The Painting Contract - January 2020

TheOtherJosh

I managed to complete my plegde again, even tho with Xmas i've had less time 😅

Finished the hexwraiths and painted a unit of 10 Chainrasps from the Mortal Realms collection. I managed to get a total of 8 issues from several shops (not more than 2 at a time, to not dry any, even on one that had around 30 in a box) so I have 70 more chainrasps to paint, for two blobs of 40.

IMG-20200126-WA0010~2.jpg

IMG-20200126-WA0008~3.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photo. Not a very good phone 😓

Edited by Chikrit
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

Alright! So I'm actually in disbelief I was able to paint my contract. 30x mortek, 2 morghast, 6 stalkers boneshaper and soulmason.

Well almost finished... I forgot about my mortek shields XD.  I unfortunately did run out of mordant earth too so I didn't finish the mortek bases. My Bonereapers paint scheme is the Null Myriad Legion.

And unfortunately my dog got one of my mortek. Guess I have to add boneshaper to my resume.

20200128_185536.jpg

20200128_185545.jpg

20200128_185557.jpg

20200128_185604.jpg

20200128_185616.jpg

20200128_185619.jpg

20200128_191327.jpg

20200128_191312.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

Yeah, great stuff this month, so many cool paintjobs and conversions.

Managed to meet my (modest) goals this months. The last Grimghast Reaper and 5 Stalkers are done too. So Nighthaunt half of Soulwars done now. One of the Stalkers was swept by the cat in a funny mood, not sure in which realm it ended, cant find it anywhere. First time I am happy with the odd number of models in the box ;) 

Stalkers.jpg.c8c0efb286a119f13cb6f6c880473b8e.jpg

Grimghast.jpg.780a148ca13baf7097d32e8249acdf4f.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 4

22 hours ago, Casandora Yellow said:

Lots of cool pics in that post, see oiginal

Throw your dog a bone takes another meaning in there... (mind killed a few of my hunchback Chaos Warriors back in the day - although they actually looked better after him chewing on them) :) anyways, great colors, makes them look a hell of a lot better than the standard Eavy Metal scheme.

• Thanks 1

@Casandora Yellow Thank you for the compliment, Casandora! Yeah I'm really enjoying just painting the Idoneth. Much more than Sylvaneth lol. I guess I'm not much of a landscape painter :P.

I too am saving up for Lumineth😁. I actually just sold my Sylvaneth because I discovered recently, they play way differently than I imagined in my head :P. That, and you can kind of tell that I just never figured out a way to paint them in a manner that I liked. I kind of tracked back and forth from scheme to scheme, and not really liking most of them lol. 

Lessons learned though, should start small before diving all the way in. A couple of friends and I are going to start a path to glory / tale of four warlords soon, and I'm backing Lumineth. Hopefully the slower pace will tell me if I like the army before hand 😀. I have a good feeling about them though. Definitely going to reinvest in an airbrush for them and give them the most immaculate attention that I can!

• Haha 1

@ThalmorRepresentative Its funny, I just sold my sylvaneth army to my friend myself. I was gonna do a living city army since I haven't touch mybtrees in a year, but then lumineth was announced and they interest me more.

Good call on the airbrush. I recently got my second one after my first amd cheap one clogged up on me. If  you can I reccomend the iwata revolution cr if you are just starting out. I love mine and was way better than the cheap brushes online XD

18 hours ago, Casandora Yellow said:

Wow I really like I the blue! How did you do the blades? I gotta paint my nighthaunt someday... maybe next time.

Thanks.

For the blades I use Vallejo Metal Color: Steel (77.712). Then added rust using Vallejo Pigments Brown Iron Oxide (73.108) and Old rust (73.120)

I love the Metal Color range, think one of the best metal acrylics around.

For the Blue, I simply follow one of the GW schemes (from the BT if I remember correctly). Just Nighthaunt Gloom blended into Deepkin flesh. Added thin layers of Nighthaunt Gloom on the top to get a bit stronger blue. Not the most original colors I admit, but tried various other, more unique colors, but in the end always ended up with the GW color schemes,I simply like them too much.

Edited by Lowki
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lowki said:

@The Brotherhood of Necros, love that conversion, and the story you created around it. The ghostly duardin are a nice addition.

Out of curiosity, what id you use to create the fog and light effects in that vid?

Cheers, Lowki!

Of course — it's an app called Werble. You can play around with loads of effects, some of which are free, some are paid (a couple of quid). As well as my vamps, I've used it to bring to life the Wild Hunt before now, too!

Screenshot 2020-01-31 13.26.51.png

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 9:53 PM, Sorrowlol said:

First time for me also.  I'm participating in a path to glory campaign for the first time and have to paint;

Chaos lord on karkadrak 

5x Chaos knights

5x Chaos Warriors

In the end I changed my mind about what army to play and have decided on Ironjaws. So I did not finish my pledge but I did build and paint this guy. Hope it counts^^ Need to finish his base still.IMG-20200128-WA0005.jpeg.353f2bf874bfbd56c21d876978923361.jpegIMG-20200128-WA0009.jpeg.f1ce4bcff244d29cdfc5639717bcde28.jpegIMG-20200128-WA0005.jpeg.353f2bf874bfbd56c21d876978923361.jpeg

IMG-20200128-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20200129-WA0005.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2