Mortal Realms Magazine

Bayul

Hi all

A blog here in Spain has made a series of wonderful posts about what's left on the collection from issue 40 looking at what is planned for up to issue 40 and comparing to the original photo of "what you get". Even tho you may not understand the texts, you will easily get the contents, as most of the names of the minis are not translated to spanish, as gw sells everything in "spanglish" here. I think you'll find it interesting (I got no relation with the site whatsoever).

Recap 1-40: https://www.cargad.com/index.php/2020/09/17/mortal-realms-desvelado-contenido-del-fasciculo-40-y-contenido-de-la-coleccion-1-40/

Stormcast: https://www.cargad.com/index.php/2020/09/18/mortal-realms-lo-que-viene-en-la-segunda-mitad-de-la-coleccion-numeros-41-a-80-parte-1-stormcast-eternals/

Nighthaunt: https://www.cargad.com/index.php/2020/09/19/mortal-realms-lo-que-viene-en-la-segunda-mitad-de-la-coleccion-numeros-41-a-80-parte-2-nighthaunt/

Scenics: https://www.cargad.com/index.php/2020/09/20/mortal-realms-lo-que-viene-en-la-segunda-mitad-de-la-coleccion-numeros-41-a-80-parte-3-escenografia/

Paints: https://www.cargad.com/index.php/2020/09/21/mortal-realms-lo-que-viene-en-la-segunda-mitad-de-la-coleccion-numeros-41-a-80-parte-4-pintura-y-resumen-final/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As for duplicates, one that is absolutely necessary  is the Soul Wars one, because if all that is true (and it seems so) we'll get stuck with 3 Evocators (for units of 5) and 8 Castigators (for units of 3). That one comes with 2 evocators and 1 castigator, one ballista (nice on its own) and some sequitors (I have 8 issues number 1 so I don't care 😅).  The other incomplete unit I see is the retributors, that we'll get only 3 (for units of 5) and will be the only time they come, so you can "need" some of those as well. I don't really plan to play, but c'mon, let's have those units complete just in case.

One other duplicate I'll get is number 40 for the alternative build, for sure. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chikrit said:

As for duplicates, one that is absolutely necessary  is the Soul Wars one, because if all that is true (and it seems so) we'll get stuck with 3 Evocators (for units of 5) and 8 Castigators (for units of 3). That one comes with 2 evocators and 1 castigator, one ballista (nice on its own) and some sequitors (I have 8 issues number 1 so I don't care 😅).  The other incomplete unit I see is the retributors, that we'll get only 3 (for units of 5) and will be the only time they come, so you can "need" some of those as well. I don't really plan to play, but c'mon, let's have those units complete just in case.

One other duplicate I'll get is number 40 for the alternative build, for sure. 

In case of the Evocators there is a work around. You can use the cursebreakers to make the Evocators a unit of 5, you only miss on models with Staff. And Averon Stormsire has to be played as a Standard Knight Incantor. And in case of the Castigators you will have 2 units of 3 or a unit of 6.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

In case of the Evocators there is a work around. You can use the cursebreakers to make the Evocators a unit of 5, you only miss on models with Staff. And Averon Stormsire has to be played as a Standard Knight Incantor. And in case of the Castigators you will have 2 units of 3 or a unit of 6.

Yeah, I had noticed that on the evocators with the cursebreakers. But what if you want to field both? 🤪 Not that I'm going to do it as I'm not going to play really, but just in case.... 😄

And for the castigators, I'd hate to have 2 extra sitting around doing nothing. Plus, as mainly a painter hobbyist, that issue is a lot of minis for the price. Nice value anyway.

Plus, in case of having to play, I like my ghosts more 👻

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chikrit said:

Yeah, I had noticed that on the evocators with the cursebreakers. But what if you want to field both? 🤪 Not that I'm going to do it as I'm not going to play really, but just in case.... 😄

Are they really that good. I have the feeling the underworlds Warscrolls for AoS rarely fit. In most cases the unit is too small (maybe not a problem for a unit with minimumsize 5), but at least I try to more generic characters and use the underworlds models mostly as alternative builds, instead of the named once (because most of the underwords units are stuck in Shadespire)

2 minutes ago, Chikrit said:

And for the castigators, I'd hate to have 2 extra sitting around doing nothing. Plus, as mainly a painter hobbyist, that issue is a lot of minis for the price. Nice value anyway.

I basicly bought enought of the soulwars, storm of souls and easy to Build Castigators so my army has 2 units of 6, the two shared models from soulwars replacing the Primes. It's the only way I'm thinking of, why the modelcount for Castigators was that wierd.

• Like 1

On Evocators the Cursebreakers would be the way to go but a slightly cheaper route that also gets you more staves is 2 getting started White Dwarf issues that's still on their site and comes with a free incantor.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Getting-Started-With-Age-Of-Sigmar-2018-eng

Just solve the double figure look with a quick head swap or just narratively having them as brothers or reforged clones from the Lumineth lands in Hysh. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi all, and happy new year.

I wonder how many of you completed the collection. I stopped at number 48, Reikenor. I still got plenty of painting work ahead....

Also, now that they have started the new 40k collection, we can almost be sure that there will be another one of AoS on 2024. In that case, what armies do you think or would you like it to be about?

My take is that one will be good guys (aka Order) and, for a change, vs Chaos. For number of old kits, I'd say (and/or like) it will be Cities of Sigmar vs Slaves to Darkness or Skaven.

What do you think? What would you like?

4 hours ago, Chikrit said:

I wonder how many of you completed the collection. I stopped at number 48, Reikenor. I still got plenty of painting work ahead....

Also, now that they have started the new 40k collection, we can almost be sure that there will be another one of AoS on 2024. In that case, what armies do you think or would you like it to be about?

My take is that one will be good guys (aka Order) and, for a change, vs Chaos. For number of old kits, I'd say (and/or like) it will be Cities of Sigmar vs Slaves to Darkness or Skaven.

Seems almost certain it will be Stormcast vs Orruk Warclans? Albeit with a bias towards the Thunderstrike/Kruelboyz models.

16 hours ago, Chikrit said:

I did complete mine!  And now have a mountain of grey plastic I'm not quite sure what I'm doing with 🤣  Have started the 40k version too as clearly I'm a glutton for punishment...

I'm sure we'll see an AoS one towards the end of Imperium.  Gut feeling says it'll be Stormcast again and logic says Kruleboyz as they've tended to follow the "current" game box set when they land.

Damn! Stormcast again? I suppose it makes total sense, but being just a painter, I already have 100 stormcast models from this collection in total (painted and yet to paint) and it gets kind of boring after 50 :D

Still hoping for something different. Still two years to go....

• Like 1