Priests and prayers: How many?

Scurvydog

Question

So I posted this question in the Ogor forum, but I suspect this covers multiple armies and the wording on priests in general. It seems this varies between books currently, with some priests having their rules stated in allegiance abilities, while others are on the warscroll and some even overwrites each other in ways, such as DoK hags who can pray once per their warscroll, but the prayer rules in the tome allows them to pray twice, that is pretty clearly stated though.

The Ogor example:

A Huskard on Thundertusk is of course a priest, but we have some arguments how he works, as I believe he works like Khorne slaughterpriests for example regarding the prayers he can do per turn. E.g in the hero phase a boulderhead huskard on thundertusk can use pulverizing hailstorm as the everwinter prayer, then he can also do 1 of the prayers stated in his Blizzard Speaker ability.

RAW I do not see anything to contradict this, as the allegiance abilities state they know 1 everwinter prayer and can cast 1 everwinter prayer per turn if they are a priest (also rule of 1). Blizzard speaker is an ability and not related to everwinter prayers at all, so as I see it this works entirely seperate from everwinter prayers, so he can also cast 1 of thoe as stated on the warscroll.

Is there anything I missed here which would cause him to choose between using an everwinter prayer and using his Blizzard speaker ability?

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

So I posted this question in the Ogor forum, but I suspect this covers multiple armies and the wording on priests in general. It seems this varies between books currently, with some priests having their rules stated in allegiance abilities, while others are on the warscroll and some even overwrites each other in ways, such as DoK hags who can pray once per their warscroll, but the prayer rules in the tome allows them to pray twice, that is pretty clearly stated though.

The Ogor example:

A Huskard on Thundertusk is of course a priest, but we have some arguments how he works, as I believe he works like Khorne slaughterpriests for example regarding the prayers he can do per turn. E.g in the hero phase a boulderhead huskard on thundertusk can use pulverizing hailstorm as the everwinter prayer, then he can also do 1 of the prayers stated in his Blizzard Speaker ability.

RAW I do not see anything to contradict this, as the allegiance abilities state they know 1 everwinter prayer and can cast 1 everwinter prayer per turn if they are a priest (also rule of 1). Blizzard speaker is an ability and not related to everwinter prayers at all, so as I see it this works entirely seperate from everwinter prayers, so he can also cast 1 of thoe as stated on the warscroll.

Is there anything I missed here which would cause him to choose between using an everwinter prayer and using his Blizzard speaker ability?

If you would have to choose between both the rules for everwinter prayers should have stated that you can't combine both (which is not the case).

Prayers don't use one pool like spells. Blizzard Speaker and the Everwinter Prayers are two different pools and you can use both. You only have the restrictions inside the different pools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1