Wrath of the Everchosen is Eaxactly the AoS content I want to see!

RexHavoc

Haven't got mine yet (hobby funds suspended due to family & car troubles) but there's some excellent review source from Mengal miniatures:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mengelminiatures.com/2020/02/review-wrath-of-everchosen.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwim9-qT8MLnAhWGHzQIHbpMC2MQFjAAegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1wkhSXPwzv964VJ_UMdWKD

Loved how "oh crud" this moment is for the Hallowed Knights.

IMG_6963.jpg

And Lady Atia's blog:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Rules:

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/4408

Plus easy to miss Slaanesh sub-faction fluff in the comments.

9eb535a32c7fed1c8f1d01897d45c45e608d2afa

• Like 1

I just got mine yesterday...

For me it is absolutely worthwhile.

Not only because of the fluff and lore, but also especially because of the new Battleplans and additional rules for roaming monsters and spells.

It's just a nice add-on.

• Like 3

Just now, Greasygeek said:

What do we know about the new rules for Siege? Also, the fact that Lady Olynder is a part of the story had me hoping for anything Nighthaunt related beside a bit of lore. Do we know for sure that only Chaos bennifits from this book? 

"Siege Rules are the biggest addition here for Narrative play. These seem to be more of an evolution of the existing siege rules we already have instead of a complete redo. All of the scenarios have an attacker and a defender, as would make sense, and the defender needs to have a fortification. It says it can be any set of scenery such as Wyldwoods or a fortified set of ruins, or whatever works really. There is then a siege phase that takes place after deployment, but before the game begins. The attacker secretly picks whether they are going to focus on starving the enemy, battering their defenses, or tunneling, and the defender picks which they are going to try and defend against, in secret as well. Then you both reveal your results and consult a table which gives you bonuses or de-buffs on the next part. You then roll to see how starved the defender's army is by rolling for each unit and on a 5+ doing D3 mortal wounds to them. The attacker then rolls for each piece of scenery in the defender's territory and on a 5+ it loses its terrain rules besides cover. Lastly, you both roll a dice for tunneling and if the attacker rolls higher then one hero and two units can be taken off the board to tunnel on later. These pop up at the start of any movement phase within 6" of the point and more than 3" away from enemy units.

There are also three new sets of command abilities for each player. For instance, the attacker has Cry Havoc which allows them to pick a unit in the combat phase within range of their hero and gives them +1 to hit, but -1 to their save as they fully commit to attacking no matter the cost. The Defender has ones like Boiling Oil that lets you pick a terrain feature you're garrisoning and roll a dice for each enemy unit near it, doing D3 mortal wounds on a 4+. Lastly, each army gets a new set of allegiance abilities, one if they're the attacker and one if they're the defender. For instance, Nighthaunt cannot be starved if they're the defender, and cannot be affected by Boiling Oil if they're the attacker. There are also two generic siege battleplans included."

As for non-chaos benefits, unfortunately no.

Great stuff for narrative play or spicing up matched play for anyone, though. Siege rules, new chaos Realmscape features(choking spores stopping flying is a strategy shifter), 6 new battleplans any armies can use and roaming monster & wandering Living spell charts and rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

"Siege Rules are the biggest addition here for Narrative play. These seem to be more of an evolution of the existing siege rules we already have instead of a complete redo. All of the scenarios have an attacker and a defender, as would make sense, and the defender needs to have a fortification. It says it can be any set of scenery such as Wyldwoods or a fortified set of ruins, or whatever works really. There is then a siege phase that takes place after deployment, but before the game begins. The attacker secretly picks whether they are going to focus on starving the enemy, battering their defenses, or tunneling, and the defender picks which they are going to try and defend against, in secret as well. Then you both reveal your results and consult a table which gives you bonuses or de-buffs on the next part. You then roll to see how starved the defender's army is by rolling for each unit and on a 5+ doing D3 mortal wounds to them. The attacker then rolls for each piece of scenery in the defender's territory and on a 5+ it loses its terrain rules besides cover. Lastly, you both roll a dice for tunneling and if the attacker rolls higher then one hero and two units can be taken off the board to tunnel on later. These pop up at the start of any movement phase within 6" of the point and more than 3" away from enemy units.

There are also three new sets of command abilities for each player. For instance, the attacker has Cry Havoc which allows them to pick a unit in the combat phase within range of their hero and gives them +1 to hit, but -1 to their save as they fully commit to attacking no matter the cost. The Defender has ones like Boiling Oil that lets you pick a terrain feature you're garrisoning and roll a dice for each enemy unit near it, doing D3 mortal wounds on a 4+. Lastly, each army gets a new set of allegiance abilities, one if they're the attacker and one if they're the defender. For instance, Nighthaunt cannot be starved if they're the defender, and cannot be affected by Boiling Oil if they're the attacker. There are also two generic siege battleplans included."

As for non-chaos benefits, unfortunately no.

Great stuff for narrative play or spicing up matched play for anyone, though. Siege rules, new chaos Realmscape features(choking spores stopping flying is a strategy shifter), 6 new battleplans any armies can use and roaming monster & wandering Living spell charts and rules.

That all sounds great. I'd love to do a siege game like that!

Indeed! I can tell they really built off the past Dreadhold battletome siege rules and the army-effecting warfare from the Firestorm campaign with this adding in faction special traits and scenery effects for even more twists to the gameplay.

Really a huge highlight of this campaign book besides the great fluff. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, erasercrumbs said:

I'm kinda reserved about paying a premium price for a book that's not really dedicated to a faction I play. I run Nurgle and collect Slaanesh as a side project, but 40 bucks for a few lines of rules and a couple of mentions in the lore doesn't excite me.

Yea, I want to know more about the lore, and the rules look very good. Especially the roaming beasts, which can probably be used to replace Ghur’s messy realmscape rules...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

In Soul Wars : Forbidden Power, in the Orruk Warclans and Cities Of Sigmar Battletomes, and from here : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/06/forbidden-power-the-hammer-god/

This is extremely exciting to read. The whole destruction faction is feeling the raw power of the Waaagh and is being swept away but its current of war. 

• Like 3

Picked up the book last weekend. Honestly it is well worth the investment. I enjoyed the lore (a lot of big characters in play and some interesting reveals for the future), and the rules overall are pretty cool. The subfactions are interesting. I know a lot of people are judging it like they didn't do anything, but free rules are free so can't complain. Khorne got running and charging bloodthirsters. Getting a game in with that faction the command ability that comes with it along with the relic helped out a lot more than I expected. Tzeentch just has more tools to play around with. Nurgle benefited the most as they have 4 subfactions and access to a locus that is well worth its weight in gold. I'm thinking Munificent Wanderers will be a fun faction to play with. Slaanesh getting even more rules, though some are harder to judge than others. I personally love Godseekers, so I got most likely the worst subfaction, but oh well. Chaos Ascendant is a nice callback to undivided daemons, and Belakor having a personal subfaction is great. All of the buffs come from being within (not wholly), so he has gotten a lot tankier. Knights of the Empty Throne had some cool ideas behind it, but it honestly just isn't great. Varanguard being heroes is cute but not very impactful in the long term.

• Like 2