worth X, then mortek guard all getting +1 save cannot by the same formula be worth X. I cannot see how the formula can account for both with radically different resiliences being worth the same amount.

• Like 2

I like the fact that everybody in the studio listens to feedback and things can change. I also like they are contactable and will answer questions. For example...A5839E6D-2F99-4A0A-B9FA-9A18E0B2A5D8.jpeg.e62eb4b6eb2f945af0854d35de6b8f25.jpegF5623F34-3B85-492C-ACD7-97CB0ACAB488.jpeg.56f9a45586fa674db65e87983ab40cf2.jpeg

also Phil Kelly is doing a fantastic series of tweets with random facts about the mortal realms.

This level of contact was unheard of years ago and shows how great GW are now

• Like 2

I think where we are with AoS is fantastic, there's loads of content out there, the background is developing all the time.  As a hobbyist, not only is the hobby in amazing shape, but I also feel like my contributions count.

From the point of view on improvements my own aren't actually that many.

It does feel like there's a reluctance to wait until battletomes are released before seeing warscroll changes.  Although I can see logic in this (both playtesting and customers who have bought the warscroll cards), I think sometimes a modified warscroll would do more to resolve issues that have arisen rather than point changes.

For some battleplans, I feel at times there is quite a bit of disparity between the game being played and the end result.  A game that ends with the victory points on 19-20 that was super close throughout, feels really bad with a simple major win for one person.  I equally know from talking to lots of people that this is a divisive suggestion.

Finally a book full of battalions would be amazing (plus clarified & consolidated rules on using them)!  With the way the game currently sits, there's quite a disparity between armies that have a good selection of battalions and ones that don't.  I don't mean this from a "this battalion is better than that one", quite a few battletomes have battalions locked to specific allegiances or conditions.

That's it really.  From a players perspective, I'd love to see a generals compendium released each year that contained all the playing aids you could possibly need - so battleplans, agendas, realm rules, command abilities etc on cards, but that's not so much the game as making things easier to play (at least for me).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Although I can see logic in this (both playtesting and customers who have bought the warscroll cards), I think sometimes a modified warscroll would do more to resolve issues that have arisen rather than point changes.

Just a note on that -

My desire to see warscroll cards go unchanged would diminish greatly, if not entirely go away, if GW treated bad rules (confusing, wrongly-worded, unfair, etc.) as defective products. Their policy on replacing missing or miscast parts in kits is to be commended. They really take responsibility for physical defects and the support they offer to replace them is stellar. If it were the same with rules (as I believe it should be), then they could acknowledge a "miscast" rule on the card that you purchased and replace it with the fixed one for free.

Some may balk at this idea at first, but I think it has merit. They sold you a product which they realized after the fact, once it saw plentiful use in the wild, had a defect. Replace it free of charge. Plenty of other industries issue recalls for bad products. For instance, when your car has a bad seal on a gasket but it did not show up until the car got sold to the public and thus used widely (or, in other words, tested by many more people), the manufacturer will have you bring in the car for free service to replace the gasket with a working one. Why not have shops get copies of fixed warscroll cards and tell people to bring in their old ones for a free replacement?

• Like 2

Models when they are released are great no one can deny that at least but the discarding and ignoring of the main human faction of the setting is just tiring me out and disuading me from buying any gw products.how can they keep producing these great armies and completely ignore the biggest faction from warhammer fantasy.without a true human army the realms are a hollow and lifeless place to fight .the fact the terrain is all ruins and nothing else while 40k has hundreds of kits of a living breathing human society shows that gw don't realise without that base grounding the realms are becoming more hollow and less interesting with every release. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I feel like things have been going great lately.  If anything, the biggest issue is that the release schedule blazes on so fast, I hardly feel like I can keep up with the stuff that I want to.  One thing that I think could use some love though is narrative play.  It would be nice if the GHB's Narrative section included an actual narrative setting/situation for the year that players could sink their teeth into.  Maybe include a map, a handful of battleplans, a story (what's going on there?), and some neat narrative mechanic.  So like, in 2020 they might have a map of some region on Ghur and have rules for fielding wild beasts in your army and some battleplans that interact with that.  Then in 2021, they could have a region in Chamon and rules for fielding giant robots or something. 

I like the narrative stuff they've put out thus far, but aside from Malign Portents it's all felt kind of generic while Narrative play itself is anything but.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Why not have shops get copies of fixed warscroll cards and tell people to bring in their old ones for a free replacement?

Funnily enough I can remember saying this back when it happened to me the first time around (think it may have been an FAQ on a Khorne unit). 

The downside I could see of doing this is that it could make changes to warscrolls occur even less often as there would be a direct financial cost to those making those changes.  Although less ideal, having a printable version that is the same size & format as the changed one could be a half-way house, the PDF's online are great for printing, but you couldn't print one out and glue it to the front of the old warscroll 😃

I don’t think I can stress enough, that I think GW has been doing a fantastic job over the past 5 or so years. However, these few things stick in my craw a little:

1. Either Dreadscythe Harridans or Myrmourn Banshees should be Battleline If in a Nighthaunt army, so I can do my all female Nighthaunt army.

