Your Favorite Mercenary.

Acid_Nine

Just what it said on the topic! Monsters and Mercenaries have been out for a while, and So far I feel there have been little in the way of discussion for mercenaries.  This is actually one of my favorite parts of warcry I found.

So far my personal favorite Merc has been the Slaughter Priest with hackblade. He can tank, he has two great abilities, and he can deal damage. He is pretty balanced though, as he is pretty slow and costs a whole lot of points. I just found him to be amazing for the Untamed beasts, as his Blood Bind is a harpoon drag on a guy who can smack people in melee without forcing an activation, and his blood boil can pile on the damage. He can do a bit of everything, and in my campaign he is a terror.

Cool topic🙂

I m afraid I have played way to little using the monsters and mercenaries to know who’s to fear, However at the moment we are playing a narrative campaign and my Gloomspite mercenary is the Funkoid Shaman. Don’t know if he is any good really but Im using the Shaman from the Gloomspite Underworld warband and he just looks damn nice on the table. 

My other favourite is the Lord Executioner. IMHO he is one the greatst looking minis of aos and he necer gets to see any love in AOS due to being close to useless however in Warcry he looks more usefull.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I use only thematically fitting mercenaries, so while there are some autopicks, if they dont fit the warband they dont make the list, simple as that, so for my rather than "best mercenary" its more about "viable for the theme of the warband"

Slaughterqueen if I run my DoK. She is what the serpents were supposed to be damage wise. She can actually kill stuff even without crits, her AoS buff is prett solid, and while relatively squishy she is cheaper then the snake girls. If you want to play DoK this is a must have simply due to how bad their regular stuff is.

Otherwise I`ve been thinking a lot about the Bray Shaman. The ability to pull your opponent close, from ledges, or off objectives makes up for his fairly lackluster combat stats. Untamed Beasts or Beast of Chaos of course (though technically the new warbands cant use mercenaries due to the lack of icons/keywords. I think not many people will have an issue with this particular case outside of tournament scene, until an FAQ addresses this.) The Tzaangor one is also nice, but waaaaaaay to expensive for what he does, which is sad as I really wanted to fit him in with my Corvus Cabal. 

On 2/11/2020 at 12:03 AM, Maddpainting said:

Yeah these are for me too. Pulls especially on a double for that long away are just insanely good. 

Has there been any FAQ regarding the previous and the current new released warbands being able to take M&M allies ?

While its not impossible to house rule, there are people who will scoff at it not being issued by GW (you know Bray Shaman run with Boc should be a no brainer and yet, officially its not legal due to missing ally mark)

They did make a small faq about the ally chart, but the Shaman has the BoC mark so he is ok.

Edit: Oh i see what you mean, b.c the Allies isn't mark with BoC able to play with BoC some might say you can't b.c of RAW. Yeah that is something that needs to be faq, but wont for a bit i fear. For now unless someone or an Event play it how you want i would say.

Edited by Maddpainting