AoS 2 - Pointy Aelves ("High Elves") Discussion (name tbd!)

kenshin620

Also a Tolkien Fan here :D
I always liked the different cultures of Elves in the Silmarillion - the difference between the Noldor and the Sindar for example. In the Noldor you have groups with more advanced armour and smithing compared to the
other Elven People like the Elves of Middle Earth or even the Teleri. The whole story of the migrating Noldor and Feanors rise and fall are probably my favourite part of it all.
In my mind many archetypes of "your typical High Elves" were created here. Passionate and driven the Noldor saw themselves as protectors of the People of Middle-Earth in the fight against Morgoth - as hopeless as it was, their military prowess and stubborness kept them afloat for awhile. Their Pride and the Oath led to infighting amongst the Elves themselves - the whole tragic Dimension is interwoven in this set of tropes that make "High Elves" unique, atleast for me: 
-sort of militaristic - but off putting to others
-loyal - but with fatal consequences for that loyalty
-pride and prowess - that lead to their downfall

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Azamar said:

I wouldn’t rule out Tyrion being part of the faction yet- if Teclis is there he surely can’t be far behind. 

Yeah, a lot of data that's currently buzzing around are just guesses. I'm not ruling out anything and rather enjoy the suspense, before the curtain is rolled up.

Australia time zone for me. 9pm  for us is 4pm today apparently so 1 and a half hours left to go. I’m a little concerned that they’ll just be showing off Teclis and we’ll have to wait for the full reveals at a later date. But I’m hoping I’m wrong.

Edited by Tiberius501

42 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Australia time zone for me. 9pm  for us is 4pm today apparently so 1 and a half hours left to go. I’m a little concerned that they’ll just be showing off Teclis and we’ll have to wait for the full reveals at a later date. But I’m hoping I’m wrong.

I would be conservative with my hopes; just look at other reveals like ossiarch and sisters, the first few announcements didn't show much solid

5 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

So I am naturally going to buy Teclis and paint the ****** out of him....and then I will take a picture of him, tape it to a popsicle stick, and put that on a base.  Because that model scares me with the very idea of transporting it!

Look, I think it’s time We as a hobby group invested in special magnets to make models float. That’s the only way I could imagine playing Teclis on that base.

the only critique I have is teclis’s face. It looks a little alien to me, but maybe that’s the point?

i love the light of eltharion, and I am so interested in seeing how that grim ****** came back. And I am interested to see how the Calvary does in game. Their horses don’t look like they have the powerful jaws of a drake or an eel, so I wonder how much weight the rider’s lance will pull.