2. Pusgoyle Blightlords should be min size of 1, so that when I build the lord of afflictions, I still have a use for the other model.

3. Deal with the remaining Metal/Resin models. I would hate to see it go from the army list, but either give us a plastic Slann or let the army go without one. Nurgle and Skaven have a few old models that can get fixed or go too.

4. The model/book release schedule last year was inane: Two armies often shared the spotlight when, even a book update, should get at least a week in the sun. Then new armies were being entirely released in a week (GSG, HoS). Then they got a release in one week the same week as another army book update (OBR w/Ogors). And we had Warcry. And we had WU, Blood Bowl releases, and about three other games, and 40K stuff.

5. Stocking issues with Two-Player Boxes. I think this may have been fixed with Feast of Bones and Aether War.

6. The one off figures in Two-Player Sets need clampack releases.

7. Please stop jacking up prices on things, most just tend to scare off new people.

• Like 2

Played a game last night and in my opinion Mega boss on Maw krusha got buffed way to much. Correct me if i'm wrong but with the  iron clad command trait (Add 1 to save rolls, making him save on twos only )   + mystic shield ( Re roll failed save rolls of one) and artefact of power called Daubing of Mork ( Letting him negate wounds or mortal wounds on rolls of 6)  he is almost impossible to kill. On top of that he has Strength from victory so if he kills any models during combat his wounds characteristic goes up so if you somehow manage to get wounds thru he just more or less heals after fighting and we all know he doesn't lose fights... he is very overpower for only 460 points.  what do you think ? 

Notes (some positive, some 

-Release schedule - I love how fast its been. We don't need week long army spotlights or month long releases, get the book and the kits out so we can get them on the table and play. I doubt GW can keep up the 2019 pace but I'd love to see the game stay in the state of flux its been in as far as the meta is concerned for the foreseeable future. 

-Overall balance - there have been some obvious misses but overall I think GW has done a pretty good job on releasing books with options/multiple viable builds. 

-Plastic characters in dual boxes - get these out faster. Its especially bad when the model is a very good or pivotal model to an army, having to either scour 2nd hand or convert isn't great. 

-Terrain Rules - For the love of whatever you hold holy AoS needs better terrain rules. They're so abstracted as to be barely useful and can be gamed in a variety of ways. The fact that models can basically 'float' at a certain height on a ruin is ridiculous. 

-Terrain Kits - More of these would be great, I don't mind 3D printing or using great companies like Dark Fantastic Mills but having some ETB plastic kits would be nice and help further shape the lore in less interesting ways. 

• Like 1

My big gripe right now is communication. The GW balance "department" is like a giant black box, where information flows one way. I feel like I have no idea what's going on in their heads over there, and that's scary. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on my OBR army because I fear a looming nerf will nuke the army I want to build. I'm still pretty salty about my decision to pick Nighthaunt as my first army (not  because they got nerfed, but because I was silly and overestimated GW's balance efforts), so I'm scared to commit any more money at this point. Will OBR be Gristlegore or will they be DoK?

I'd love to at least see candid discussions about what's going well and what isn't. Things like "Yeah we really wanted [insert army here] to have A, B, and C, as core design principles. Unfortunately that didn't translate well on the table or work out the way we wanted it to, so we're looking to make some adjustments to X, Y, and Z in the next [White Dwarf, FAQ, etc.]." 

The FAQ Warhammer Community posts sort of touch on this, but the tone is so "everything's great and awesome!" that it just comes off as insincere. Because for some armies, things really aren't so great and awesome. I think Nighthaunt, BoC, and StD players have some valid questions about the state of their army and would appreciate more insight in to the GW thought process or plans for the future. 

Further, how does their playtesting process work? How many people are involved? How do they structure their playtesting process? Do they think about the strongest lists and play those against each other, or does each playtester just get to play whatever they want? Is it a back and forth discussion or do playtesters just pass W/L results up to the designers and hope for the best? I could go on forever.

I know there are legitimate business reasons to not provide answers to every question I've listed, but knowledge is power and I think people just want to feel empowered, that they have some idea of what goes on behind the curtain before they ****** away a bunch of time and money. 

Other feedback includes improving the plastic hero/dual box situation (borderline criminal :P) and improving their digital tools (primarily why is taking PDF scans of my battletome so superior to the inapp battletomes?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

-Terrain Rules - For the love of whatever you hold holy AoS needs better terrain rules. They're so abstracted as to be barely useful and can be gamed in a variety of ways. The fact that models can basically 'float' at a certain height on a ruin is ridiculous. 

So you dont find a huge dragon perching on a lamppost realistic?

