Cavalry Seraphon list

inflitionz

Hi, having I'm interested in a list with mainly Cavalry and hard hitting charges. 

A fast elite army that all synergies well together. 

Firelance Starhost 60

Saurus Oldblood on carnosaur - 320 

3 X 5 Saurus Knights 360 

Firelance Starhost 60

Saurus Scar Veteran on carnosaur - 260

3 X 5 Saurus Knights 360 

Saurus Scar Veteran on carnosaur - 260

Skink Star priest - 100

Skink Priest - 100

Skink Priest - 100

Idea is to have Bubbles of re roll save charge and run from the skink priests to all units - with +3 on charges and 6+ wounds giving mortal wounds on top of mortal wounds this could lead to a hard hitting glass cannon army with high mobility 

Also allows 3 magical artefacts - one for each carnosaur leading to even more power on the charge  

I'll be blunt. Have you gone out and wasted your money on this list already?

Do you intend to play at any tournaments and do well?

This list is terrible because Saurus Cavalry are unmitigated junk. Incredibly slow, not tough enough and they do negligible damage on a charge. I played against this formation at Rain of Stars and it was seriously meh. Carnosaurs simply don't do enough damage to be significant either. To its credit it does look amazing on the table. To be fair, very many cavalry units are junk in this game (Chaos Knights, Juggies, Cold One Knights, Varanguard for 120 a model, Dragon Princes) - usually because they don't have enough rend.

Competitive Seraphon lists that I've seen revolve around (a) Kroak plus Temple Guard plus Skink Priests or (b) 4 monsters that are either Dread Saurian or Bastiladons or Engines of the Gods.

Cheers for the reply nope I'm primarily a shaven player but looking to get into lizards! 

Yeah it would be nice to okay at tournaments 

That is a shame as i agree it would a great army on the table, as playing skaven with a high  model count i was looking for a small model count elite seraphon army but from what you say i guess thats not possible and there strengths are within defensive foot slogging ? 

I mean seriously guys...saurus knights are 120 points.  I wouldn't build a whole army around them, but there is a place for them if you wanted to give it a go.

Firelance
Scar Vet on Carnosaur
10 Saurus Knights
5 Saurus Knights
5 Saurus Knights

Celestial Hurricanum

Sunclaw Starhost
Saurus Sunblood
20 Saurus Warriors
20 Saurus Warriors
10 Saurus Warriors

Skink Priest
Skink Priest

The unit of 10 saurus knights on the charge with command ability and +1 to hit will average 11.3 wounds after armor plus an additional 8.8 mortal wounds.  The grand total vs 3+ armor would be 15.6 wounds.  Almost enough to kill Alarielle.

Alternatively you could summon an astrolith instead of taking the hurricanum to get rerolls to hit.  It wouldn't be as powerful, but it would allow full seraphon allegiance.

How are you getting that many sixes on the wound rolls (not hit rolls) for the lances only? There's only 11 attacks (they don't have a club and a lance). 

5s to hit will generate extra attack rolls.

Each 6 to wound will be 2 mortal wounds. But that still requires 4.4 6s to wound unmodified.

Also judging the damage output of something by tacking on a Celestial Hurricanum isn't very representative.

Also with movement 7, barely outpacing Elves and Clanrats, don't expect to be making too many charges.

They can march 14", which obviously isn't the greatest thing and only useful half the time.  The Firelance is also +3 run and charge, which makes them a wash with other "heavy" knights.

Sorry I read the lances rolls as being on the to hit roll, but it's on the to wound.  Doh.  So more around 4 mortal wounds on top of the regular damage above.  This would actually make the Astrolith the almost comparable in effectiveness.

6 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Well, you'd have to kill two unless you had some bravery reduction nearby, which is feasible.   If you can give it reroll to hit and sick it on other monsters it's a real beast. 

You wouldn't need to kill 2, only 1. The battleshock rules state you must roll a dice for each unit that loses a model in the turn. Usually players forgo the roll if it is impossible to cause models to flee, but technically it still needs to be rolled.

So as long as you killed one in the turn, the player would have to roll a bravery test and if you beat the roll he would lose D3 models :) 

Yeah, and it doesn't even need to be the Carnosaur doing the killing, it just needs to be within 8". That's super scary against any multi-wound unit like Kurnoth Hunters, Stormfiends etc etc

I would love to see it in action!

Archived