AoS 2 - Pointy Aelves ("High Elves") Discussion (name tbd!)

kenshin620

34 minutes ago, Zeblasky said:

I think those models will be used both for AoS and The Old World. I really doubt it that GW will create 2 separate lineups for basically the same race.

I doubt this very much.  Hysh Aelfs wont be just a upgrade of the old high aelf kits. This will be a completly new faction. They will most likely take a lot of inspiration from the world-that-was but they wont be a 1:1 translation of old units. 

That would be contrary to everything GW has done in AoS so far. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Gecktron said:

I doubt this very much.  Hysh Aelfs wont be just a upgrade of the old high aelf kits. This will be a completly new faction. They will most likely take a lot of inspiration from the world-that-was but they wont be a 1:1 translation of old units. 

I completely agree

3 hours ago, Gecktron said:

This is my thoughts as well.  Inspired but new and stylized for AOS...completely new faction.

• Like 1

No matter how they name them now...they set the name Pointy Aelves in stone.

I really hope that they turn our not too close to old High Elves...they were my least favourite  of the family...

Edited by Dodo

8 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Well, they have announced plans for Old World return only recently, so if this tendency is to change, it would happen now.

Edited by Zeblasky

2 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Do they know if they retain the old high elf style or will this be complete revamp?

Well, since in the lore Teclis seems to have spent his entire time trying to re-create the golden age of High Elf society, there's a pretty good chance.  The good news is we won't have long to wait before we find out.

I hope to be mistaken, but im totally sure new teclis elfs will have mistwaver saith stetic,

U only need to see teclis shadow and the elfslike rumor images. They are identical.

Big moons on helm and staff. Tassels on robes,staff,helm etc. Long flowing robes. Long knots of hair etc etc

And this killed my hipe since the no face, the half head bald like a rave guy etc isnt my taste.

I would have love to see old elves redone in new tech. But... Im sure they will have saith stetic, full of weird tassels, plates on faces, lower part of head bald, long hair, moons on helm and weapons. And lots of robes with litle armor.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

I hope to be mistaken, but im totally sure new teclis elfs will have mistwaver saith stetic,

U only need to see teclis shadow and the elfslike rumor images. They are identical.

Big moons on helm and staff. Tassels on robes,staff,helm etc. Long flowing robes. Long knots of hair etc etc

And this killed my hipe since the no face, the half head bald like a rave guy etc isnt my taste.

I would have love to see old elves redone in new tech. But... Im sure they will have saith stetic, full of weird tassels, plates on faces, lower part of head bald, long hair, moons on helm and weapons. And lots of robes with litle armor.

Well they mentioned "pointy" so the big hats must be back.

That said, most elven kits comes with a lot of head options. Pretty sure you will be able to find some you enjoy.

5 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

Pretty sure Mistweaver is part of the Dark Elf faction. 

Anyway I don't think these are the Hysh Light Elves, I think they are Teclis's attempt at the High Elves. Tyrion's Elf's will likley be the Light Elves, while Teclis will recreate the Classic High Elves. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Gecktron said:

I mean, GW just re-released the same Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knights.  The Knights are especially gorgeous and the people I know who play Slaves seem to be extremely happy with them, and the fact that they didn't mess up their beloved Slaves.

Edited by Zanzou
  • Like 1

It is curious that they are referring to these as Teclis’ Aelves despite it being Tyrion who is the God and the warrior so there should be Tyrion’s Aelves somewhere... Though I doubt they would release two separate Light Aelves factions.  

I was waiting for looong time. Would want to be magic heavy as Tzeentch is. Mistweaver-like design and I'm in. However, if GW makes the same mistake as with Witch Elves and makes old sculpts the backbone of the army I will ignore them same as I did with DoK. I still expect GW to make an expansion for DoK with new models for battleline. 

2 hours ago, Envyus said:

Pretty sure Mistweaver is part of the Dark Elf faction. 

Anyway I don't think these are the Hysh Light Elves, I think they are Teclis's attempt at the High Elves. Tyrion's Elf's will likley be the Light Elves, while Teclis will recreate the Classic High Elves. 

I think these are the Light Aelves that were rumored, not a full remake of classic elves, no Tyrion involved. Otherwise there would be an excessive number of Aelf factions. I mean, more Aelves than humans. Currently we know of;

• Idoneth - Sea Raider Aelves.

• Daughters - Aelf Cultists with a focus on Khaine.

• Sylvaneth - Not Aelves in a tradition sense, but crafted by an Aelf goddess using the souls of dead aelves, sometimes in Aelven shapes like The Revenants. Took the place of the Wood Elves.

• Kurnothi - Half elf and half deer, could be argued to be paired with the Sylvaneth if more Kurnothi are introduced.

• CoS Aelves - All the Old Standard Elves.

• Pointy Aelves - High Elf replacement created by Teclis, but most likely not what people expect. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t look similar to the Hysh Warcry warband.

• Rumored Dark Aelves - Unknown currently, other than Mistweaver Sai and that other Warhammer Quest Hero.

It is a lot of Aelf factions, and I don’t think Tyrion will have his own separate one. Grungni currently is follower-less so having no worshippers is a possibility, and as far as we know there is a chance Teclis made these pointy Aelves for Tyrion or is sharing as twin gods.

I think it most likely that Tyrion amd Teclis will be leading a united force as per the High Elves of old. Tyrion was always a great warrior and tactician and so fulfilled the commander role, whilst Teclis had the political guile and ambition that his younger brother lacked but without the stature and fighting prowess to lead from the front. They complemented each other and it would be weird to have them lead separate factions.

• Like 1

man, thinking about this faction is going to give me a lot of expectations I hope are met. I hope these guys are not a pure ranged faction, but a better mix between melee, magic and combat. I do hope the calvary is as good if not better than morrsarr or Demigryphs, but would have to see later on. Others things on the hype train I want to see is another dragon rider, hopefully with a bad-****** commander or sorcerer riding it. So many ways these guys could be good and it's hard not to set the bar so high.

9 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I think these are the Light Aelves that were rumored, not a full remake of classic elves, no Tyrion involved. Otherwise there would be an excessive number of Aelf factions. I mean, more Aelves than humans. Currently we know of;

• Idoneth - Sea Raider Aelves.

• Daughters - Aelf Cultists with a focus on Khaine.

• Sylvaneth - Not Aelves in a tradition sense, but crafted by an Aelf goddess using the souls of dead aelves, sometimes in Aelven shapes like The Revenants. Took the place of the Wood Elves.

• Kurnothi - Half elf and half deer, could be argued to be paired with the Sylvaneth if more Kurnothi are introduced.

• CoS Aelves - All the Old Standard Elves.

• Pointy Aelves - High Elf replacement created by Teclis, but most likely not what people expect. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t look similar to the Hysh Warcry warband.

• Rumored Dark Aelves - Unknown currently, other than Mistweaver Sai and that other Warhammer Quest Hero.

It is a lot of Aelf factions, and I don’t think Tyrion will have his own separate one. Grungni currently is follower-less so having no worshippers is a possibility, and as far as we know there is a chance Teclis made these pointy Aelves for Tyrion or is sharing as twin gods.

Kurnothi have the Sylvaneth Keyword. So they will likely be folded with them.

CoS does not have the Old Standard Elves, pretty much the whole High Elf range vanished before the release, and I would not be surprised if some of it reappeared for the new ones.