1 hour ago, relic456 said:

Further, how does their playtesting process work? How many people are involved? How do they structure their playtesting process? Do they think about the strongest lists and play those against each other, or does each playtester just get to play whatever they want? Is it a back and forth discussion or do playtesters just pass W/L results up to the designers and hope for the best?

The process was briefly outlined at the AoS seminar at the NY Open Day.  Playtesters get a preliminary copy of an army, do some playtesting and pass feedback, modifications are made - this process goes back and forth until either everybody is happy or a set deadline is reached.  Some slips do get through because the deadline may result in modifications not being passed back for anther round of playtesting (without a deadline some projects would never get finished).  Also even though the playtester pool is fairly large, it's nowhere near as big as the hobbyists who play the game.

Disclaimer: I am not a playtester!

12 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

The process was briefly outlined at the AoS seminar at the NY Open Day.  Playtesters get a preliminary copy of an army, do some playtesting and pass feedback, modifications are made - this process goes back and forth until either everybody is happy or a set deadline is reached.  Some slips do get through because the deadline may result in modifications not being passed back for anther round of playtesting (without a deadline some projects would never get finished).  Also even though the playtester pool is fairly large, it's nowhere near as big as the hobbyists who play the game.

Disclaimer: I am not a playtester!

I appreciate the info! I was secretly thinking this might be the case to make my follow up point, so I'm sorry for baiting it out  @RuneBrush. Is there anywhere this information is located? Or is that information only available to people who can actually attend those events? If it's only available at a live, once a year event with no VOD or summary article, then it's barely better than not being not available at all. Which is basically the crux of my communication feedback, I really wish they did betterin this department.

Edited by relic456

15 minutes ago, relic456 said:

I appreciate the info! I was secretly thinking this might be the case to make my follow up point, so I'm sorry for baiting it out  @RuneBrush. Is there anywhere this information is located? Or is that information only available to people who can actually attend those events? If it's only available at a live, once a year event with no VOD or summary article, then it's barely better than not being not available at all. Which is basically the crux of my communication feedback, I really wish they did betterin this department.

Wouldn't have classed it as baiting.  GW doesn't record/stream any of the seminars (it's kind of a perk of paying to go to the event) - it's one of the reasons when I've heard bits in a seminar I try and share them out when I can (like now!).  In fairness "life of a playtester" would be a pretty neat WarCom article!

6 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

Terrain Rules - For the love of whatever you hold holy AoS needs better terrain rules. They're so abstracted as to be barely useful and can be gamed in a variety of ways. The fact that models can basically 'float' at a certain height on a ruin is ridiculous. 

I don't want to derail this lovely thread, so if this needs expansive discussion, let's make a new one. That said, I'm curious about what you dislike here. I felt like even the original 1.0 4-pager had all the terrain rules you needed if you just applied what was there, and 2.0 hand-holds for those who wanted that. What more is needed that wouldn't needlessly complicate things?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thought of another: I have a ton of new people and 40K players looking into Sigmar, they ask how to get started and maybe one of the hardest things that everyone misses and even when it it pointed out isn't the easiest to read is how to build your army and what abilities you get.

For reference, it's Page 15 of the Core Rules. It should really be a) Placed near the beginning of the Core Rules, and b) Bullet-pointed for beginners to know what they are looking for.

• Like 1

It was touched on earlier, but GW needs to get on the ball with digital rules. The Azyr app is really, really nice- I dont understand why it is so underutilized.

Why does GW continue to waste money and effort into things like warscroll cards when this time and money could be funneled into the app? Its 2020. This is a game marketed at middle class consumers. 99% of them have smart phones.... 2+2 =4. 

Why does GW make us choose between the hard copy books and the digital? Why isnt there a code that comes with my hardback book purchase to unlock rules on the Azyr app(which I am already paying a subscription fee for, and you already put the rules into... I just need to pay another 30-40 bucks for the privilege).

Game balance. Yeah it's not good. The list of armies taken for CanCon was released. Look at that and tell me there is good internal balance. Or even that great of external balance. They have gotten better but still a long long way to go.

Boxed sets. I dont know how we went from 70-80 dollar Start Collecting kits to whatever you want to call the rip offs that are Aetherwar, and its 40k equivalent Blood of the Phoenix but we need a hard stop to that. Locking character models behind an 180+ dollar, limited time only box is disgusting and only benefits scalpers and their ilk. Let's not pretend GW doesnt know this either.

Good stuff. The models. Each new AoS army looks so cool. Keep this up. 

The fluff. Keep advancing the storyline. Keep including new maps in the books. I'm cautiously optimistic about Wrath of the Everchosen....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm loving alot of things with GW & AoS in the past few years (compared to the previous 15-20 years), and everything since the launch of 2nd edition has been great! 

Currently my greatest wishes are updating all the finecast characters/elite models to plastic kits. Plenty of opportunity for multi-use kits here. And practically unfeasable as it's so baked into AoS since the beginning but I wish they would split up Order into 2 separate factions somehow.