Orruks tribe - Ice Klaw Klan, army in progress - update Savage Ironjawz Brutes painted

Morghot

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys for your appreciation!

@Rungi im so sorry i reply only after all this time and more sorry i don't remember the step for that ice :( i dont know if i write down somewhere, tomorrow i will search!

@FRopersame as before, sorry for the super later answer! For the snow i use prochima snow effect, but it's from an italian company, don't know if it can be found overseas (in europe yes i suppose)

Some update after looong time (i wrote im slow as hell and change project too often :ph34r:)

It's not a real update but  finally i took some photo of the new version of my megaboss done months ago! Unfortunately im not get back in this orruks army at the moment (other things captured my hobby attention) but i feel good to show this! And the new shadespire orruks band is  totally awesome, i surely buy it as soon as it will be on sale... so i hope that i will post them soon!

But here the new version of Morghot the Snow Beast: more feral, savage and a lot more customized than before! Hope you like it, let me know your feeling both positive and/or negative.

bestiadellenevi+%25284%2529.jpg

bestiadellenevi+%25285%2529.jpg

bestiadellenevi+%25281%2529.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some wip! Unbelievably in these days im working on the ironjawz again! :D 

The goal is to finish the gore grutas, im doing also another brute to  try another way to paint the black armor and the warpaint, small difference but i like that way more!

Here the pics of the wip:

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

Thanks guys!

For the pale fur:

- base  bleached bone or something similar (dirty white)

-soft washing with balor brown (very thin/watery) all over

- agrax shade all over, always trying to be controlled, be more or less aggressive according to the area

- soft and controlled drybrush with white + bleached 50-50 more or less

-last highlight with white + bleached (more white then before) with normal brush passed on single hair, sounds scary and long this process but it doesn't; i don't paint every single hair and even so it's pretty rapid if you can do it with precision!

2 hours ago, Morghot said:

Thanks guys!

For the pale fur:

- base  bleached bone or something similar (dirty white)

-soft washing with balor brown (very thin/watery) all over

- agrax shade all over, always trying to be controlled, be more or less aggressive according to the area

- soft and controlled drybrush with white + bleached 50-50 more or less

-last highlight with white + bleached (more white then before) with normal brush passed on single hair, sounds scary and long this process but it doesn't; i don't paint every single hair and even so it's pretty rapid if you can do it with precision!

This may be "borrow" :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I will paint it soon or later, im still undecided  about how to paint it and when i talk about the boss, whatever army or project is, took me years (literally some time lol) to finally end it :$... i can say the final inspiration is missing!

On 22/11/2017 at 11:00 PM, DeepShift said:

Where did you get the antlers and bone jawplate for the boss? or the massive skull for his banner? It loojs amazing!

Tha antlers from a  nurgle blightkings head and jawplate from orruks brute frontal armor!

• 2 weeks later...

Gore Gruntas finished! They are all 3 different xD  because i try new ways to make the tribal paint and the black armor... and finally i think i find the best result,!

The boss scheme is the one i prefer, i change the blue tone to a more icy ones...  it means i must adjust  everyone  sooner or later, but better not to think about it  :ph34r:.

goregruntas+%25281%2529.JPG

goregruntas+%25287%2529.JPG

goregruntas+%25282%2529.JPG

goregruntas+%25283%2529.JPG

goregruntas+%25285%2529.JPG

goregruntas+%25286%2529.JPG

goregruntas+%25284%2529.JPG

Beautiful work, love watching this army come together.

May I ask, what's your method for doing the armour on the gruntas? In particular, the weathered paint, and the order in which you did it. It looks amazing, and I'll need to do something similar when I get to painting my bestigors.

Thanks!

@Swooper yep i like it too, im not ususlly good in weathered and dirty things and take me  a while to find this way (in fact i want to fix all the others like i said before!).

Here the process,  after the black armour done:

-  doing the warpaint with the selected colour, its not needed to being super accurate will be easy to fix all in the next step (especially in this case with black armour as base)

- make all the scratch and weathered mark with the black (or the colour of the armour done, of course with black its easier covering a lot).  To make scrap looking real (for me) the scratch must be not to big or round, i tend to make them thin and sharp cornered.  This is the longest step but not too long and i find it pretty funny!

- last step , the most accurate one, i make a  thin line on the border of the scrap, better only the lower one, with a mix white- paint colour 90-10,  basically almost a pure white. This is the usual method to make scrap looking real im sure you have read it before and surely there are good tutorial around! Im not too good at this and of course you dont have to do that on every single scrap, only the big one or whatever you want/fell like to do! 

Hope to be helpfull and sorry for my english!

WAAAAAAGH! 

The purchase of a box of savage orruks /bonesplitterz make me think about the looks of my ironjawz one more time. What if i give them a more savage looks? Seen i have 5 ironjawz not painted yet i must try!

The result, for me, its really cool and fit really well with the looks of my megaboss! Im really thinking about give this looks for the entire army (god have mercy on my souls)  and i will add surely the savage orruks i bought, i really like the idea of a savage klan of orruks/ironjawz covered in bone and skull wandering in a frozen land!

Let me know what you think, if you like this looks like me or whatever you think! Some pics of the megaboss, i have fix and add some little things on him also.

ironjawzsavage+%25287%2529.JPG

ironjawzsavage+%25281%2529.JPG

ironjawzsavage+%25282%2529.JPG

ironjawzsavage+%25285%2529.JPG

ironjawzsavage+%25286%2529.JPG

ironjawzsavage+%25283%2529.JPG

ironjawzsavage+%25284%2529.JPG

• 2 months later...

I absolutely love your work! And I’m just about to start painting my IJ army made up mostly of gruntas. May I ask how you painted the gruntas’ flesh? It looks slightly warmer than the fur, and makes them look even more awesome especially with the red hue!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 3:47 PM, quter said:

I absolutely love your work! And I’m just about to start painting my IJ army made up mostly of gruntas. May I ask how you painted the gruntas’ flesh? It looks slightly warmer than the fur, and makes them look even more awesome especially with the red hue!

Thanks quter and Bangdoll!

Sorry for the late reply now i have finally enabled the notification email so i wont miss a question for long time like always until now, sorry again:$.

The gruntas flesh is 90% like the fur, only without the drybrush! The step are the same i add only some more soft shade washing of balor brown and steel legion drab during the process, its probably that which gave the warmer effect! 

The red hue and other pinkish its done after all the previously step with a glaze of veeeery thin/watery ratskin flesh! More passage the best result! Hope ive been helpful.

This is plain amazing Margot, you are one of the most talented hobbyists around here! I am in love with your savage orruks conversions, they are very well crafted and your sculpting is so clean, they could definitely pass for official GW models!

Keep doing what you are doing as it is a big inspiration for me!

Matteo

7 hours ago, Hagen said:

This is plain amazing Margot, you are one of the most talented hobbyists around here! I am in love with your savage orruks conversions, they are very well crafted and your sculpting is so clean, they could definitely pass for official GW models!

Keep doing what you are doing as it is a big inspiration for me!

Matteo

Your words means really a lot for me, you know how much i love your works! Thanks!!

Archived