AoS 2 - Pointy Aelves ("High Elves") Discussion (name tbd!)

kenshin620

GW historically does horrible jobs on their faces for characters.  The old High Elf female mage had a paint job that made her look like a man, but the model itself was actually really good.  I'd wait until you have Teclis in hand to judge.

While he isn't featured, I still want to know where Tyrion is.  And the other question is: are there dragons?

If Teclis is all we are getting, though, I am beyond happy.  That is a truely amazing centerpiece model.  It's time I start upping my painting game.

• Like 1

He looks good but something is off about him. But that’s only to me personally. His pose and face just don’t quite look right for my personal tastes. He’s a beautifully sculpted mini though, and I definitely love his weirdo creature thing. I hope there are more majestic creatures with odd face masks, quite surreal and cool. 

31 minutes ago, Casandora Yellow said:

So generally how long do factions get released after they are announced? A few months I presume?

No more than 1 month, we will see them as the big release right before 40k 9th is announced at Adepticon in March.

I'm loving the basic infantry which is super important. Having swords, shields and spears also sounds amazing. Not only keeps them versatile but 40 man blocks will have no compromises AND look amazing on the table.

Alas, no dragons though. There is still time, but I am beginning to wonder if Tyrion will be kept away along with dragons for a wave 2 in a couple of years. Malerion is more and more likely going to be dragon focused I feel as there is no way GW let's that section of the hobby be so dormant. There is a huge market for freaks like us haha. Gah they really need to buff the Stardrake

• Like 1

Also, interestingly, they all have lances and swords, and a little “holder” for their lances just behind them. I wander if they’ll do an epic charge with lances doing double dmg and all that sweet jazz and then swap to swords for a different profile that lets them keep up dmg in prolonged fights. Pure speculation which I’m sure isn’t true but I’m liking the attention to detail in these minis. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

So, somebody just posted this over in the Rumors thread, but what does everyone think about the idea that the masked face in the upper right of the last shot of the video could be Tyrion?

Nope. It is Celennar, Teclis' mount. The face has horns, the same forehead decoration, necklace and earnings as the  Celennar miniature

• Sad 1

I love the units so far (but not the biggest fan of their paint scheme, I will definitely use less white), but am hoping they get a more 'monstrous' cavalry unit in the near future as well  (eagle cav, eagle cav)

also really love The Light of Eltharion, It would be cool if they get an elite unit of similar liveing armor, but at the same time it would be cool to keep Eltharion unique.

Eltharion's helmet and the dragon banner the cavalry have, give me hope for eagles/griffons/bird-thingies and dragons in the future tho.

now i just need to create a new pic that combines the 2 units and Eltharion...

I am overall very happy that there seems to be something for everyone :)
The Auralan Wardens are especially beautiful - I'll be needing so many of them ^^ The Leader of the Unit seems to carry a lantern/lamp of some sorts thats really cool.
Sadly I am not that into Teclis or Eltharion though. Really hope for some nameless "standard" Heroes to flesh put the range.

To get the negative out of the way, Teclis looks... weird. I think it’s the pose and the way he’s off centre on the mount perhaps? In any case I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought that. I like his flying Sphinx though.

As for the rest, I really like it. The infantry style really hits the spot for me in particular, and I love the hollow armour- looks really well done.

• Like 2

Could be Tyrion 🤔

92EE216F-0704-494A-A589-FF692EE8D347.png.a91ea6b12d7111b661c015f838d972cf.png

Edit: my issue with Teclis is his face, his pose (looks like an old man with saggy pants?) and the overall lack of awe a god should inspire... his artwork is what he should look like.

the rest of the models will look amazing with silver armor!

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3

oh I love those spearmen!

black, gold, red color theme gonna look so badass - can't wait to lay my hands on them. 

The guy in the hollowed armour is such a cool idea!

...and Teclis, yeah, not my taste. 

If you look an his trousers and then at the face of the guy in the background in the post above this one, this looks kinda 1001 nights/arabic esthetic gin. 

2 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

The model honestly looks better in the video.  Go look again and see if you agree.

Holy moly, you're correct! I absolutely hated Teclis after the photo, and now I suddenly love it after seeing the video. Rollercoaster of emotions. Bold sculpting and idea, but it actually really works live it seems.

• Like 1

Honestly disappointed with this release.

teclis in my opinion is the worst modern charc Model in AOS.

the face is terrible,  the pose is...You buy teclis and get a random creature, with an elf (that’s supposed to be a god) that is less than 3 times the size as the beast and not even Center of the whole piece.

its like teclis is the herald rather than the prince on this model....Syll'Esske: The Vengeful Allegiance

except the on teclis model the scaling and position are even worse - teclis should be the centre of a teclis model...

the composition is just wrong.

then when your eyes finally get to the part that’s supposed to be the model you see teclis’ face. It could be the paint job - but it’s awful 

compare it to the art...

I don’t know why they did this.  

imagine they released gulliman jumping off the side of a new larger imp knight,  hanging off a model that is dominating the whole piece.... with a base so large you can’t ever make teclis the centrepiece and play with it?

the spears are not next gen models either, looks like mono pose with a choice of spear 40 or 45 degrees -  less dynamic that when this was rank and file (which they would fit nicely into)

The Light of Eltharion, fantastic model, and horses are nice though.

i can’t get over the things mentioned so will be saving money and praying they don’t gimp Tyrion Face, model and his elves.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1