AoS 2 - Pointy Aelves ("High Elves") Discussion (name tbd!)

kenshin620

38 minutes ago, Toptramp said:

the spears are not next gen models either, looks like mono pose with a choice of spear 40 or 45 degrees -  less dynamic that when this was rank and file (which they would fit nicely into)

i agree that these gies could have been a little more dynamic. 

imagine if they had the basic poses here mixed with 6th edition eternal guard poses (these wardens seem to be useing 2 handed spears). mixed with 1 handed poses (like those of the old high elf spearmen, aswell as over arm thrusts, and more non-fighting running poses).

maybe they have limited dynamics in the poses due to being a dueltripple  kitt. the more options a kitt has usually results in less variety of poses (as all the weapon options need to go well with the body positions) and less dynamic positions. if this is the case i can imagine the start collecting mono-pose kits will be more dynamic (if they choose to do mono-pose start collecting kitts)

alternatively it could be done on purpose if there is a more skirmishy/moble infantry unit that they would want to contrast with.  thus create a clearer visual range between a units in game ability?

• Like 1

Very excited by the new models, didn’t like Teclis at first but he’s growing on me.  Eltharion is fantastic! 
I like that they have the whole high elf thing going on and that they’re quite grounded. I love the ‘out there’ factions of AOS as well and having a bit of both just means there’s something for everyone! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xking said:

Was Eltharion one of the people sacrificed to bring back Nagash? 

No, he lead the expedition to rescue Aliathra, Tyrion and Alarielle's daughter, from being part of the sacrifice.  The high elves fought Arkhan's force at the site of the ritual and Eltharion was able to push all the way up to Arkhan, who hit the Grim with a point-blank Curse of Years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

2.jpg.147db4be7a4a8b8edf3dccb7a6c9cad7.jpg

The way his model is only supported by a small piece of cloth on the wing with the center of mass in front of that construction.

We'll be calling him Wigglis the Wiggler of the Wiggletower. Mark my words! The moment people first hold this model in their hands and move it, he'll be called Wigglis the Wiggler of the Wiggletower!

20 minutes ago, The_Dudemeister said:

The way his model is only supported by a small piece of cloth on the wing with the center of mass in front of that construction.

We'll be calling him Wigglis the Wiggler of the Wiggletower. Mark my words! The moment people first hold this model in their hands and move it, he'll be called Wigglis the Wiggler of the Wiggletower!

I wonder if he can be attached to the back of the sphinx, with the cape glued to it. Could reduce the issue

So I had some time to sleep on my ideas, and Teclis is on a seesaw going from terrible to awesome in my mind. I would have to see what he looks like in real life to see if I love him or not.

so one of the things I just want to see now is what happens when an elven society isn’t falling apart at the seams like in most fantasies. I don’t want any more doom and gloom elven civilizations, I just want to see what happens when they are flourishing, powerful and hopeful dammit. This looks to be in the right direction, even if they are still standing on the ruins of their society in model form.

i at least want to see what happens when their gods are able to walk and fight alongside them. Before the gods in the old world where esoteric and not all the way there till the end times. Now they can go to fight alongside at least one or two  gods of their pantheon.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

I actually like Teclis' new model. His face is rough, true, but someone on the Facebook group had a nice way of describing it: he looks like an old dude who's seen too much, like a grumpy magic elf.

I even like that he's floating over his companion's shoulder like a magical parrot. I think Celennar does the fighting while Teclis hangs back and casts spells.

Truthfully, I'm ashamed of this community for focusing on his face so much we all just ignore those ****** genie Hammer pants. Look at those pants.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I actually like Teclis' new model. His face is rough, true, but someone on the Facebook group had a nice way of describing it: he looks like an old dude who's seen too much, like a grumpy magic elf.

I even like that he's floating over his companion's shoulder like a magical parrot. I think Celennar does the fighting while Teclis hangs back and casts spells.

Truthfully, I'm ashamed of this community for focusing on his face so much we all just ignore those ****** genie Hammer pants. Look at those pants.

You know, I can accept the face when you put it like that. He had two worlds to live through and is now on his second race of elves. I can accept that now, and It's starting to grow on me a bit more. But that could be me forcing it. He is also a god, so that could just be the Alien sort of look to show he's not of this world just yet.

I could also see someone painting the face to look like a porcelain mask.

The rest of his clothing doesn't bother me, even his magnificent helmet. I really can't wait to see more of these guys though, and I have to keep the hype high for the new aelves. I really want to see what the Captain equivalent is like. I'm hoping for a mix between a loremaster swordsman and an old high elf prince, maybe with a few options for different mounts. Still holding out hope for a dragon lord.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

You know, I can accept the face when you put it like that. He had two worlds to live through and is now on his second race of elves. I can accept that now, and It's starting to grow on me a bit more. But that could be me forcing it. He is also a god, so that could just be the Alien sort of look to show he's not of this world just yet.

He also exploded in the end times if I recall correctly. I think he’s earned the right to be a bit grumpy.

he also growing on me with the screenshots for the video. I saw someone mention somewhere that they look more like a duo than mount and rider, and that kinda makes the pose make more sense. If there’s room on the base I’d be tempted to have him standing on a Balewind vortex or similar, rather than just floating there like a grumpy phantom.

• Like 2

I guess I'll just model my own Teclis after the artwork xD.... or maybe, just maybe, the model will grow on me in some weird, light, sphinxy-way :D

yet: I WANT A DRAGON XD

Edit: I guess I'l give mine either a bright golden or silver armor and put on a bit more red to the cloth :)

Edited by JackStreicher