Mortal Realms Magazine

Bayul

I guess then, a subscription from Forbidden Planet is the best option? (Although that nerfs a premium subscription, I very much doubt Hachette would deliver on one, anyway).

Having trawled the internet on the subject, it beggars belief that GW would use Hachette Partworks as the vehicle to manage this product.

Beggars belief that a major publishing company like Hachette would still continue with Partworks too, as it must damage their brand. The problems with Partworks go back to at least 2008, with some of their other titles. I've seen articles from places such as Mumsnet who mention their awful customer service (and quite frankly, bordering-on-criminal practices around subscriptions).

Wouldn't touch Partworks with a 10 metre sky pike, really.

Edited by Mcthew
  • Like 1

I picked up issue one to get the cheap Chainrasps. The Contents look good, standard GW small white dice, and the same type of ruler as you get in boxed sets. Most importantly lots of models for the low starting price. I've not read the magazine itself yet, but the contents look interesting if not realmshattering.

I can't justify getting an actual subscription, since my Nighthaunt are pretty much complete as of christmas, but I might try to pick up an issue or two that has interesting stuff in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Just to say that I received my first bundle of 4 magazines this morning as have a few other people.  I have also heard that for people who signed up last year on the "test" run, if they didn't complete the new payment form have been sent the bundle along with a bill.

Which issues? (just to compare the pace)

Here in Spain we have received issues 1, 2, and 3 in january, 4 and 5 in february and is spected that, from now on, they come in packs of four, delivering on the middle of the month. That would mean issues 6 to 9 in march (15 minis and 3 paints)

Our local WH Smith's are still stocking these so lucky enough to cherry pick issues. Don't expect this to continue so will limit purchases to must need/bargains. (Picked up 2 chaos spawn for £10 plus p&p via Warhammer Conquest. So bargains are to be had if you look closely enough - I've got my eye on the Lord Ordinator)!

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 7:17 PM, Baron Klatz said:

At least they got their contents with it. I would've expected the magazines to be withheld a bit longer for the lack of payment.

Congrats on getting yours though,  how are you liking them? :)

I'll be honest and say I've not really sat down and looked through them!  The next bundle should come with a binder so I'm currently thinking that I may wait for that before I have a proper binge on the content!  Model wise, what's really nice is that with the exception of the first week, the models are arriving cast in traditional grey plastic, which is a lot nicer to deal with than the coloured ones.

19 hours ago, Chikrit said:

Which issues? (just to compare the pace)

Here in Spain we have received issues 1, 2, and 3 in january, 4 and 5 in february and is spected that, from now on, they come in packs of four, delivering on the middle of the month. That would mean issues 6 to 9 in march (15 minis and 3 paints)

I received issues 1 & 2 as freebies as I signed up to the initial "test" run and this was 3, 4, 5 & 6.  I'll update you when I get the next bundle!

• Like 1

Finally received my issues, although the postman rammed the package through the letter box and so the models are strained.

Don't really pay for that. Ain't opened them yet as I want to make a complaint first but hopefully it hasn't deformed them enough beyond use, there just appears to be physical strain on some limbs, parts i.e. the plastic appears white.

Bit guttered like, are there any fixes for deformed/strained plastic? Doubt Hatchette would send replacements. 😕

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad

• 2 weeks later...

My package for march just arrived here in Spain. 3 issues, numbers 6, 7 and 8, bringing the Thorns of the briar queen, the Celestar ballista and some paints. Also they have sent the first special gift, consisting in tweezers, glue and mold line remover. 

Strange, I expected 4 issues....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chikrit said:

My package for march just arrived here in Spain. 3 issues, numbers 6, 7 and 8, bringing the Thorns of the briar queen, the Celestar ballista and some paints. Also they have sent the first special gift, consisting in tweezers, glue and mold line remover. 

Strange, I expected 4 issues....

Interesting - will update here when we get the next bundle (not for another few weeks).  It may be that they're trying to bring them back into the 4 issues per bundle (so your next one will be 9 ~ 12).  Who knows - the communication aspect of the subscription hasn't been great!  Interesting that you got tweezers as in my first bundle it was side snips, glue and a baby mold line remover (which is brilliant and lives on my keyring)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Interesting - will update here when we get the next bundle (not for another few weeks).  It may be that they're trying to bring them back into the 4 issues per bundle (so your next one will be 9 ~ 12).  Who knows - the communication aspect of the subscription hasn't been great!  Interesting that you got tweezers as in my first bundle it was side snips, glue and a baby mold line remover (which is brilliant and lives on my keyring)

That makes total sense, and in fact this morning I wrote Salvat asking how the delivery was going to be, and they just answered just that. From now on, we'll get 4 issues per package. And the tool, yup, definitely are side snips. I missed the name. I'm not profficient on english tool names apart from the usual ones 😄

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chikrit said:

That makes total sense, and in fact this morning I wrote Salvat asking how the delivery was going to be, and they just answered just that. From now on, we'll get 4 issues per package. And the tool, yup, definitely are side snips. I missed the name. I'm not profficient on english tool names apart from the usual ones 😄

Cool!  Glad you've had confirmation on that!  No worries on the tool name - I'm sure you're a lot more proficient in english tool names than I am in other language's tool names 😂

• Thanks 1

An update on my damaged parcel I'm sure no one wants to know hahaha, but I called RoyalMail who informed me I had to contact Hachette themselves. 

Hachette responded within a few days and have sent out 4 replacement copies. They didn't ask for any pics, just wanted to mention some positive support from them, i know there's a lot of negative feedback with their customer service. Nice to know it has been resolved. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 9:51 AM, Black_Templar_Lad said:

An update on my damaged parcel I'm sure no one wants to know hahaha, but I called RoyalMail who informed me I had to contact Hachette themselves. 

Hachette responded within a few days and have sent out 4 replacement copies. They didn't ask for any pics, just wanted to mention some positive support from them, i know there's a lot of negative feedback with their customer service. Nice to know it has been resolved. 

You got 4 copies to replace 1??? That seems pretty generous/possibly overkill.

On 3/13/2020 at 7:51 AM, Black_Templar_Lad said:

An update on my damaged parcel I'm sure no one wants to know hahaha,

Oh we definitely do, always good to hear that fellow hobbyists are getting the best experience with their products!  :D

And that's why it's great to hear that along with the general news they've been stepping up their game for their customers.

The Mortal Realms deserves the best as does it's heroes! ;)

• LOVE IT! 1