Chaos control lists

Haldawe

The new battletome has about 666 ways of controling the Battlefield with spells, comand points, unit skills, etc, so many that it seems mindblowing to me that I have yet to see a list going about that, controling the game more that killing everything.

Gonna put a list of everything (by memory) that can do something like that bellow, and see if we can come with a brew or a monster:

• Be'Lakor "can't use this unit" for a turn skill - do it on the deathstar of the opponent on a critical turn and can win you the game alone

• Reduce movement tricks 

- Khone Daemon Prince CP; 18" half run/charge

- Wispers of Chaos spell; 12" 6+ MW per model, anyone dies you don't move

- Reamscourge Rapture ES; 9"+9"+ cabalists ritual, D3 MW halve movement. Speaking of Cabalists,

- Cripling Pain Cabalist's spell; 18" D3 MW, reduce M as MW dealt

• Gain movement tricks

- Mask of Darkness Necr... i mean, StD spell; teleport anywhere

- Chaos Marauders; 2+ 9" charges, comboes with above spell and Ravagers' summoning

• Fight last (to abuse our fight twice with impunity)

- Binding Damnation spell; 12" fight last

- Mindstealer Sphiranx skill; 12", fight last, mindfuck opponent's mind first, then their unit (throw a "Im gonna use X number" in there for extra points)

Lasty, but not least,

• Archaon the Everchosen's CP, you choose who begins the round about 75% of the time

A list abusing these surely won't make you a lot of friends, but I get the feeling the games would feel way more strategical, as the heroes/units to do this are not cheap, thus leaving less room for anvils/hammers

Anyone already toying with a list around this idea? Made a game with some of it? How did it go?

Happy new year BTW :D

• Like 1

Here's a list I'm building towards. Will report back with how it goes.

Idea is to use the Nurgle command ability on the fast cav who will have reroll saves (hopefully 3+) to pin in the enemy and have them kill themselves. Use the big block of warriors to hold central ground and be a second target for Nurgle command ability late game.

Despoilers terrain ability, Belakor Sorceror and Khorne Prince and Endless Spells wreak havoc on key units movement and use their own speed to pick fights.

Despoilers
Extra Command Point

Belakor Whispers of Chaos

Nurgle Daemon Prince
General
Ethereal Amulet
Radiance of Dark Glory

Nurgle Sorceror Lord on Manticore:
Binding Damnation

Khorne Daemon Prince.

10 Knights
Nurgle
Ensorcelled
Command

Chariot
Nurgle

15 Warriors
Nurgle
Sword/Board
Command

Warshrine
Nurgle

Prismatic Palisade

Shackles

Allying in a tzeentch magister and/or taking their new endless spell the tome of many eyes (could be cast by gaunt summoner or Archaon) would let you lock down enemy units for a turn by placing a Chaos spawn into combat at the very edge of the unit, minimizing the attacks it receives. If im not mistaken Kairos could also turn enemies into chaos spawn and is exactly 400p.

• LOVE IT! 1

Honestly, I don't see Slaves to Darkness as a killy faction anymore (if they ever were).  I only have  a few games under my belt, but I have given up trying to out kill my opponent.  I think S2D are probably in the bottom 50% of killing factions in Age of Sigmar.  Instead, I focus on owning territory during a game.  Currently, I like running biggish blocks of Chaos Warriors (15) and Chaos Knights (10) backed up with a Leader/support unit for buffs.  Then I focus on holding the 2/3s of the table I think I can capture and completely yield the other 1/3 to my opponent.  Although, as I get more practice using the Ravager's Rally the Tribes ability I plan on using Warcry cultists (maybe the occasional Furies) as skirmishers in that last 1/3 of the table at least siphoning off some of my opponent's forces to hold that bit of the table.  I also plan on keeping that teleport spell in my back pocket to also keep my opponent from concentrating too much of their power in any one spot on the table.

Edited by Saturmorn Carvilli