Mortal Realms Magazine

Bayul

7 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Just got my next delivery including the binders, really surprised to see this though, expected a halt on deliveries.

That would be april's delivery? Too soon, isn't it? In Spain we are supposed to get the binders on the 5th delivery, so in may.

I started getting this series and have the first 9 issues.  But due to the uncertain future I can't justify the spend each week.  I will, at the moment, just be buying the Stormcast issues and possibly the ones with paints.  

I will pass on the Nighthaunt and terrain nice though they would have been.  

I am on lockdown in the UK at the moment but if anyone wants the Nighthaunt models from issues 1 to 9 in the future I am sure we can do a deal!

Stay safe everyone!

Hi all,

Im late subscribing but I am going through Hatchet. I’m just curious whether I should expect to wait 28 days for my first two issues? I’m hoping they come this week if I’m lucky I’m excited about this subscription as my SO and I are collecting SCE and Nighthaunt respectively. I’m just cautious due to the bad press but fingers crossed it will all work out the live chat on the website said it will be come soon but who knows. 

I just read through this thread and it's a bit funny. First everyone is going on about how it's gonna suck, terrible customer service, all that stuff. Then disbelief sets in as messages are answered within a reasonable time frame, damages are replaced, and then finally an acceptance of this new and improved customer service system and delivery.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, a bit worried because my monthly delivery had not arrived yet, I called Salvat to ask for it. They said it had been delayed because all this coronavirus issue, and that they will be sent at the end of this week.

Much better now 😛

We've no idea how much stock they've got for the release built up so at some point expect them to stop sending. I believe they've already spread out the rate of releases to slow them to stagger what they have got. With GW shut down that's going to put even more pressure on what stocks they ahve - any magazines with paint in them are likely to sellout like crazy and models will vanish pretty fast too. 

20 hours ago, Overread said:

We've no idea how much stock they've got for the release built up so at some point expect them to stop sending. I believe they've already spread out the rate of releases to slow them to stagger what they have got. With GW shut down that's going to put even more pressure on what stocks they ahve - any magazines with paint in them are likely to sellout like crazy and models will vanish pretty fast too. 

Heard this too.  My brother is ordering his through Forbidden Planet in the UK and was told they're now on a fortnightly release schedule rather than weekly.

It just arrived at my home. From the sigmarite mausoleum there are only 2 sprues with the crypts, no floor or walls. If fauxhammer is correct and this is a third of it (and probably it is) it seems that only half of the Sigmarite Mausoleum will come. Shame!

IMG_20200427_105253.jpg.09dbc0d66838e1908436655775ac9a41.jpg

And the inside guide suggests so, also 😭

IMG_20200427_110757.jpg.f23dbe3b2235c50e24e0b00242c3dda7.jpg

On 4/27/2020 at 10:09 AM, Chikrit said:

It just arrived at my home. From the sigmarite mausoleum there are only 2 sprues with the crypts, no floor or walls. If fauxhammer is correct and this is a third of it (and probably it is) it seems that only half of the Sigmarite Mausoleum will come. Shame!

Not sure what bits you think we're going to miss out on?  There are only 3 unique sprues for the set (but 4 sprues in total as the crypt sprue is doubled up), so we've the statue & gate sprue to come in the next bundle and then the floor sprue to come in a later bundle.

• Like 1

Yes, it was my imagination tricking me :)

I saw in fauxhammer "Sigmarite mausoleum" and decided it was the full retail box, wich has the contents doubled 🤣

Later, I checked the initial image of "whats included in the collection" and it only appeared this "half of the big box", so all my fault

I'm so anxious for plastic, it seems

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Surprised no one brought this up yet. Mortal Realms magazine landing in the outback.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/10/from-the-mortal-realms-to-australia/

"You buy your first issue at your local store. This week, Issue 1 will be hitting shelves at Warhammer stores and newsagents near you. For about the same cost as a pot of paint, you’ll get some Chainrasps, Sequitors, dice, a range ruler, and a mini gaming mat – ideal for fighting your first battles. You may be able to find a copy at your local newsagent now, while stock will be arriving in Warhammer stores by the end of the week. "

That outta help a few wallets out. :D

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I'm on the fence about getting it. It seems like some pretty excellent value but if I were to get the whole thing then it would just about wipe out my hobby budget for the next 6 months.

Then you are lucky, because this collection lasts 20 months 😁

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Chikrit said:

Then you are lucky, because this collection lasts 20 months 😁

Whoah! There is a certain lack of clarity around what the complete package entails and I was doing the maths on the basis of about 8 months. 20 months is too much. I am way too much of a hobby butterfly to sink that much money into this.

I see a lot of people buying selected issues but that is going to be a bit tougher to work.

Thanks for the info though, it has helped me make a decision.

On 8/14/2020 at 4:31 AM, ManlyMuppet88 said:

. 20 months is too much. I am way too much of a hobby butterfly to sink that much money into this.

Well with how comparatively cheaper that is you could always get returns by selling the unneeded surplus models online.

But maybe that's more of a case to a frugal moth. xD

• 2 weeks later...

We were lucky in the UK - there were plenty of places to get copies of this from your standard newsagent/paper-shop. I mean a unit of 40 Chainrasps for £12 was a steal! I havent subscribed, but I've picked eight issues so far and saved a bundle.

• Like 1