New Years Hobby Resolution 2020

Kramer

I think it's a good first post for me on these forums to make my resolutions for 2020. 

Whilst having fun with Idoneth Deepkin in 2019, they didn't feel like the right faction for me. So I'm making a move to find my new faction for 2020. I'm not saying I've found it right now and can't change for the whole year, I'm still in the discovery phase.

What I will say however is that currently my two top candidates are Stormcast Eternals and Disciples of Tzeentch, I'm going to be taking the former to a slow grow to get familiar with them.

My resolution for 2020 is to find my favourite faction to play, THEN stick with them to build a fully painted 2000 point list with options.

I plan to run a painting/playing blog to keep myself inspired.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Malchior said:

y resolution for 2020 is to find my favourite faction to play, THEN stick with them to build a fully painted 2000 point list with options.

Have you a gaming group with someone that plays those armies? Easiest way to find out is to borrow for two or three games. 

I have a 3 things:

*Finish my huge Hammers of Sigmar army (if new releases come, add and finish them too). 

*Make a dent in my Slaves to Darkness collection (which spans to 5th ed.... ). Rebasing and new additions galore (Warcry and pretty warriors) 

*Don't buy a new army (Pointy Aelves, I'm looking at you). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finish painting everything I have. 😆

No but seriously, I read blog about managing paint projects and they suggested using Trello, which I have done to map everything in my paint queue:

Untitled-1.jpg.c1be8d54cd96823fd6ad369f4ad4031c.jpg

I aim to finish off FEC, complete Cities and Ossiarch and maybe get some of Blackstone done. 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

No but seriously, I read blog about managing paint projects and they suggested using Trello, which I have done to map everything in my paint queue:

Untitled-1.jpg.c1be8d54cd96823fd6ad369f4ad4031c.jpg

Ok, that looks so much better than mine in the app! Might need to start up the computer...

You’re right though, being able to keep track of what needs to be done, but more importantly all you’ve actually managed to finish makes such a difference to motivation!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maxi99 said:

ou’re right though, being able to keep track of what needs to be done, but more importantly all you’ve actually managed to finish makes such a difference to motivation!

Was about to say that Amount of structure would kill me but easy access to what you have done far outweighs that 😅

im gonna give that a go. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Was about to say that Amount of structure would kill me but easy access to what you have done far outweighs that 😅

im gonna give that a go. 

It's worth it- break down everything into smaller tasks- I have 60 ghouls to paint and have divided those into 20s. Just finished my first set of 20! Much more manageable than 60!

4 minutes ago, hughwyeth said:

It's worth it- break down everything into smaller tasks- I have 60 ghouls to paint and have divided those into 20s. Just finished my first set of 20! Much more manageable than 60!

Yeah I do that with units. But usually it’s. Almost done with a unit from faction A, force myself through final details, stow everything faction A in storage, start unit faction C. 
so it works as long as I force myself through the finishing touches. 

On 1/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, Greyshadow said:

Before I put up my new years resolutions, let's have a look at my 2019 ones:

1) Herald of Tzeentch for Silver Tower - done!

2) 3 Freeguild Archers for Skirmish - done (+2 more)!

3) Archeological dig site terrain set, including some tents, crates and some treasure chests to use as objectives - done! (See tents below)

4) Freeguild war camp terrain set, including command tents, camp fire, pickets - done (sort of)! I decided I didn't need a full war camp and made a scout camp for my skirmish force instead.

I also got lots of extra stuff done too!

- 5 Greatswords

- Azyrite ruins

-  3 Shattered Dominion Objectives

- Ophidian Archway and Azyrite Townscape

Models painted 2019: 29 (11 troops, 18 terrain pieces)

Models rebased 2019: 25 (8 Kairic Acolytes, 6 Tzaangors, 1 Ogroid Thurmaturge, 10 Freeguild Guard with swords and shields)

Given I exceeded my goals, I thought I'd be a little more ambitions for next year...

2020 Goals:

- 3 Chaos Warriors

- 5 Chaos Warhounds

- Hrothgorn's Mantrappers

- Freeguild General on Griffon

- 5 Freeguild Greatswords

- 3 Empire Wolfships

Damn. All of those painted models are fantastic. How long did that take you? WOuld you be willing to commission an army for me?

• Thanks 1