AoS 2 - Pointy Aelves ("High Elves") Discussion (name tbd!)

kenshin620

I'd rather like to have rules for the task force that needs to purify the lingering corruption of chaos, nothing fancy, perhaps if they include the elemental shield that the discontinued Archmage had, it grants the "ignore  mortal wound on 5 rather than 6".  Others would be in the line of move before the game starts, shot and then move, re-roll for charge and mount attacks, come to think of it, the "Martial Defence" from the Spire of the Dawn would be neat.

• Like 1

I'm glad I didn't go all in on buying Nighthaunt a couple weeks ago, which have finally arrived, because give me cavalry elves and I might not be able to control myself.

I hope we get some more lore soon, tho. I'm one of those who rather than looking at meta look at aesthetics + lore and ask myself whether I could see myself writing bad fanfiction of "my dudes", or have some idea in mind about paint schemes just from looking at them.

But at least my 600p of Nighthaunt won't go to waste, I haven't touched a brush in...at least half a decade. Pretty easy to relearn painting (this time without one thicc layer) with them!

• Like 2

My bad fanfic tends to be a result of hilarious hijinx that happens during games.  Like my High Elf Archers Champion who consistently failed his to hit rolls for years, earning the name Hawkeye.  We discovered it was because the model behind Hawkeye I had accidently painted with eyes going in opposite directions.  Basically he tried to "help" Hawkeye all the time, with incredibly poor results.

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

With what they've been saying about Teclis trying to recreate the past, do you think the factions will be based on old Ulthuan, or the new cultures that have sprung up on Hysh since AOS?

Sometimes things simply cannot be put back together, the provinces with their unique structure are gone. The Cythai weren't named Asur or any derivation of it, the city the Teclis build isn't named "New Lothern", furthermore it isn't healthy to force the new culture into something that was, leaving it no room to grow on its own. I feel we might see few battalions that would act as a "remembrance formation", but sub factions are likely going to reflect the needs and culture of these new elves.

• Like 4

See, I think this faction, while having an AOS spin on things, will be much more of remembrance one.  I forget where it was mentioned, but it was said that Teclis has survivor's guilt, and wants to save the souls of his actual kin, and recreate their golden age.  I think we'll see new names and slight changes, but I think quite a bit of this faction will be recognizable from their starting point in Ulthuan.

I also think this part of where the narrative tension for the faction will come in, in addition to whatever flaws Teclis missed.  That whole "character out time" trope, but writ large across an entire faction will be very interesting I think.

Edited by Koradrel of Chrace

7 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

So, if there is a named character Pointy elf Hero (besides Teclis or Tyrion, of course) who would you like to see reclaimed from the belly of Slaanesh?

Imrik springs to mind, but without his iconic dragon I'd rather see Alith Anar return to do warcri...I mean, be a totally noble defender of his people and never doing exactly what the Dark Elves were doing. Totally.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

What kinds of weird units do you want to see?  What is something that's really far out there that would make the new army really clutch for you?  I'd like to see some sort of Light Elemental, something that could shift between crystalline and ethereal forms.

I’d love to see a White Lions mixed unit ala squigs/herders. 

I have heavily invested into CoS recently(still assembling mine 20 models of Sisters of Throrn), but give me good looking dragon models and I will file for bankruptcy.

P.S. I hope there is a chance we will see Forest Dragon model just like in Total war. Those guys are gorgeous...

Edited by Zeblasky

1 hour ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

What kinds of weird units do you want to see?  What is something that's really far out there that would make the new army really clutch for you?  I'd like to see some sort of Light Elemental, something that could shift between crystalline and ethereal forms.

Something weird? Give me a GW-fied, deconstructed dragon of Hysh. Something really out there, making it a fitting creature of the Realm of Light. In a more general wishlist however, I'd like to see something akin to White Lions return. And cavalry. Or both in one - lion cavalry!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I want to second the idea of fleshing out Hysh.  Aqshy, Ghyran, and Ghur seem to have gotten most of the love.  This would be a great spot to start branching out and discovering new ground for the Mortal Realms.

I wish they had delayed the new campaign book just a bit so we could have this faction included in it.

Honestly one of the coolest parts of Warcry was the human tribes from across the realms, and seeing stuff like the realm of light and darkness being representative in their culture. Which other realms haven’t been fleshed out though? It seems we covered mostly Ghyran, aqshy and shyish the most.